• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Computer Gurus Need Help Please Re Excel

In summary, the insurance company has sent the family some documents that they need to sign and scan and fax back in order to receive payment. The family's laptop does not have the program that is needed to open the documents, so the office is closed for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.
kcjodih
Gold Member
As many of you know I was in an accident a couple of weeks ago and rolled my truck. The insurance people have officially written it off and said they would forward us some documents to print off, sign and scan and fax back before we receive payment.

Well of course they did this two days ago when my DH's email was down and we just got them today. However, they are in excel and we don't have that program on either the laptop or desktop and can't open it. Now the office is closed for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

Is there anywhere online I can go and get some sort of free reader like you can for Adobe so my computer will open it and then we can print it off, sign it and send it back?

If not, is it possible to forward it to someone here to have them 'convert' it or whatever and send it back to me? If so, any volunteers? ;)

Thanks for any and all help! :)

Oh, and if you want, you can forward it to me and I can convert to PDF for you, but I am leaving work right now and won't be home for another hour...

Thanks Joy! I'll try the first and if that doesn't work maybe I'll take you up on your offer to convert it. You're a darlin'! :D

Of course now that I've posted this thread and I told him to email it to my laptop his email is down AGAIN! The joy's of being on satellite out in the country.

I'll keep you posted and thanks again!

Ditto here - open office or one of us can open it and put it in .pdf for you.

I can PDF it for you, too.

I just wanted to say I think it is awesome how so many cheffers help each other out! You guys really do rock!

Okay I'm downloading Office right now but if I can't figure it out or don't have any luck I'll PM you ladies and see who's online first. Thanks SO much Joy, Janet and Ann! HUGS! :D

OH, and my DH says really, wow! They ARE awesome, tell them thanks a bunch! (The hugs are from me though ;) )

1. How can I use Excel to calculate data?

To calculate data in Excel, you can use formulas or functions. Simply select the cell where you want the result to appear, type an equal sign (=), followed by the formula or function, and press Enter. You can also use the Insert Function button on the Formulas tab to choose from a list of pre-defined functions.

2. How do I format cells in Excel?

To format cells in Excel, select the cells you want to format and then choose the desired formatting option from the Home tab. This includes options such as font style, size, color, and borders. You can also use the Format Cells dialog box to access more advanced formatting options.

3. Can I create charts and graphs in Excel?

Yes, Excel has a variety of chart and graph options that you can use to visually represent your data. Simply select the data you want to include in the chart, and then click on the Insert tab to choose from different chart types. You can also customize the appearance of your chart by using the Chart Design and Format tabs.

4. How do I filter and sort data in Excel?

To filter and sort data in Excel, select the data you want to filter or sort, and then click on the Data tab. From there, you can use the Filter and Sort buttons to organize your data based on specific criteria. You can also use the AutoFilter feature to quickly filter data by specific values.

5. Is there a way to collaborate with others on an Excel document?

Yes, Excel has a feature called "Share Workbook" that allows multiple users to work on the same document at the same time. This feature can be accessed by clicking on the Review tab and selecting "Share Workbook". You can also track changes and add comments to an Excel document to collaborate with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • crissy11
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cochef
  • crystalscookingnow