• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Donating a Portion of Your Commission?

In summary, most people donate a portion of their commission for fundraisers. Some people donate an additional 5%, while others give a flat amount no matter what the sales are. There is usually an extra incentive given for bookings made through the fundraising event.
Harrle
How many of you donate a portion of your commission for fundraisers? If you do, how much to you donate and what is the criteria? Is it always the same or do you base it on who it might be (some one you know or if you have a personal connection)?I am getting my first fundraiser together and am trying to figure out how I should go about it? I have read several threads and viewed a few flyers but I wasn't sure if donating your commission was a typical practice.Thanks for All of Your Help!!
Leea:cool:

I have a fundraiser this week where I plan to do the same thing. My plan is just to send a separate check, 5% of the sales. I may not do this every time, but this show is supporting one of my favorite charities. Even if I don't make a lot of commission, it's worth it to me to support this charity. I'd be interested to hear other people's take on this too.

I have done two different thingsFor some I don't donate anything, like for reunion or school fundraisers, for some I donate an additional 5% or just offer them a flat 20% no matter what their sales are. I usually throw in extra money for non-profits, especially if it is a cause that I am supportive of. I also give extra money for bookings, sometimes to make it an even $5, sometimes more. Right now I am offering an extra $25 for 5 bookings from the RFL fundraiser I am doing, on top of the $3 they get already (but they have to have a minimum of 5 to get the extra). I am also closing out a fundraiser that has run 2 weeks too long and needs the money asap, so I am doing it as a show instead and giving them 20% of the sales right now (which will be reimbursed to me when I get paid) and then using the FPV to get some extra stuff that I need (I love those bamboo tongs!). That way they don't have to wait for a check to come in 2 weeks or so. I am just restarting my PC business, so I am trying out several different things to see what works best for me and my lovely customers!:D

Harrle said:
How many of you donate a portion of your commission for fundraisers? If you do, how much to you donate and what is the criteria? Is it always the same or do you base it on who it might be (some one you know or if you have a personal connection)?

I am getting my first fundraiser together and am trying to figure out how I should go about it? I have read several threads and viewed a few flyers but I wasn't sure if donating your commission was a typical practice.

Thanks for All of Your Help!!
I just write a personal check to them and write "donation" in the comments line of the check so I remember that it's a tax deduction.

Harrle said:
How many of you donate a portion of your commission for fundraisers? If you do, how much to you donate and what is the criteria? Is it always the same or do you base it on who it might be (some one you know or if you have a personal connection)?

I am getting my first fundraiser together and am trying to figure out how I should go about it? I have read several threads and viewed a few flyers but I wasn't sure if donating your commission was a typical practice.

Thanks for All of Your Help!!

I don't plan to do the same for every FR.

My first is a Relay for Life FR for the ACS. For it, I'm giving an additional 5% plus a 1% bonus at 2500, 5000, 7500, 10,000, 15,000, and 20,000 (more if it comes down to it). I'm also giving $3 additional to PC's $3 per booking. And then incentives and prizes also.

A neighbor asked me about a FR for her church. I really don't agree with this church and may end up saying no altogether or passing it to someone that doesn't feel as strongly as I do about them. If I do take it though, I won't be doing any of the extras with them.

Whatever works :)
Pamela

group fundraisersfor those of you that are doing a RFL fundraiser, are any of you doing as a group with your cluster and walking the relay as well? How would you go about commissions on this? We are all working together for one cause, if we split the orders if will affect the 15% from PC right? Maybe Im making it more difficult then it should be? Any feed back would be helpful:)

1. How much of my commission will be donated?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to donate a portion of your commission to a charity of your choice. The amount you choose to donate is entirely up to you and can be adjusted for each individual order.

2. Can I choose which charity to donate to?

Yes, you can choose any charity that is registered as a 501(c)(3) organization. This includes national charities, local organizations, and even personal fundraisers for individuals in need.

3. How do I donate a portion of my commission?

Donating a portion of your commission is easy! Simply log into your Pampered Chef account, go to the “My Business” tab, and click on “Charitable Giving.” From there, you can select the charity you want to donate to and enter the amount you wish to donate for each order.

4. Is there a limit to how much I can donate?

No, there is no limit to how much you can donate. You can choose to donate a fixed amount for each order or a percentage of your commission. You can also change the amount at any time.

5. Will I receive a tax deduction for my donation?

Yes, you will receive a tax deduction for any donations you make through Pampered Chef’s charitable giving program. At the end of the year, you will receive a statement of your donations that you can use for tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PChefPEI