• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Your Spouse/So Actively Help You With Your Biz?

In summary, NooraK inspired some thoughts in me yesterday when she read her post about what her DH and DS could do to help her with her biz on their days together while she is at work. My husband read the whole book "Come to the Basement" (on the supply order) in just a few minutes.
kdangel518
Gold Member
NooraK inspired some thoughts in me yesterday when I read her post about what her DH and DS could do to help her with her biz on their days together while she is at work.

I got to thinking... what could MY DH do to help me? Do other's spouses/SO's do things to help them, and if so, what?

I asked him about it, and he was so cute, he said "I've actually been thinking about how I could help you!" oooh, how I love him :love:

Aside from logowear, I think I will have him carry around some of my biz cards and recipe cards (also need to have mom do this- she is always running into parents of people I went to HS with and reporting back to me "Oh guess who I ran into today and they were asking about you!" Every time I kick myself for not giving her recipe cards to give to these people with my info on it! I digress...)

He also works usually one shift on the weekends. He is in the security and loss prevention industry, so it is 24/7. I was thinking maybe he could pamper a biz or two for me, he was totally up for it, as long as I do the baking, lol.

Also thinking he could post flyers about fundraising oppty and the biz oppty on community boards in the areas around his office.

Any other ideas? If anyone elses's spouse or SO helps them, what do they do?

TIA! :chef:

I know someone whose husband does all of her dishes when she gets home from her shows. I suggested this to my husband and he looked at me like I was nuts. A girl can dream, though!

Ha ha, yeah that would not happen in my house! Besides, most of my stuff goes in the dishwasher anyway.

My husband read the whole book "Come to the Basement" (on the supply order) in just a few minutes. He then decided that he was going to be the CEO of my business. That's my "Carry Everything Outer". ;) He was really good about loading all the stuff in my car, unloading my car & he would do the dishes so I could sit down & data entry the orders. But that only lasted about the first year. I took 6 weeks off for my c-section in March and he got "out of the habit" of helping & never started back up when I started doing Cooking Shows again. :grumpy:

I think I need to pull out the book & lay it on his pillow. :p (Hint, hint!)

my husband is also the "CEO" of my business, he loads and unloads my car, does the dishes, runs my errands if i'm out of something. Last week I was preparing for a booth and he and my daughter stuffed 100 goody bags. Yesterday he put stamps and labels on 100 invitations for my open house.of course, i help him outside too :) (if it's not too hot, not too cold, not too rainy)

He loads/unloads my car.
He is a recipe taste tester. :)
He occassionally helps me stamp/sticker things if I'm getting ready for a big event/booth.
He cares for DS while I do shows (yes, part of his parenting IMHO, but he does so without complaining).
He does bedtime EVERY night so I can make calls.

I have heard the helping out of hubbies is directly proportionate to how many trips they've been taken on ;)

My DH was wonderful when I was working my biz full time. When I first started I was VERY pregnant, and he drove me to each show, set me up, then came home (or hung out near by), and waited for me to call him to pack me up...way above and beyond, IMHO! Did the same thing for the next baby, too!

On a daily basis, he stamps/labels everything, "manages" the door prizes, prepares my folders, host packets, new/potential recruit packets...there's more, but I can't think of it all right now.

I lovingly call him my "secretary" and periodically chase him around the desk as payment...hehehehehehe

Of course, I forgot to mention the benefit of the extra time he gets with the kids (without complaint).

I couldn't do my business without him and thank God for him everyday!!!

Those are some great suggestions ladies, I could definitely get DH more involved with some behind the scenes things. He does help me label my catalogs and other marketing materials (recruiting pamphlets, etc.) but it would be a great help if he put together my host packets etc.

Still trying to think of ways he can outwardly promote my biz as well... any suggestions? TIA!

OK, your husbands all deserve MAJOR brownie points.
My husband has his own business and is also the unpaid founding pastor of our church. So...he's got so much going on, the closest he gets to any of the above is when he asks how my show went. (My 16 year old helps load the car...but I won't let anyone do the dishes--they tend to put EVERYTHING in the dishwasher).

My DH also does all of my dishes when I return home from a show and he also helps label. But....my DH is retired whereas I do PC and work a FT job. I also give him a paycheck every year. Took him to Florida for 5 days in April also as a perk.

My DH is great. He loads and unloads my car. He washes all the dishes by hand...i hate the dishwasher touching my PC stuff (leaves water spots). He puts labels on everything...and sometimes gets label happy and puts it on things that don't really need it, but I don't complain. He runs errands for me after he gets off work. He puts up signs at his local businesses he sales too (he is a salesman for a large company that supplies all the area businesses with their product). He said he would wear logo wear if I got it for him...our anniversary is coming up he just might be getting a PC hat and tshirt! he is the official taste tester in our house. He helps me with baking if it needs to be done before a show. He packs my guest show packets each time before a show...new caddy, order form, and if anything else needs replaced. he passes out my biz cards. I might have to start giving him recipe cards instead! He does alot more too just to be helpful, I really don't know if I would have time to get it all done without him helping, and it gives us time in a small office area with no tv to just talk and have fun!

NooraK said:
I have heard the helping out of hubbies is directly proportionate to how many trips they've been taken on ;)

I've taken mine on 3 trips. Of course I want to earn Disney, and should as long as the rest of my year goes as planned.

He saw my tracker in my office, which I hadn't updated in a while, and got a bit concerned. LOL. So he has stepped up a bit.

My DH carries everything for me, runs my errands, takes care of kids while I"m at shows and since I"m on track for the Disney trip, he even OFFERED to only take online classes for college (he's been in school for about 4 yrs taking night classes) so he can be available if I have shows during the week! I told him although I appreciated the thought immensley about taking only online classes, he chose to take one course on Mon/Wed nights and usually he bowls on Thurs nights but he told me that if I book a show on a Thurs that takes priority....my whole family has sacrificed entire weekends, etc so I can do shows, fundraisers, etc and I am planning on showing my gratitude by giving my family a FREE Disney trip of a lifetime!

My husband does my dishes about 50% of the time.
He always unloads my car after shows
My ex-DH is my CEO (my Carry Everything Out person) - I leave for shows after he picks up the kids so I generally rope him into loading the car for me - LOL
Hubby helps me a lot when it comes to figuring out what tools to show for various recipes - he is a great cook...me"? notsomuch - LOL

My whole family helps me. If I'm going to a show, my kids 5 & 7 will help carry my bags out the car, hubby loads and unloads, dishes, my daughter (5) loves to stamp my order forms and put stickers on everything else, i bought them each PC tee shirts, getting hubby a polo or button down, each car has a sticker on it. I carry catalogs,etc. in my bag but DH doesn't have a problem getting one out to give someone. He passes out invites at work, he invites people I don't even know (ha ha), and will do almost anything if i ask at the right time, etc. Of course he has to tease me that its MY business and he doesn't see anything out of it. lol

My hubby tolerates my PC stuff being all over the house... does that count!!?? LOL I swear, he probably says 5 times every day "We gotta find a better place for this stuff". :D

Lets see - DH always loads the car for me.

He takes care of DS, without ever complaining. And if he has something scheduled on a night I have a show, he works out the alternate childcare.

The best way that he helps is by taking over some of the house duties that I hate to do. He empties the dishwasher for me, so that if I have dishes when I get home, they can go in. (he leaves for work really early, so he's usually in bed when I get home)

He vacuums.

He cleans the bathroom.

By doing some of these things for me, it gives me more time to work on my business.

Oh - he also maintains and washes my vehicle for me, so that it's always ready for shows. :love:

He's not going to wear Logo Wear. I know that. And his boss at work is very anti-PC, so he doesn't take in catalogs to work. HOWEVER - whenever he is in charge of the snack for his Team Leaders meeting, he always brings in a PC recipe, on or in a PC serving dish.

Last year, he did snag a catalog show for me at the Dentist's office. :thumbup::thumbup:

Pedey said:
My hubby tolerates my PC stuff being all over the house... does that count!!?? LOL I swear, he probably says 5 times every day "We gotta find a better place for this stuff". :D

A recently visited a PC friend of mine and she has this awesome little under-the-stairs closet and that's where her PC stuff is stored between shows. I told DH and my step-dad and they are going to build one for me!! Yippeeeee!!!:love:

My DH got me one of my first bookings! He has a great group of ladies that he used to work with (before he got laid off, though he is still in touch with them) and one was one of my first four shows...there's another on the calendar from that group and one more I'm following up with later this month.

WOW!!!! I'm so jealous!!!:cry: The most I generally get was how was your show. If he's home when I'm loading the car he'll help too, but our schedules are kind of different and mine is chaotic between FT job PT job and PC as much as possilbe!:) He's gotten me one order from work. He works in a school and says that someone there already sells but who knows. The kitchen ladies love him and I give him a book to bring in each new season but have only gotten the one order from the first book. I even include specials with books with bonuses for booking! Maybe this fall will be different. Crosses fingers, toes and eyes!:rolleyes:;)

I'm tring very hard to still earn disney! It won't be easy but anything is possible. If I can get on a recruit roll those points will start to add up!:) If I earn a trip for us, he might be more willing to help out next year! Or at least after the trip once he sees how awesome it is to be on a PC trip at least from what I hear!:)

I am so excited to read of all the positive support, you all have from your DH. Mine just unloaded a table from our RV, and put into the car for me, as well as a carton of products for a display, today, at Curves. When we are camping, he is quick to spread out our PC Grill tools for all to see, and puts out the lawn sign. He got two sales from folks he talked with while grilling, at one of our Bluegrass festivals, last year. He introduced me to the Organizer of a Festival in June, and she contacted me to do a fund raiser for the Festival. We have submitted one show already, and have a second one in the works. All thanks to my DH. I bought him some of the Hot sauce that Doris' husband created, and was being sold by Merrill, last year.

The Furry Guy will help load/unload the van if he's home when I want/need it done. He tells many, many people that they need the PC __________ from his wife. He's sold lots of stuff that way.He also helps me test recipes. I know this doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice, but it really does help me out. He's good at helping me work through any alterations I want to suggest. (For instance, he's the one who came up with chopped pretzels for the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies for those who don't like nuts.)He is helping me to design storage space for my PC products, kit, and paperwork.He manages to keep from rolling his eyes and sighing loudly when I'm all excited and chatty about some new product, incentive, promotion, . . .

My Dh helps me with the loading/unloading when he's around, and of course the eating. :D But the biggest help is watching the kids when I need him to and when I have shows.He was very skeptical about me doing this business- although he never said it. And it was because he knew my personality was NOT the social-type. I'm very introverted. So, TODAY is my 1-yr anniversary. :D (just realized it!) But a few weeks ago when I came home from a show- after having had several over the few weeks, he said he was very proud of me and confessed that he didn't think I'd last this long. *hehe*. I did it to prove I could just as much as anything! :)

My DH is supportive emotionally and physically! He helps stamp catalogs, loads/unloads the car, and helps do the dishes. He cheers with me when I have a good night, and consoles me when I flop. When we go shopping, he even mentions Pampered Chef to others at the checkout!

I feel blessed that the Lord brought us together.

1. How can my spouse help me with my Pampered Chef business?

There are several ways your spouse can help you with your Pampered Chef business! They can help you set up for parties, assist with food preparation, and help with cleanup. They can also help you promote your business by sharing your social media posts and inviting friends and family to your parties.

2. Do I have to pay my spouse if they help me with my business?

No, your spouse does not need to be paid for helping you with your Pampered Chef business. They are considered a volunteer and can assist you without compensation.

3. How much time should my spouse dedicate to helping me with my business?

The amount of time your spouse dedicates to helping you with your Pampered Chef business is up to you both. It can vary depending on your schedule and availability. It's important to communicate and work together to find a balance that works for both of you.

4. Can my spouse attend Pampered Chef events with me?

Yes, your spouse is welcome to attend any Pampered Chef events with you. They can support you and help you network with other consultants and potential customers.

5. Will my spouse receive any benefits for helping me with my business?

While your spouse will not receive any direct benefits or compensation for helping you with your Pampered Chef business, they can indirectly benefit from the success of your business. This could include extra income, free products, and the opportunity to attend company events and trips with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Stephaniechefs
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • bethsbiz