• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does This Recipe Show off a Lot of Tools?

In summary, the Colossal Chopped Salad is a popular recipe that requires multiple tools such as an 8qt. stockpot, colander, various knives, mandoline, peeler, and salad tongs. Additional tools can be used to add ingredients like pasta, lettuce, parmesan, and dressing. The recipe has been a hit with families and has been featured in various cookbooks, including the Spring/Summer 2007 edition of The Pampered Chef. Variations of the recipe include adding chicken and squash or zucchini for added protein.
pamperedmomto3
Does the Colossal Chopped Salad show off a lot of tools? Do you add ingredients to it to show off more tools. Share what you do please. TIA!

tools used:

8qt. Stockpot
colander
simple additions large round bowl
chef's knife
ultimate mandoline
santoku knife
tomato knife
julienne peeler
paring knife
egg slicer plus
bamboo salad tongs

can add:
pasta fork (pasta)
salad & berry spinner (lettuce)
nylon knife (lettuce)
adjustable microplane (parmesan)
measure, mix & pour (dressing)

I love making this recipe. It is everything you need for a meal: pasta, chicken, veggies. In fact, my 8 yoa grandson always requests it as, "mommy, will you make grandma's salad for dinner"? I have made it with regular and whole wheat penne pasta (both very good). It makes a large amount for a bigger crowd. I have recently been using the collapsible bowl to show the salad in and I sell LOTS of collapsible bowls because of it. This recipe is a definite keeper and does use lots of tools as you see in the prior post.

My family loves this recipe and it shows tons of products....

Which cookbook is this in - I might try it tonight for dinner - thanks

PamperedDor said:
Which cookbook is this in - I might try it tonight for dinner - thanks

Colossal Chopped Salad

Ingredients:
1 pkg (16 oz/450 g) uncooked penne pasta
1 head romaine lettuce
1 large carrot
1/2 medium red onion
1 small head broccoli
2 plum tomatoes
1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives
2 oz (60 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL)
1 cup (250 mL) Italian or ranch salad dressing

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold running water. Spoon pasta onto large serving platter.
Meanwhile, using Forged Knife - Chef's, thinly slice lettuce, carrot and red onion. Coarsely chop broccoli. Slice tomatoes into thin wedges.
Top pasta with lettuce, broccoli, carrot, onion, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over vegetables. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: per serving (1 cup/250 mL): Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 2 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2008
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

This was the recipe for the Cooking Show Live workshops at last year's conference. So it obviously shows enough tools that HO considers it a good demo recipe.

Thanks Ginger!!!

The PC recipe I have does not have broccoli in it. You use squash or zucchini AND it has a cooked/diced chicken breast in it. I believe it was in a Spring/Summer SB maybe in 06 or 07. I am sure any variation of veggies would be fine but adding a little protein has a wonderful taste.

pkd09 said:
The PC recipe I have does not have broccoli in it. You use squash or zucchini AND it has a cooked/diced chicken breast in it. I believe it was in a Spring/Summer SB maybe in 06 or 07. I am sure any variation of veggies would be fine but adding a little protein has a wonderful taste.

I got this one right off of CC. I know it didnt look right, also its originally from the 90s. I check my old books & get back to you on it. I think its from the Light & Simple cookbook....

pkd09 said:

The original one is the 1 I posted. The Salad from S/S 07 has the Chicken & Squash....:D

Related to Does This Recipe Show off a Lot of Tools?

1. What tools do I need for this recipe?

For this recipe, you will need a Chef's knife, a cutting board, a mixing bowl, a baking dish, and a spatula. You may also need measuring cups and spoons, depending on the ingredients.

2. Can I substitute any of the tools for something else?

While you can substitute some tools, we recommend using the ones listed in the recipe for the best results. However, if you do not have a specific tool, you can use a similar one or improvise with something else.

3. Do I need to use all the tools mentioned in the recipe?

No, you do not need to use all the tools mentioned in the recipe. The tools listed are the ones that we have found to work best for this particular recipe. However, if you have a different tool that you prefer, feel free to use it.

4. Will this recipe work without using any tools?

This recipe is designed to use specific tools for efficient and effective preparation. While you may be able to make the recipe without using any tools, it may take longer and may not produce the same results.

5. Can I use tools from other brands for this recipe?

Yes, you can use tools from other brands for this recipe. However, we recommend using Pampered Chef tools as they are specifically designed for our recipes and have been tested for optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• turtle15
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
turtle15
  • pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
4kids4me
  • krzymomof4