• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does My Friend's Sister-in-Law Get A Previous Consultant Discount?

In summary, there is no past consultant discount, and Sheila is trying to get something for next to nothing by making false claims. I would also lay odds that Sheila is not a past host.
KCPChef
Hi. I had a party for my friend and her sister in law used to be a PC Consultant. Does she get a discount? She thought that she did, but I wasn't sure where to look to find out! Thanks

I don't believe I have ever read anywhere that a past consultant would get a discount. Hopefully someone else can confirm this information for both of us.

Only if she hosted her own show in the last year. Do a Host search & see if she's there with a host number that's still valid. If so, she would qualify for 10% off like any past host. ;)

There's no such thing as a past consultant discount, at least with PC. As Sheila mentions, though, if she hosted (including submitting a Consultant as Host show) within the past year, she'll have a PHD number she can use.

Sorry - What a load of BS! She is simply trying to get something for next to nothing. I would also lay odds she is NOT a past host. My "Rule of thumb" for any customer - unless they can PROVE it right there on the spot that they get a discount, I will not give it to them ever until it can be proven. I got burned once when I was starting out and lost about $25! Yes, it was a huge order from a past consultant and I fell for it. Once I opened my mouth and said "Oh yes, I will deduct $25", I certainly could NOT go back. So always make sure you NEVER promise a discount if it is not deserved. Now, I simply tell anyone who can not give me a number and date is that I will verify the info then contact them with their total and they can pay the host or myself. I have had past hosts who have told me they have a discount, found out their show was years ago and they thought that 10% off was forever! I had one lady who actually canceled an order because I told her basically that she was wrong. I did it nicely even and after she started to argue the point, I even gave her the phone number to PC to check it out. To bad, so sad.

I think that is so ugly to do that! Makes you wonder if those people were "kitnappers"....

pcchefjane said:
I think that is so ugly to do that! Makes you wonder if those people were "kitnappers"....

sorry...a little hijack here..."kitnapper"???? What is that?

Mel92504 said:
sorry...a little hijack here..."kitnapper"???? What is that?

That's someone who signs up as a consultant and doesn't do anything. They run off with the kit items. ;)

Kitnapper - someone who signs as a consultant with no intention of selling. They like the great deal of all the products in the kit for the low price. Not to be confused with someone who meets their obligation to the company and then decides not to continue or who signs thinking they will only do the bare minimum to meet the obligation and then run with the products.

John - I'm going to follow your lead. I've had people who will even tell me what month their show was in, it was within the past year, yet I can't find a PHD # when I get home. They have been catalog shows. I bet the consultant pooled the shows or did something tricky and didn't submit it in the customer's name. Thankfully it's only been a dollar or two and not worth me calling the customer to make up the difference. It's not that I don't trust the customer/past host, but it's some of the other consultants playing games with the system that I'm suspicious of. I recently looked up one customer and thankfully she had a PHD but the address in the system was not hers. I bet it was the consultants.

@ Ann & Becca:Thanks for the clarification ;)I just couldn't imagine someone doing that...why not at least try it out to see if its something that will work for you?!?! I guess I'm just one that usually tries to find the best in things :)

1. What is the Previous Consultant Discount?

The Previous Consultant Discount is a special offer available to former Pampered Chef consultants who are interested in rejoining the company. It allows them to purchase a new consultant kit at a discounted price.

2. How much is the Previous Consultant Discount?

The exact amount of the Previous Consultant Discount may vary, but it is typically around 50% off the regular price of a new consultant kit.

3. How do I qualify for the Previous Consultant Discount?

To qualify for the Previous Consultant Discount, you must have been a Pampered Chef consultant in the past and have left the company for at least six months. You also must not currently be a consultant or have an active account with Pampered Chef.

4. Can I use the Previous Consultant Discount to purchase other products?

No, the Previous Consultant Discount can only be used towards the purchase of a new consultant kit. It cannot be applied to any other products or orders.

5. How do I redeem the Previous Consultant Discount?

To redeem the Previous Consultant Discount, you will need to contact Pampered Chef's consultant care team. They will provide you with a special code that can be used during the checkout process when purchasing a new consultant kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• musicalglow
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • dancedivine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ahinchey
  • jessyscookin