• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Know How to Make the Towel Cake?

In summary, a user has shared a picture from a website and is asking for instructions on how to create it. Another user suggests asking someone else for help and mentions that the picture was taken at a national conference. The original user provides instructions on how to make the picture using towels, bubble wrap, and other materials. Another user thanks them and mentions they will practice making it. They also mention possibly sharing pictures in the future.
That's really cute! It reminds me of a baby cake my mom makes for baby showers. She uses towels, blankets, etc to make a pretty cake as her gift. Don't know how she does it though!

Ginger428 said:
I'm almost sure Beth does it, try to catch her next time shes on...;)
That picture was taken at national conference that year.

I made one and use it all my bridal fairs and shows. People love it! I have a bride and groom dove I found at Michaels as my top.

I made it as follows (I just did 3 layers):

Start with a circle of bubble wrap for the centers of the bottom 2 layers

Fold the white towels so they are the width of the words (TPC) and then roll them. The top layer takes 2 towels. Either tape or use stick pins to hold the roll in place.

Then make a circle of rolled bubble wrap (to be same width and thickness of top layer) and then wrap 2 towels around it for the 2nd layer.

Make a circle of the bubble wrap the same size as the middle row and wrap 2 towels around it for the bottom layer.

I assemble them with tulle, ribbons, beads, rose petals as garnish and top with the doves. I put them either on the Round Woven Selections or the Celebrate Plate.

Thanks Beth......:D

Thank you. Now, I have to practice!

AJPratt said:
Thank you. Now, I have to practice!

Anne,
If I can figure out how to get some pics I have onto here, I will gladly do so...wish me luck;)

1. How do you make a towel cake?

Making a towel cake is quite simple and only requires a few materials. You will need 2 large bath towels, 2 hand towels, rubber bands, ribbon, and any desired decorations. Begin by folding one of the bath towels in half lengthwise, and then in half again. Roll the towel tightly, starting from one of the short ends. Secure the rolled towel with a rubber band. Repeat this process with the other large bath towel. Next, take the two hand towels and roll them tightly in the same way. Place one of the rolled bath towels on a flat surface and stack the two rolled hand towels on top. Roll all three towels together tightly, then secure with another rubber band. Finally, take the remaining bath towel and wrap it around the rolled towels to create the "cake" shape. Secure with another rubber band and decorate with ribbon and any other desired decorations.

2. Can I use any type of towel to make a towel cake?

While it is possible to use any type of towel to make a towel cake, it is recommended to use towels that are similar in color and size for a more cohesive and visually appealing result. Thicker towels may also hold their shape better than thinner ones, but ultimately, the choice is up to personal preference.

3. How do I keep the towel cake from unraveling?

To prevent the towel cake from unraveling, make sure to roll the towels tightly and secure them with rubber bands. You can also use safety pins to secure the towels in place. Additionally, adding a layer of clear plastic wrap around the towels before wrapping them with the final bath towel can help keep everything in place.

4. Can I add other items to the towel cake?

Yes, you can definitely add other items to the towel cake to make it more unique and personalized. Some ideas for additional items include kitchen utensils, small kitchen gadgets, or even small bottles of wine. Just make sure to place them on top of the rolled towels before wrapping them with the final bath towel.

5. How far in advance can I make a towel cake?

Towel cakes can be made a few days in advance as long as they are stored in a cool, dry place. If you plan on adding perishable items to the towel cake, it is recommended to make it no more than a day in advance. This will ensure that the items stay fresh and the towel cake remains intact.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns