• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make Your Shows Fun?

In summary, Julie Weiss has had a big impact on my shows, and I try to incorporate her ideas into mine.
J.Corley
Let's all share how we make our shows fun!

Here's mine...

I add funny mishaps I've had in my "cooking" experiences. For example I love telling the story about making my daughter a barbie cake in the batter bowl for her 3rd and 5th bday. On her 3rd bday I bakes the cake and went to put barbie in the cake and darn it, don't ya know barbie's legs are too long! Barbie stood up to high and I had preform an emergency amputation (sp?). Thankfully when I did her 5th bday cake that was cinderella I learned my lesson and bake an extra cake in the DDB for a platform and Barbie no longer had to undergo surgery!

Can't wait to her what games, antics and stories you all do!

Nobody willing to share?

I actually think this is something that I need to work on so I am waiting for answers too!:D

I try to tell stories, too. Especially about how bad I am at making gravy (and how great the gravy separator is).

I enjoy playing the "Have it! Love it!" game with the guests - Almost everytime my most sold item at a show is from someone raving about a product.

I'm fairly new to PC and I would also love to hear what others do...

I have "commercials" in my shows about recruiting, booking, ordering

Two people are my cheer leaders to keep things pumped...

One person is my "negativity cop" (no negativity allowed or the cop throws a kush ball at them!)

All of the above ideas came from training with Julie Weiss...she made a HUGE impact on my shows!

J.Corley said:

Here's mine...

I add funny mishaps I've had in my "cooking" experiences. For example I love telling the story about making my daughter a barbie cake in the batter bowl for her 3rd and 5th bday. On her 3rd bday I bakes the cake and went to put barbie in the cake and darn it, don't ya know barbie's legs are too long! Barbie stood up to high and I had preform an emergency amputation (sp?). Thankfully when I did her 5th bday cake that was cinderella I learned my lesson and bake an extra cake in the DDB for a platform and Barbie no longer had to undergo surgery!

I did that too!! I think my DSD was scarred for life! She (now 16) STILL talks about the time I had to cut off Barbie's legs!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

The cake looked amazing, though!! LOL

I like trying new recipes that I never made before. That way it is closer to how people really cook. Everyone gets a big kick out of me reading the recipe as I go and making a few mistakes. I usually say something like, "this is the way I cook at home, except with 2 hungry kids you have alot more patience. I usually make a point that this is not a cooking show with scripts to follow and perfect demonstrations of the recipe. It seems to make everything more approachable. I make it look like anybody can cook and anybody can be a Pampered Chef consultant.

Last edited:
Julie Weitz (is the correct spelling) in case any one wants to learn further.

I didnt like the concept of the cop or cheerleader because that is not my personality. However, I recently "revamped" my kitchen show because I was bored with it. *imagine how my guests feel??* so I am interested to see how the concept takes off. i love the Koosh ball idea, because i dont like the "gun" concept now matter how fun it may be...

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to hearing others.

they make Barbie picks in the cake decorating aisle for this purpose so Barbie can be spared this disfigurement and remain perfect and perky.

I tried the cheerleader (hated it) and the cop (was ok) I don't do either anymore. I do tell stories about past shows, recipes, etc. However, I am looking to add more FUN to my shows. Great post!

I don't know how to explain what I do. I'm told my shows are alot of fun, but it's mostly just interaction with the guests. I have a teasing personality......I like to tease and joke around with people - and I laugh at myself and my mistakes quite a bit.....but I don't have anything gimmicky, and I don't play games.....and the cheerleader and cop thing doesn't fit my personality either.

I do tell stories when they are appropriate........

I usually play the tool spouse game and this gets a good laugh :) see files list.

FunI play games, and I try to talk about funny experiences I have had in my kitchen!!
I ask the guests for their funny stories too.

Debbie :D

So does the tool game really go over well?

What is the tool spouse game?

I tell a lot of personal stories...
"I am a habitual burner and I prepared their food. I once caught bread on fire in the oven and recently I charred and English Muffin in the microwave during the defrosting...it was smoking and black."
That one always gets a laugh and I really do burn a lot of stuff!

I also talk about who I was banned from making chicken by husband because my 1st attempt was not edible and really dry. After a PC consultant convinced me to try it in a stone, I redeemed myself. (My version is way longer and a lot funnier, but I'm not typing entire monologue).

I have tons of kitchen mishaps and I love to share many of them...I ask guest for their mishaps as well. You'd be amazed by the number of casserole dishes that explode, and stories of how hard it is the scrape exploded egg off the ceiling!

At two shows I gave Hershey's Kisses to the guests who called out that they really liked something or if they gave the page number of the catalog where the product could be found that I was talking about. They seemed to enjoy doing this, but it's one more thing for me to bring to my shows. I think guests have fun chatting with other guests, so I try not to talk too long.

I'm just myself--goofy and self-deprecating. Example: I tell them that three things they'll learn about me during the show are that I'm (1) cheap, (2) lazy, and (3) really, really skeptical.I also relate family stories. At one of my early shows my aunt said, "Rae Michelle (that's what my family calls me), you say those [scrapers] won't melt. But, when Sheilia's house burned down, hers melted." I told her that yes, in the 1200 degrees of a house fire, your PC stuff is going to melt. It will all be gone. However, the scrapers are heat safe to 650 degrees.

KellyTheChef said:
I have "commercials" in my shows about recruiting, booking, ordering

Two people are my cheer leaders to keep things pumped...

One person is my "negativity cop" (no negativity allowed or the cop throws a kush ball at them!)

All of the above ideas came from training with Julie Weiss...she made a HUGE impact on my shows!

I do the same....also from Julie Weitz......and I do use a water gun for the party cop. Adding these two things to my shows has been a hit for me and people have a ball!!

J.Corley said:

Here's mine...

I did this at my daughter's 3rd bday party and ended up taking Ariel's legs completely off and putting them back on after the party. It was her first barbie and she needed her legs back. I hated to cut the feet off just for the cake. I did 2 cakes, though and still, she was just too darn tall!!

I also do the cheerleader, negativity cop, and commercials, and I use a training bra in my why bag to represent all the training and support we get.Of course, at tonight's show one of the biggest laughs came as one of the guests was leaving. She said goodbye to the host and to me. I know it doesn't sound funny, but the host's name is Rachel, so the guest said, "Goodbye, Rachel, Rae." It killed. :)

I didn't want to amputate Barbie, so I swung her legs up over her head and Barbie wore a cape!

A fun game I do is the "word of the night". I choose a word: ex. (mix) I hand a person a gift bag, I had Asian Seasoning in it with a recipe card. Any time I say the word (mix) the first person who catches it, "You said mix", gets the bag. If the person who started with it said it, she keeps the bag. The bag keeps passing around the people as they hear me say the word. The person who has the bag when I am done with my demo, gets to keep the bag. It's amazing how many times I say mix during a demo. The show loved it tonight! It was even more fun, because a guest had the last name mix. People were really listening to my every word.

I offer a TON of corny facts and food tips. Quick recipes too. Also I do the negativity cop with a whistle, but I am loving the squirt gun idea! The cheerleader gets a clapper and my small bowls with caddy filled with kisses. And then I also have a Town Crier, whose job is to stand up and say, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye.... the guest special for the month of ________ is ______." Keeps me from having to say it, and generally when I describe what the town crier does, everyone usually points out one person... the one who Loves to spread the news!

Also, I offer ALL theme shows. Not one regular show in the bunch. My most popular show is the Grey's Anatomy Theme show. They get crazy for it! I did a Murder Myster show last night that was a RIOT! Oh my goodness... I was nervous about offering it, and then when I had no power yesterday for most the day and my script was on my computer I started to worry, but thankfully I was able to get it when the power came back on! Toooooo fun! I have an entire binder of theme show flyers, and offer to do anything you could think of. I currently do not have a Survivor Show flyer in my binder, but someone requested it, and truly, what the heck.... my guests do all the work at that one, so yeah me!

I have a crazy personality though, and pretty much will make fun of myself, and crack jokes... also tell about stupid things I have done to make it more fun. My favorite to tell about is how the hardest part of my job is not licking my fingers. I usually take my dirty dishes home with me, and one night, after the last product I used was the Easy Accent Decorator, I got everything home and started working on my dirty dish crate when Low and Behold, a big old glob of whipped cream was on the outside of my EAD.... looking around, nobody watching, I licked the side of my EAD clean.... would have been great if it had actually been whipped cream, but oh no.... it was our Lemon and Rosemary Hand Lotion! :yuck: I wiped my tongue off with a microfiber towel for over an hour!! :grumpy:

1. How do you keep your shows fun and engaging for guests?

At Pampered Chef, we believe that the key to a successful and fun show is to keep things interactive and exciting. We encourage our consultants to use games, giveaways, and hands-on activities to involve guests in the show and make it more enjoyable. We also recommend incorporating personal stories and anecdotes to add a personal touch and keep guests entertained.

2. What are some ideas for making recipe demonstrations more entertaining?

There are many ways to make recipe demonstrations more entertaining. Some ideas include incorporating music, using props or visual aids, and involving guests in the cooking process. You can also add some humor or play fun games while the recipe is cooking to keep guests engaged and entertained.

3. How can I make my shows appeal to a variety of audiences?

One of the best ways to make your shows appealing to a variety of audiences is to offer a diverse range of products and recipes. This allows guests to see the versatility of the products and find something that appeals to their specific tastes and needs. It's also important to personalize the show by getting to know your guests and tailoring the presentation to their interests.

4. How do I make sure guests feel comfortable and relaxed during the show?

Creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere is crucial for a successful show. We recommend starting off with some icebreaker activities to help guests get to know each other and feel at ease. Additionally, make sure to offer refreshments and snacks to keep guests satisfied and comfortable throughout the show.

5. What are some tips for keeping guests interested and engaged throughout the entire show?

To keep guests interested and engaged, it's important to vary the pace and content of the show. Break up longer segments with shorter activities or games, and incorporate different types of demonstrations (such as baking, grilling, or using different products). It's also helpful to ask for feedback and involve guests in decision-making, making them feel like they have a say in the show. Lastly, always end the show on a high note with a fun activity or giveaway to leave guests with a positive impression.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MrsMiller1304
  • JoAnne Barak