• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does anyone have any good freezer recipes for Spring or summer?

temperature is up.You can cook it until heated through in the 9x13 or the deep covered baker. The chicken is already cooked so it shouldn't take too long. I don't remember which baker it is specifically, but the recipes for the chicken and potato casserole both say to bake it in a rectangle baker or the deep covered baker.
2crazyboys
I've been doing a Power Cooking Show and making 3-4 meals for my host to put in their freezer. I've been doing winter recipes but it is starting to get warmer out and I wanted to move into spring freezer meals.

Does anyone have any good freezer recipes for Spring or summer?

Check out http://www.savingdinner.com - I know they've got collections of freezer meals, and they do stuff with seasons.Not free, but GOOD stuff. I have one of the books!

Does anyone know if you can freeze the filling for the turkey cranberry wreath?

Power RecipesHere is what I have collected. I am in the process of trying out all of the recipes. I tell my clients the first time make the traditional power cooking list. Then before all is gone, I cook by meat category. That way I can buy in bulk, like on big ham and do several recipes. I have all these pages in plastic sleeves in an inexpensive plastic folder, then shop at home first marking off with dry erase marker. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Power Cooking - Beef.doc
    35 KB · Views: 783
  • Power Cooking - Chicken.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 874
  • Power Cooking - Fish.doc
    25 KB · Views: 531
  • Power Cooking - Pork.doc
    36 KB · Views: 622
  • Shopping Lists - Expanded.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 458
Those are great. I'm gonna try them.
Thanks for sharing!:D :D

Funny you ask about freezing the filling...a fellow consultant did it and froze it for a show she was doing and someone told her "You absolutely can never ever freeze mayo!" So she thought it was over and done with. I told her to thaw it and try it, and that she wouldn't be any worse off, and she did, and it was fine!

That's good to know. I freeze raw eggs in raw meatloaf all the time and it's always been fine. I'll add the turkey cranberry wreath to my packet.I have heard that you can't freeze mushrooms though. They are supposed to release some sort of chemical when they are frozen but I can't remember what it was.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal"I love your quote. We've been so stressed out lately I need to post that on my fridge.

Hi, everyone,
From the Chicken Power cooking recipes here - I have a few questions.

The chicken and potato casserole says to cook until heated through. Does anyone have an idea how long that takes? The chicken is already cooked - so 20-30 minutes?

Also, for the Chicken/Potato Casserole it doesn't say which baker to bake it in - but I'm thinking either the rectangle baker or the deep covered baker?

I can't wait for Pampered Chef's official Power Cooking chicken recipes to come out but these look good in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for responses!

you can also find recipes on the 30 day gourmet website - 30daygourmet.com. They have a ton of free recipes on there. I love freezer cooking - I had 48 meals in the freezer before I had my daughter - we are just now finishing them up.

I have a huge freeze meal recipe collection and have taught these classes for years as a chef, long before joining PC. If you need ideas, One of the best books out there is called Fresh From the Freezer by Robert.. oh stink. I can't find my copy so I don't know his last name. He is a chef though and it should be on Amazon or other like sites. It has the most comprehensive and good ideas I have seen ever! Where could that book be? Eeek! Anyway, I also have a folder I made up of all the recipes I've used over the years that always work. I have over 300 recipes, but it started with doing what you are doing... getting ideas. The mayo can't freeze alone, it will seperate, but is okay if with other things (and you bake the ring so it doesn't matter anyway). I have some great recipes on my MSN group, but I don't list it here. No self promoting (chef's lounge for details). Side note: I'm from SLC! Graduated from West HS. Been here for 15 yrs but my parents are still there! Cool to see you join PC! For more freezer recipes, check the similar threads listed below. There are great recipes there.

One of the reasons I love to cook but hate to bake is because I like to use directions as guidelines not rules. So honestly, any answer would be a total guess. I have used both the 9x13 as well as the DCB and both work the same. Another blessing of stoneware is I put it in covered until we are ready to eat. If that is an hour away the temp is lower, if they are sitting at the table pounding away singing ‘we want food’ then it may even go in the microwave to heat up. HTH

1. Can you recommend any freezer recipes that are light and refreshing for the warmer months?

Absolutely! One of our favorites is a citrus and herb marinated grilled shrimp that can be frozen and thawed for a quick and delicious summer meal.

2. Are there any freezer recipes that use seasonal fruits and vegetables?

Definitely! A popular freezer recipe for spring and summer is a strawberry and peach fruit crisp that can be made ahead of time and frozen until ready to bake.

3. I'm looking for freezer recipes that are perfect for outdoor picnics or BBQs. Any suggestions?

We have a great recipe for BBQ pulled pork that can be cooked and frozen in batches, making it easy to pack for a picnic or cookout.

4. Do you have any freezer-friendly recipes that are also kid-friendly?

Yes, we have a recipe for mini chicken and vegetable pot pies that can be made in bulk and frozen for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that kids will love.

5. Can you share a freezer recipe that is both healthy and delicious?

Of course! Our spinach and feta stuffed chicken breasts can be frozen and baked for a flavorful and healthy meal option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies