• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Have a Good Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe?

In summary, Ree Drummond's Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious and easy to make recipe that is perfect for a winter meal. Ree recommends using 1 Tbsp of her rub instead of the 2 that is called for in the recipe, and recommends using regular diced tomatoes instead of the ones with green chilies. The recipe can be easily adapted to fit your microwave preferences.
sunnygirl in nd
I put it as one of my soup and slipper choices and now I can't find the recipe I thought I had. Of course my host next week chose it.

sunnygirl in nd said:
I put it as one of my soup and slipper choices and now I can't find the recipe I thought I had. Of course my host next week chose it.

Its on CC under power chicken cooking....

The one in Power Cooking is really good but I found it to be really spicy! I usually cute the chipotle rub in half when I do it.

leftymac said:
The one in Power Cooking is really good but I found it to be really spicy! I usually cute the chipotle rub in half when I do it.

Same here! I just "discovered" this recipe a few weeks ago and have made it 3 times already! I also cut the chipotle rub in half. Soooooooooo goood! (I may need to make it again.....)

here is one that my family likes.

2 cans Fiesta Cheese Soup
4 cups chicken broth
1 can tomato soup
1 can rotel tomatoes and green chilies
2-3 cups chicken breasts shredded

Mix all together and serve with tortilla chips and cheese or sour cream

Has anyone made this in the DCB?

the one in the new soups and stews recipe book is great!

sunnygirl in nd said:
Has anyone made this in the DCB?
Yep, I've made it in the DCB. It was very easy. Recently there was a thread that I posted this in (we were discussing it as one of the Power Cooking recipes (so you'll see I mentioned using 6 chicken breasts), so I'm just copying it here: here's what I did:I put 6 chicken breasts in the DCB. I didn't add a single extra thing and I didn't cut them (I only remove any noticeable fat.) I can't remember how many minutes it took in the microwave. I started with 6 minutes and then took it out and moved the chicken around so that it could cook evenly, and put it back in for a few more minutes. (I wish I could remember exactly how long it was. )When the chicken was done, I used my salad choppers on it. This resulted in chicken more shredded and chopped up like instead of bite-sized diced pieces that I usually would do if it was in the skillet. The end result was fine in the soup, so it's up to you if you want to take the chicken out and chop it up on a cutting board instead. It could be a moment to demo the food chopper, but I thought it was simpler to just do the salad choppers in the baker and save some time and less dishes. I portioned out the chopped chicken and set aside 1/3 of it in a bowl and put the other 2 portions into something else I was preparing that day.So into the empty DCB I put the chopped Velveeta, Chicken Broth, Diced Tomatoes & 1 Tbsp of the rub. Cooked for 3 minutes and took it out to stir. It needed just another minute (your microwave times can vary remember) to be all melted. Then I added the chicken, crushed chips and frozen corn. I cooked it for another few minutes. It turned out great and my friends all LOVED it and wanted the recipe. The funny thing was that during dinner something came up in the conversation and my friend was talking about some other recipe that called for "ewww Velveeta". LOL I just bit my tongue and didn't tell her that this soup had it in it. Guess because I served it with shredded cheddar cheese and chips she thought it was cheddar in it. ETA: Oh, and I DO put the lid on the DCB when I'm just cooking the chicken. But just like the 30 min. chicken, it probably is fine w/o the lid.ETD: I use 1 Tbsp of the rub instead of 2 and I use regular diced tomatoes (not the ones w/ green chilies)

Thank you for all of your help. I tried the powercooking recipe and the one in the main dishes. I gave her the choice and she picked the one out of the main dishes cookbook. She doesn't have a microwave though so I guess I'll scratch the DCB.

The absolute best one is the one that was in the Main Dishes CB a couple of years ago. I make it several times a year for my shows and my family loves it. Not too spicy, absolutely wonderful. Don't know why they didn't re-print it somewhere else, it's a keeper.

@babywings76 - you posted it for ME! and thank you, thank you, thank you! this recipe is soooooo good!

1. How spicy is this chicken tortilla soup recipe?

The level of spiciness in this recipe can be adjusted to your taste. You can add more or less of the jalapeno peppers and chili powder to control the heat.

2. Can I use canned or frozen corn for this soup?

Yes, you can use either canned or frozen corn. Just make sure to drain the canned corn before adding it to the soup.

3. How long does it take to make this chicken tortilla soup?

This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook, making it a quick and easy dinner option.

4. Can I substitute the chicken for a different protein?

Absolutely! This soup also tastes great with shredded beef or ground turkey. You can also make it vegetarian by using vegetable broth and adding extra beans.

5. What toppings do you recommend for this soup?

Some popular toppings for this chicken tortilla soup include shredded cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. You can also add some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime for extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef~Amber
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
diradt
  • BarbaraF
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BarbaraF
  • ChefPaulaB