• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Tortilla Soup Success: Conquering the New Year with a Power Outage!

In summary, to make Chicken Tortilla Soup, you will need chicken broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, shredded chicken, onion, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, tortilla chips, and optional toppings such as avocado, cheese, and sour cream. The recipe can be made without a power outage, but Pampered Chef offers a Power Outage Kit that includes a stoneware pot, can opener, knife, cutting board, and recipe card with instructions. The overall cooking time for the soup during a power outage is about 45 minutes, and the recipe can be adjusted to make more or less servings.
smile10308
Gold Member
So I had my first show of the New Year and I made the Chicken Tortilla soup from the Main Dishes cookbook and it was a HUGE success!! The power went out and luckily I already cooked the chicken and the soup was hot. We were in the dark for about 40 minutes. Great night though!

That sounds like a winning show, congratulations. I will have to try that one!

That's fantastic! I'm so glad the soup was a hit and that the power outage didn't affect your show too much. Sometimes challenges like that can make for a memorable and unique experience. Keep up the great work!

What ingredients do I need to make Chicken Tortilla Soup?

To make Chicken Tortilla Soup, you will need chicken broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, shredded chicken, onion, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, tortilla chips, and optional toppings such as avocado, cheese, and sour cream.

Can I make Chicken Tortilla Soup without a power outage?

Yes, you can make Chicken Tortilla Soup without a power outage. However, the recipe is specifically designed to be made during a power outage using Pampered Chef's Power Outage Kit for a fun and unique cooking experience.

What is included in the Power Outage Kit for Chicken Tortilla Soup?

The Power Outage Kit for Chicken Tortilla Soup includes a stoneware pot, can opener, knife, cutting board, and recipe card with instructions on how to make the soup during a power outage. It also comes with a special tool to help you safely open your cans without electricity.

How long does it take to make Chicken Tortilla Soup during a power outage?

The overall cooking time for Chicken Tortilla Soup during a power outage is about 45 minutes. This includes prepping the ingredients, cooking the soup on the stoneware pot, and topping it with tortilla chips and optional toppings.

Can I adjust the recipe to make more or less soup?

Yes, the recipe can be adjusted to make more or less soup. The recipe card included in the Power Outage Kit provides measurements for making 4-6 servings. You can easily double or halve the ingredients to make more or less soup depending on your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
Replies