• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Put a Few Extras in With Orders?

I never slip extras in. My SIL told me that she went to a few shows and the consultant gave her extra stuff for spending over $40. I told her that I believe PC products are a great deal on their own. The company offers special incentives for anyone who purchases $60 or more.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
What I mean is... when someone orders a certian dollar amount do you put little extra things in their as a way of saying thank you? I just got an order from my MaryKay lady, and in with the stuff that I ordered was a little candle and a little makeup bag. I am just curious if any of you do the something like that.

Makeup bag is automatically free with a current $40 order... ...they don't ALWAYS announce their promos but give them to you...

For my first guests, I gave them sample spice packets as a thank you to kind of get my Customer service and business a good start...

Hmm... I don't currently, but it is something that I should consider!!

jenniferknapp said:
Hmm... I don't currently, but it is something that I should consider!!

I do something "cheap" like the spice packets...if I did it all the time, people would "expect" it and it'd get expensive and wouldn't have value to them...

I let people choose something out of my basket for a $100 order. It has twixits, paring knifes.....

pamperedalf said:
I let people choose something out of my basket for a $100 order. It has twixits, paring knifes.....

Do you tell them before they start ordering? Or just mention it & let them pick something out when they are checking out? Do you "announce" it to the rest of the guests?

I was thinking about putting something extra in customers bags for spending a certain dollar amount... I try and get their b-days so that when they roll around I can give them a little something.... again my Marykay lady....

mommyhugz1978 said:
I was thinking about putting something extra in customers bags for spending a certain dollar amount... I try and get their b-days so that when they roll around I can give them a little something.... again my Marykay lady....

I was thinking of starting a "birthday club" - have you guys had good luck with that?

I haven't done anything like that yet..... But I did order b-day cards from merrill that I can send out to my past guest and or host. To let them knwo that I didnt forget about them. How does the b-day club work?

I used to send b-day cards from Merrill, but I'm terrible about remembering b-days. A friend introduced me to birthdayalarm.com, they send you emails reminding you of birthdays, and you can send an e-card. I started doing that for my hosts, and I give them an extra 10% off on top of their PHD, on their b-day.

I realy like how they have recipies on their cards.... but want to do something cute for guest who spend a certian dollar amount not sure what anyone got any ideas ?

Special giftsIf my customer spends the $60 I am sure to throw in an SB, quikut knife or citrus peeler along with their FREE guest special.

I never specifiy what I will give because that can change but these are some ideas I usually go with. These are popular things that I have given and people love them plus they aren't too expensive for me when I add it on their order and they are paying for the tax and shipping. Or I just add it in from my door prize supply!

$75 or more - Mini serving spatula (everyone loves these and through our door prizes we can get them 5 for $12)

$100 or more - Bamboo spatula set $5.00

$150 or more I try to talk them into a cooking show or to gather orders for their own catalog show. Then they can get the FPV, if not then I give them their choice of the small micro cooker, bamboo spoon set or the SB along with some recipe cards of their choice.

I love to be generous and it keeps them coming back. I met a lady on craigslist who is a SAHM who's husband is in the military. She never wants to have a show but since she came to my home to purchase some baby clothes for her daughter, she has been a loyal customer. She was very happy and appreciative of the small gift I gave her (mini serving spatula) with her first order. Now she is a loyal customer who orders from me about every two months. I am creative with my gifts to her since I don't want her to get the same thing, but I make sure she gets a little something from me.

Debbie :D

I don't slip extras in. My SIL told me that she went to a few shows and the consultant gave her extra stuff for spending over $40. I told her that I believe PC products are a great deal on their own. The company offers special incentives for anyone who purchases $60 or more. I think that's plenty. (She made it sound like they were giving her extra stoneware or something. I really think she was trolling for freebies. Wouldn't be the first time.)Now, that said, I am very generous with my regular customers. I often foot the additional special shipping if they are ordering outside of a party. It's a customer service I offer. It's not something I advertise, though.

It pays to be loyal to your customers becasue they are loyal in return.!! :D

I don't offer additional freebies to my customers either. For my hosts I have all the shows shipped to myself so I can sort and bag the show so they don't have to. I sometimes include recipe cards or a SB if there was an issue or problem, but really can't afford to buy even small gifts for 50 orderers a month!

I dont' even offer anything for my hosts or guest... and I wasnt' expecitng what I got with my order from my MaryKay this morning. If was going to do anything probley be a Seasons best for something small... I am just wondering what others do.

Leah,
Recently, I had a show on a Sunday afternoon during a weekend of horrendous weather here in the Midwest. Ice and snow showers for three days straight. The hostess and I decided to go ahead with the party and make the best of it. To reward those that actually came to the show (there were about 12 or 13), I offered a sale on the Chillzanne (ice - get it?) and announced that during my demo. Nobody took me up on it, but it ended up being a $1000 show! So, I decided as I was getting ready to close the show to add a Season's Best to every guest who attended that day. The Host thought I was the bee's knee's for that! I think it was a nice gesture for those that made the effort.
Generally, though, I don't do that. Our commission structure isn't set up to allow for those kinds of giveaways, IMHO. Hope that helps!
My Mary Kay lady is extremely generous as well, and I love it! She is also one of my best customers, so I always try to give her a little something extra, too!

lacychef said:
I used to send b-day cards from Merrill, but I'm terrible about remembering b-days. A friend introduced me to birthdayalarm.com, they send you emails reminding you of birthdays, and you can send an e-card. I started doing that for my hosts, and I give them an extra 10% off on top of their PHD, on their b-day.

I just signed up for birthdayalarm.com.....I love that! It's great for people that are forgetful...like me!

Jen, I think I'd probably reward those stalwart PC guests, too.

I always give a "gift" with any order over $100.00. I try to keep it around $5.00 and under.

I also offer free gift wrapping as well.

I give a free spice to orders over $100. depending on what they order is which spice I choose..baking products=cinnamon ,cookware= savory, etc.
I just figure if they have it already they'll eventually use it, if they don't they get to try it for free, then when they of course love it they will call me for more!;)

reba515 said:
I give a free spice to orders over $100. depending on what they order is which spice I choose..baking products=cinnamon ,cookware= savory, etc.
I just figure if they have it already they'll eventually use it, if they don't they get to try it for free, then when they of course love it they will call me for more!;)

Oh I love your idea. I'm going to try doing this.

Keep the ideas coming.... these are great suggestions.... I am trying to come up with something that will want them to keep coming back to me.

I have given several freebies to some of my customers to keep them coming back UNTIL today. The hygenist at my dentist office needed a new small Min 'N Scraper. I told her that I would add it to another show that I was submitting and get the money from her later. Keep in mind that she has ordered from me before. I submitted the order in the a.m. and then I had to go to town so I thought I would swing by the office to get her and another gal in the office money. When I told her the total she said she didn't know she had to pay shipping and would only pay me $11 + tax...like this is an option. I realize that $4 is more than 1/4 of the price of the item but I don't make the prices. I told her that if she didn't want the item then I could cancel the order but I couldn't afford to pay her $4 shipping and get only a $2.20 commission on her order. She wasn't happy but agreed to pay it. Needless to say, but she won't be receiving a freebie this time around.

I told my DH that I don't complain about the high cost of our dentistry which he replied yeah but she doesn't set the fees...My point exactly.

See, Valky, that's part of my concern. There's a saying, "Do a little more each day, and , soon, they'll expect you to do to a little more each day."

I feel like I offer EXCELLENT customer care. I'll combine a few little orders together to save everyone on S/H; that kind of thing. I'm just worried that giving too much away sets a bad precedent. (BTW: I think the little gift for the over $100 orders some of you do is a great idea.) My goal is to make a profit.

yummy4tummy said:
I have given several freebies to some of my customers to keep them coming back UNTIL today. The hygenist at my dentist office needed a new small Min 'N Scraper. I told her that I would add it to another show that I was submitting and get the money from her later. Keep in mind that she has ordered from me before. I submitted the order in the a.m. and then I had to go to town so I thought I would swing by the office to get her and another gal in the office money. When I told her the total she said she didn't know she had to pay shipping and would only pay me $11 + tax...like this is an option. I realize that $4 is more than 1/4 of the price of the item but I don't make the prices. I told her that if she didn't want the item then I could cancel the order but I couldn't afford to pay her $4 shipping and get only a $2.20 commission on her order. She wasn't happy but agreed to pay it. Needless to say, but she won't be receiving a freebie this time around.

I told my DH that I don't complain about the high cost of our dentistry which he replied yeah but she doesn't set the fees...My point exactly.

This is when I usually ask a host if I can add a few things to her order... so that the other person needing just one item wont have to pay shipping. IF they are a good customer, that is!!

I think the most I would do is something if they spent over $100.00 at a show, then I would do something small. But I am stil curios as to what everyone else does for their customers.

1. Do I get any free items with my order?

Unfortunately, we do not offer any free items with orders. However, we do have special promotions and discounts that you can take advantage of to get more items for your money.

2. Can I request specific free items to be included with my order?

No, we cannot fulfill requests for specific free items to be included with your order. Our free items are chosen based on availability and may vary from order to order.

3. How many extra items can I expect to receive with my order?

The number of extra items included with your order may vary. It is typically 1-2 extra items, but this can depend on the size and type of order you are placing.

4. Are the extra items included in my order the same quality as the items I am purchasing?

Yes, the extra items included in your order are the same quality as the items you are purchasing. We want to make sure you are receiving the best products and experience with your order.

5. Can I return or exchange the extra items included with my order?

No, the extra items included with your order are considered a bonus and cannot be returned or exchanged. However, if there is an issue with the quality of the extra item, please contact us for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • K.Shaffer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • LibrarianChef