• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Pass the UPampered Chefoming Host Specials Around?

In summary, the conversation discusses different approaches to sharing upcoming host specials during product demonstrations. One speaker suggests waiting until the future host has chosen a date before sharing the specials, while others share them during the demo. Some emphasize the free product benefit, while others focus on the discounted price. Interactive demos are also mentioned as a successful way to generate interest in the specials. One person also mentions simply mentioning the host special while talking about a product they love. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of listening to guests and adjusting the approach accordingly.
dpcharlotte
I recently had an OPRAH "A-HA" moment. I was listening to one of the DVD's from this year's conference and the speaker had mentioned that passing around the UPCOMING hostess specials could actually sabatoge your booking effort. She went on to say that a lot of people may not be interested in that specific upcoming special (regardless of ALL THE OTHER BENEFITS) and then they consistently hold off on booking until a special comes along that is more personally enticing. Her jist was to "share" the upcoming host special with the future host AFTER they have choosen a month/date. Hmmm???:confused:

I have always passed around the flyers showing the 2 future upcoming host specials during my demo - but am now rethinking things.

Would love some feedback on this one. Thoughts???

I've heard both sides of the story and have experienced both the good and the bad. I don't pass around anything, but I talk up the specials and especially make it well known that the host gets these specials, too. If it's a group that wants to help out the host that really works. BUT, you have to talk about the FREE product. That is way more important than the 60% off.

You make a very good point! I would say listen for the cues. If you hear a guest say something like "Ooh I would love that Salad & Berry Spinner but don't have that kind of $$ right now" that is the person you would want to share the host specials with, because you know she already wants that particular item.

I usually share what ever months I am booking in. If it's the end of February and I want to focus on March shows, I only show March. If it's March I generally show March and April. I don't go any further out than the current and next month.

I may have to stop sharing the host benefits and see how this does. I usually pass around a binder with the specials in it, but honestly, most of the time - I don't think they even look at it.

I always show the upcoming host specials. I now have 7 shows booked for April, by showing the Salad Spinner and Collapsible Bowl at every show. Usually, for me, April is a hard month to book - this is my best show line-up EVER for April!
I do it as part of my Favorite Products spiel. I show them the spinner, talk about how much I love it, and and how versatile it is, and then when they are all loving it too, I throw in the fact that if they host in April, it's 60% off! Then I show the new bowl, and talk about how cool it is, and how versatile it is, and pass it around, and then, when they are all loving it too, I throw in the fact that if they host in April, they can get it for 60% off......I am now doing the same thing for May and June - already have 3 bookings for June! The interactive shows really help with this, because people are actually trying the tools, and then they really want them!

ChefBeckyD said:
I always show the upcoming host specials. I now have 7 shows booked for April, by showing the Salad Spinner and Collapsible Bowl at every show. Usually, for me, April is a hard month to book - this is my best show line-up EVER for April!
I do it as part of my Favorite Products spiel. I show them the spinner, talk about how much I love it, and and how versatile it is, and then when they are all loving it too, I throw in the fact that if they host in April, it's 60% off! Then I show the new bowl, and talk about how cool it is, and how versatile it is, and pass it around, and then, when they are all loving it too, I throw in the fact that if they host in April, they can get it for 60% off......I am now doing the same thing for May and June - already have 3 bookings for June! The interactive shows really help with this, because people are actually trying the tools, and then they really want them!
I like how you do that. Talk about the product, get the guests to want it, then reel them in with the host special. I usually just throw in the host special while talking about the fact that I love it, if I do actually love it.

JAE said:
I like how you do that. Talk about the product, get the guests to want it, then reel them in with the host special. I usually just throw in the host special while talking about the fact that I love it, if I do actually love it.

Yep - but did you notice that I didn't say anything about the new colander & bowl set?:D ;)

No, because I was imagining peoples' reactions to the salad spinner and colapsible bowl. Everyone thinks the colapsible bowl is cool.

JAE said:
No, because I was imagining peoples' reactions to the salad spinner and colapsible bowl. Everyone thinks the colapsible bowl is cool.
Exactly - that is why I don't talk about the colander & bowl set....it just doesn't have the WOW factor of the other 2.....

Hey, did you get my e-mail? The one about Monday night's host?

Nope - I'll go check my email right now.....I need to find that recipe for you too.

Jen has cookies for you - I was going to bring them home with me, but forgot them!

ChefBeckyD said:
Nope - I'll go check my email right now.....I need to find that recipe for you too.

Jen has cookies for you - I was going to bring them home with me, but forgot them!
WHAT! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FORGOT MY COOKIES! I thought she forgot to get mine because she didn't ask me for the money.

Sorry about the hijack.

I used to put them in the lap boards, but now I only put the guest special for that month in the lap boards with the catalog and order form.All of the other flyers are in my Table Top Flip Chart. I go over the main host benefits first with the Host Benefits Flyer, then briefly flip through the upcoming specials just to give them an idea of what kind of specials they'll get if they host in a certain month.I keep the TTFC next to me at checkout and refer to it if someone's trying to decide which month they want to host (hmm, April or May, not sure) - I show the specials and sometimes that puts them over the edge. Usually, they want to host anyway and are just trying to pick a date. So, no, I don't "pass them around", but I mention them when I go over host benefits, and especially point out that today's host gets to take advantage of those specials, too. That is the one thing that always gets people over the "edge"! :)

I either pass them around or have them out in the table top flip chart- just so people know. If there is something of interest they may book.

I just realized I'm talking about something different than the rest of you! You are talking about passing around flyers with the host specials on them - and I am talking about passing around the actual products that are the host specials!:blushing: Sorry! For the flyers, I usually have the flipchart there, and go through it briefly with them.

ChefBeckyD said:
I just realized I'm talking about something different than the rest of you! You are talking about passing around flyers with the host specials on them - and I am talking about passing around the actual products that are the host specials!:blushing: Sorry! For the flyers, I usually have the flipchart there, and go through it briefly with them.
Hey, I was right there with ya'. So, I don't pass around flyers. I show the product if I brought it with me.

I have the current and upcoming months' flyers in the folders. I have the pronged folders so I use page protectors. I think it helps people decide which month they want. I just did a mystery host open house and the winner also booked a show because she wanted April. Well because there ended up being 4 other bookings, she gets April, May, June, AND September's Host Specials. She's VERY happy right now. :)

On the drawing slips, I get them to turn them over and write on the back
If _______ becomes a 60% off item for hosts, please contact me.

I always talk about upcoming specials, and show what's going to come.

Depending on which month, I might bring next month's host special with me - last Nov it was a bunch of heavy Simple Additions. so that didn't happen - but bamboo is light-weight.

I always stress, it doesn't matter which month they host, because they get great benefits. Free product % off, up and up, however high their guest sales go.

And if someone is sitting on the fence about hosting, and they see a host special they want, it would be a sabatoge NOT to show it.

Hmmm, I like the idea of letting the guest put what they'd like to see at 60% off so that if it comes up we can call and try and book a show with them. Great Idea, I may try that at my show this weekend.

Related to Do You Pass the UPampered Chefoming Host Specials Around?

1. How often do the Pampered Chef host specials change?

The Pampered Chef host specials typically change on a monthly basis. This allows for a variety of products to be featured and gives our hosts the opportunity to earn a different set of rewards each month.

2. Can I choose which products are included in the host specials?

No, the host specials are chosen by our team of product experts to offer a well-rounded selection of our best-selling and newest products. However, as a host, you do have the option to customize your own party and choose the products you would like to feature.

3. How much can I save as a host with the host specials?

The savings for our host specials vary each month, but on average, hosts can save up to 60% off the retail price of our products. Plus, with our generous host rewards program, you can also earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if I only have a virtual party?

Yes, our virtual parties are just as rewarding as in-person parties. You can still earn host rewards and take advantage of the host specials by hosting a virtual party through our online platform.

5. How can I find out what the current host specials are?

The current host specials can be found on our website, in our monthly catalog, or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. You can also browse and shop the host specials through our online party links.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • armywife_consultant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • susanr613