• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Offer Double Host Specials?

even though she had other things she wanted to do with her time. I would not recommend this method to anyone. It's shady, and it's not fair to the other consultants.
Sheila
Gold Member
If so, how?

I was told by my director (who's no longer doing PC, but is still my friend), that it requires doing some "shady" things that she wouldn't recommend to achieve that.

There's a director (we'll call her "X") who used to live out here that was still advertising (even after she moved) Double Host Specials. I've had a couple of people that saw her ad & wanted me to offer the same. I told them that I was not going to do "shady" things to make it work. I'm guessing that my last potential host forwarded that e-mail to X, because within a few hours of responding to my potential host I received an e-mail from X letting me know how it works. She said that she has a monthly host club (12 women who rotate & take turns hosting for every month of the year). Anytime anyone books a show, X adds them as a booking to her monthly host club. When the new host does their show, X pays for the monthly host special (at 60% off) under the name of whoever was the "original host" (in her monthly host club). When the item arrives, she retrieves it from her friend, does a gift receipt from the friend to the new host (for warranty purposes) and gives it to the new host.

Is this okay in the eyes of TPC???

I ask, because X is the same person who put a "Help Whip Cancer" ad in the local paper with her PWS info. This paper is online too, so it meant that there was a clickable link to her PWS. I know HWC ads are the exception to having your PWS advertised, but from the time that I noticed the ad until it was removed from the weekly paper, over a year had passed! I know that TPC would disapprove if they knew that her PWS was advertised for so long. So because I knew that she was bending the rules there, it concerns me that I shouldn't try the Double Host Special offer method. Know what I mean?

Sheila,Just the fact that you are questioning the process makes it feel like a scam to you. Go with your gut. I think you are correct in that there is something not quite right there. As soon as read through your post, my stomach said ugh to me as well. I can not put my finger on it but, do not do it. Tell any host who asks you about it, that it is not part of your business format and leave it at that.
Side note: You can tell them the Double Host Special works only if they do a party every 5 to 6 months as the past host they booked form. That is legit.

She's recently stopped advertising here. So the inquiries should soon stop. I've only been doing PC a year. I'm doing it part time, just to support my addiction to the product. I don't push people to host shows, I don't encourage people to sign, etc. I'm just doing it for fun. I really can't afford to buy double stuff out of pocket!!! And, even if I thought home office would approve this, I don't know that I'd have a hostess every month that I'd feel confident would hand over the items that I purchased under their name and had mailed to them! LOL

I was more or less just wondering if other consultants offer this type of service.

Just as a national sales director said in a training I was at this year... "Don't waste your time or money trying to "add on" to host benefits" PC is very generous, and it's an insult to all the hard work PC puts into the development of those host benefits."Now, I am 99% sure she was NOT referring to benefits such as giving your host a small gift to thank them, giving them an additional $10 item free for getting $x in outside orders or inviting 40 people or having 15 people attend, etc. etc. BUT what you just described sounds exactly what she was referring to, and is just a way for your hosts to find a way to work the system. It does not sound ethical to me at all, I would not do this.

I totally agree. PC does offer good benefits to the hosts!

This is the host that I think forwarded the e-mail to X. She had a "gimme" attitude. She had to "decide" if she wanted to host a show since I didn't offer extra incentives above & beyond what PC was offering. When she learned it was extra free product month, she jumped & decided to host a show (I did it on Saturday). But she still fronted me out in front of the guests wanting to know why I didn't have a freebie to hand her for hosting a show. I politely reminded her (in a joking manner when I really wanted to tell her to "grow up!") that hosts can earn lots of free and discounted items, but that by hosting a show in July she could earn even more! ;)

I could just see the snowball effect if I had caved & given her something. Any bookings off of her show would expect the same service, and the bookings off their shows, etc. Just not a practice that I can afford or a benefit that I'm willing to start providing.

Good for you! Stick to your guns. If they have a problem with that, they can go some where else. It will be a shock to them when they get the same treatment from ALMOST every other consultant too. The most I do is give a Season's Best right off but I do a little push for higher sales by giving them a RUFTH Trivet for $350 plus in sales. It is a two fold gift so... And that is MY game it does not have to be yours!

1. What is a double host special?

A double host special is a promotion offered by Pampered Chef where the host of a party can earn double the usual rewards for hosting a party. This means they can earn double the free and discounted products based on the sales from their party.

2. How can I qualify for a double host special?

To qualify for a double host special, you must book a party with a Pampered Chef consultant and have a minimum of $200 in sales at your party. The double host special must also be active during the time of your party.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a party during a double host special?

The main benefit of hosting a party during a double host special is the opportunity to earn double the rewards. This means you can get more free and discounted products from Pampered Chef for simply hosting a party. It's a great way to stock up on kitchen essentials and try new products.

4. Can I combine a double host special with other promotions?

In most cases, yes, you can combine a double host special with other promotions offered by Pampered Chef. However, it's always best to check with your consultant to confirm which promotions can be combined.

5. How often does Pampered Chef offer double host specials?

Pampered Chef typically offers double host specials several times throughout the year. However, the timing and availability of these specials may vary. It's best to check with your consultant to see when the next double host special will be available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephaniekocala
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
melheather
  • Diamond
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bellakieu
  • amuia