• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Just Send the E-Mail Invites, or the Snail Mail Ones Too?

C
chelynn
I don't have a website yet, just trying to understand how it works. :) If you have the host send e-vites, do you send the regular ones as well, or not?

Even when the host is sending our e-vites, I like to still send out postcard invites as a "reminder". I think having the invite in more than one medium helps. I've also been coaching my hosts to phone and personally invite their guests, and then I follow up w/ the postcard invite. I have found that when they do that, there is better attendance. Some of them are only calling 15-20 people, but getting alot of them to come by the personal phone call!
One show I had last week, she invited 15 people, and had 12 at her show!

I love my website - but I don't put alot of stock into the e-vites portion of it. I have found more and more that the invites get dumped into junk files, and never viewed by those invited. I still encourage hosts to use it, but with the knowledge that this could happen, so they need to also phone their guests!

I instruct hostess to use my website, evite.com or a flyer that I put together. I have no luck with postcards. If a hostess wants them I provide them, but don't rely on them much.

I do encourage the e-vites b/c I have several hosts that are great with the computer and their friends are too. I had one have an order within an hour of her deciding to have a show b/c I set her up right away, she emailed her people (they were in there from last time she had a show) and her friend must have gotten it right away and ordered. I find that in certain groups it increases orders. I use postcards right now, but am changing that b/c I just don't think they work as well. I've seen an idea to send the mini-catalog with a little flyer invite inside. I really might try this. I received one for jewelry like that and enjoyed getting to see the products. Upside, easier for outside orders for those items. Downside, they may not see anything they want, so why come. Another thing regarding this one, I wanted to go to a website to check out the rest of the catalog and couldn't. Now PWS and the company website didn't have the specific products so I couldn't look on there. I love the PC has ALL of the products AND prices readily available to see.

Jules711 said:
I've seen an idea to send the mini-catalog with a little flyer invite inside. I really might try this. I received one for jewelry like that and enjoyed getting to see the products. Upside, easier for outside orders for those items. Downside, they may not see anything they want, so why come. Another thing regarding this one, I wanted to go to a website to check out the rest of the catalog and couldn't. Now PWS and the company website didn't have the specific products so I couldn't look on there. I love the PC has ALL of the products AND prices readily available to see.
If you include a sentence on the note you insert you can pique their interest. Something along the lines of, "This booklet contains only a portion of our huge product line. Check the rest out online at webaddress or come to the party for a catalog!"

Jules711 said:
I do encourage the e-vites b/c I have several hosts that are great with the computer and their friends are too. I had one have an order within an hour of her deciding to have a show b/c I set her up right away, she emailed her people (they were in there from last time she had a show) and her friend must have gotten it right away and ordered. I find that in certain groups it increases orders. I use postcards right now, but am changing that b/c I just don't think they work as well.

I've seen an idea to send the mini-catalog with a little flyer invite inside. I really might try this. I received one for jewelry like that and enjoyed getting to see the products. Upside, easier for outside orders for those items. Downside, they may not see anything they want, so why come. Another thing regarding this one, I wanted to go to a website to check out the rest of the catalog and couldn't. Now PWS and the company website didn't have the specific products so I couldn't look on there. I love the PC has ALL of the products AND prices readily available to see.

I've been thinking about sending out the mini as the invite too, and with what seems to be a lot of new fall products, may do this starting in Sept.....
I have a friend swho sells Big YellowBox, and you can't see any of their products online! You used to be able to, but can't anymore - just silly!

I've been invited to parties and wanted to preview their products to see if I wanted to go. It aggravates me when it's not online. Being able to order online and have it count toward the party is even better, but AT LEAST include things so potential customers can browse!

I agree about the website. If I can't look and don't want to/can't go, I won't order. Make it EASY for me! I'm busy. And YES, Ann, I would include something saying that. I just know people don't always read and that's how I felt about the jewelry one. OF COURSE, PC is so much more fun that I don't think people think that way of us. It's not a specific style thing (fits everyone) and there's guaranteed food involved.Envelope or no? I'm concerned with them making it through the mail. I did a TW show for a friend and a few didn't get them b/c the info was ripped off!

Jules711 said:
I agree about the website. If I can't look and don't want to/can't go, I won't order. Make it EASY for me! I'm busy. And YES, Ann, I would include something saying that. I just know people don't always read and that's how I felt about the jewelry one. OF COURSE, PC is so much more fun that I don't think people think that way of us. It's not a specific style thing (fits everyone) and there's guaranteed food involved.

Envelope or no? I'm concerned with them making it through the mail. I did a TW show for a friend and a few didn't get them b/c the info was ripped off!

I'm thinking envelope - jut because I did use the mini one time for an Open House I did, and some of them ripped open, and got there late because they were damaged in mailing (w/ corners getting jammed in machines etc....) - which is why I haven't done them up to this point. I just really like the idea of sending them though!

Related to Do You Just Send the E-Mail Invites, or the Snail Mail Ones Too?

1. Do I have to send both e-mail and snail mail invitations?

No, it is not necessary to send both types of invitations. You can choose to send either e-mail or snail mail invitations based on your personal preference or the preferences of your guests.

2. If I have a website, do I still need to send invitations?

Sending invitations is still a good idea even if you have a website. Not all of your guests may regularly check your website, so sending an invitation will ensure that they are aware of your event.

3. Can I have the host send e-vites and not send regular invitations?

Yes, you can choose to only send e-vites through the host. This can save time and money on printing and mailing physical invitations.

4. What is the advantage of sending e-mail invitations?

Sending e-mail invitations can be more convenient and cost-effective. It also allows for easier tracking of RSVPs and sending reminders to guests.

5. Can I send e-mail invitations to guests who do not have email?

No, if your guests do not have email, it would be best to send them physical invitations. Sending e-mail invitations to non-email users may result in them not receiving the invitation at all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pletcherdee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pletcherdee
  • jbondr
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jla8279
  • dkitten13