• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Give Out Recipes at Your Shows?

the recipe to the show guests if they ask for it, but I also send them an email with the recipe the day after the show. I also include a business card with the email so people can follow up with me if they have any questions or want to order the recipe.
pamperedcheermom
I've been printing out the recipe I do at my shows straight from the PC website. They usually have a picture which is in color so this uses a lot of ink. I put together guest folders that includes both recipes (main dish and dessert), a catalog, order form, host flyer and guest flyer. I would like to cut down on costs as much as possible and the ink cartridges can be pricey. Should I just get their e-mail address and send them the recipe if they want it or continue to print one out and put it in the folder. I've had hosts tell me she has 15 people coming so I make 15 folders and only end up with 6 or 7 people. A few may actually take the recipe home but most of them leave them in the folder. What about the host and guest special flyers? Should I continue to put those in the folders too or just put one on display?

Just wondered what the rest of you do as far as recipes.

I personally do not give out the recipe at the shows. I do however, let people know it is in th SBRC or whatever cook book it came out of. I have also let people know that I am more than willing to email the recipe if they like.

I have heard that some people will put the recipe on their website and they inform their guest of that. I think I am going to start doing that also. I think it is a great way to get people to my website. :)

I have one printed on my business card. I tell them to visit my website and I change my recipes at the beginning of each month on it, so, visit often.

I follow up the day after a show with an email - I include the recipe with that email - I do explain that I will be sending them the recipe when I go over the doorprize slips - it is a great way to hold on to your contacts and keep in touch with them -

Thanks! I like the website idea. I wish I could get more people to use my website. If I'm going to pay for it, I'd like for someone to visit it occasionally. Maybe this will get more people to look at it.

OK, do you copy and paste the recipe onto the "News" part of your website or do you have to type in the whole thing? Or where do you put the recipe.

EmailIf they give me their email I tell them that they can receive ONE email a month with updates, specials, news and a great recipe, including the one I did at the show. And they can also get on my website. I end up with lots of emails to add to my list.

Debbie :D

Depending on the show and how far ahead the host and I are planning, I usually type up a sheet with the recipe(s) on it. This is usually more for people who choose recipes not in any of the current cookbooks. The advantage it gives me is that at the bottom I put a marketing line that says something like: "Recipe(s) prepared at _______'s Home Cooking Show on February 19th by Katie L., Independent Consultant. Like the products? Host a Show! Love the Business? Become a Consultant! Call 825-xxxx or visit my web site at http:.... for more information"
I get photocopies made at OfficeMax or OfficeDepot, probably a dozen or so, and it costs less than $1.50 (double-sided, black and white), so I'm not using all of the toner in my printer in my home office. The stores also provide extra paper in different colors, so I usually pick a different color each time. The guests love it, and more than one has mentioned they are excited to get to try the recipe at home, too.

I post the recipes on the Calendar section of my website. If they want the show recipes, I tell them they can get them there. I used to print them and hand them out at shows but since I do different recipes at each show, I was wasting paper and ink because I would always end up printing too many. Now I just refer them to my website and it creates more traffic there.

I have been printing my recipes out as well, but I am going to start using the Theme show recipe cards (postcards) provided by The Pampered Chef. If they want the show recipe, I will put it on my website for them to view.

I do give out the recipe at the show. I copy it on colored paper at Office Max so I am not wasting all my toner. I ask each person at checkout if the are interested in hosting a show and if they say no then I ask if they would like a copy of the recipes made tonight. Always good to end on a positive note. :sing:

My information is on the recipe as well.

I used to print them, but not hand them out at the show. I attached them to the receipts, so they'd get the recipe with their order. That was before PWS. Now I put it on my PWS - usually in the calendar section in an entry for that show. (Well, when I remember to put it there.) Unless I demoed a theme show recipe that has a card from HO. Then I just give them the card - with my sticker on it.

I do give out recipes at the show - but not always the show recipe. I'm lazy (I think I've said that before.:rolleyes: :eek: ) so I just hand out one of the recipe cards from PC, and say "here is another great recipe that goes with the Real Food theme" (or whatever theme I am doing). I do this as part of my 3 pile system when they are checking out. I also have recipe postcards from Vista Print that I use too.

I tell them the recipe is on my website - I don't print much out if I can help it, because ink is so pricey.

What about the host and guest special flyers?
These are in my flip chart.

I give the host about 4-5 OOF forms printed in B&W so people who don't come to the show know what the special will be.

I don't give out the show recipe - I think I will start putting it on my website and driving traffic there - I need to keep it updated anyway! I give out a recipe card from PC as part of my 3 pile system at checkout so they do get one just not the one demo-ed.

I print out 1 copy of the host and guest special and put it in my flip chart or in my flyer stand - I print out as little as possible because I either forget to do it or do it and forget to grab it on my way out!

I email the show recipe when I turn the order in. That way everyone gets it and they know when I turn in the order so they don't bug the host about when their stuff will be coming. :)

recipes at showsI do give out the recipe at the show, but I also ask for e mails because I do a recipe of the month from my news section of my website. I always pass out the recipe as my 3 pile method:chef:

I've found that a handful of people at my past 2 parties didn't have the internet. What would you do in that situation? I think some people like having it in front of them as your making the recipe.

I always tell them they can get the recipe from someone who does have email. Usually the host will print it out for those folks and give it to them with their order.

pamperedpals said:
I have heard that some people will put the recipe on their website and they inform their guest of that. I think I am going to start doing that also. I think it is a great way to get people to my website. :)

I do this as well and to promote the outlet. And if they request it to be emailed, then I can put them on my newsletter list.

If the recipe isn't in the SBRC, then I'll e-mail if they want it. One show that I can think of had a few older people who don't do e-mail or internet. So I made copies and gave them to the host with the receipts I had to print for outside orders.
I do not do folders. I bring one color copy of the host and guest specials from our CN. I show the flyers and talk quickly about them. I give the host 3 copies of the guest special printed on the back of OOF's (I let the host know these are not official receipts and she may make copies), and she gets the host special.

DebbieJ said:
I email the show recipe when I turn the order in. That way everyone gets it and they know when I turn in the order so they don't bug the host about when their stuff will be coming. :)

What a great idea, Deb! I think I'm going to start doing this, too! Thanks! :)

pamperedcheermom said:
OK, do you copy and paste the recipe onto the "News" part of your website or do you have to type in the whole thing? Or where do you put the recipe.

I do that.I title it "New Recipes" and put the date I change them in the title, so, they know when they have been updated.

I go on CC and get the recipe and shopping list in print friendly text and copy and paste it in there.

If I am doing a certain recipe for the whole month, I will make sure it is on there. I have also started putting the recipe for the shows on my calendar of shows too.

I give out the recipes at every show

1 day a month - I set at my computer and print off alot of recipe cards. I use my old printer that I refill my black only ink cart. I print my recipes on blank 4 X 6 index cards. I use to give out a full size page but then realized that most people use recipe cards in their recipe card box - reg. paper gets lost very quickly. I have had many people request more recipe cards - including my card that tells them how to make a sandwich ring. Most of the returning guest to my shows actually ask me where the cards are when they arrive so that they can get them before they're all gone.

:chef:

This season they are all on my website. Next season they are all in the SB cookbook so I am going to encourage guests to purchase it to get the recipe.

Since I am pretty new I am not at the point of offering a limited amount or recipes - so I would not want to put so many on my website.

I have been copying the recipes into Word and making them 1/2 page. I also make sure my info is on each recipe. When the host decides on the 2 recipes, I can just combine the two half-page recipes onto one page (or copy back-to-back). I print them in black ink (no color!)

Also, since I am new and trying many different recipes, it is hard to gauge which recipes are a "hit". Everyone will always say how much they liked something to your face (even if they didn't). But if they actually take the recipe home, then I know they liked it.

I used to hand them out with the catalog, but now I place them in a stack and let them help themselves at the end of the show. I tell them at the beginning of the show that they are free to take a copy of the recipe before they leave. If I get a few guests asking where the recipe is, then I feel that the recipe probably turned out OK!

I like the idea of sending out the recipe in an email to each guest. I am just not that organized yet. I think I might start doing this in the future!

I started directing them to my website and posting them there. I would list on the home page "Recipe from Tami's show." When they clicked on it I would say, "Thank you for attending Martha's cooking show. I enjoyed spending the evening with you. If you loved the BBQ Salad and Ice Cream Sandwich Torte she chose for her menu that evening, here are the recipes so you can try them at home:" I also say, "Martha received $210 in free and discounted products just for having her show."

I don't know how many people actually looked it up. Now I ask for email addresses and say I will email them the recipe. This way I can get people added to my monthly news letter. I had a hard time getting email addresses before this. I tell them I will send them a monthly news ltr. at the time and say if after they receive the first one they don't want it anymore, to email me and I will remove them from the list. I tell them I have montly recipes and tips, etc. I subscribe to Joy's newsletter:)!

I give the recipe at the showSince I only give my hosts a choice of 1 or 2 items that I make for the entire selling season, it makes it easy on me.

Yes at checkout. If I get no's to the business opportunity or booking a show That way I always end on a yes and everyone is happy.

1. Can I get a copy of the recipes you use during the show?

Yes, absolutely! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am more than happy to share the recipes we use during our shows with you. Just let me know which ones you are interested in and I can provide you with a copy.

2. Are the recipes you use at shows available online?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a website where you can find all of our recipes, including the ones we use at shows. You can access them anytime and even save your favorites to your account for easy access in the future.

3. Are the recipes you use at shows exclusive to Pampered Chef products?

No, our recipes are not exclusive to Pampered Chef products. While we do use our products in the demonstrations, you can use any similar products you have at home to recreate the recipes.

4. Can I get a printed copy of the recipes instead of accessing them online?

Yes, you can. We have recipe cards available for purchase that you can use to keep a physical copy of your favorite recipes. You can also print the recipes from our website if you prefer.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts for purchasing the recipes used at the show?

At the moment, we do not offer any special offers or discounts for purchasing the recipes used at the show. However, you can always contact me for any current promotions or discounts on our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nay62
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD