1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales What do you give with you cattys at shows?

1. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Advanced Member Gold Member

What do you give with your cattys at shows?

I have been doing the same thing for a while, and I think it' time to change. I have been giving the catty, order form, wish list, next few months specials and the recruiting brochure. I just slip them into the catty.

What do you include and do you use a folder, notebook or something else?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
    Apr 22, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I use dollar store clipboards....a catty, an order form and drawing slip. I lay them all in a line in a central location and let people pick them up....

3. salthechef

salthechef Member

I use a folder like the consultant who recruited me. I just put these together, and I have kind of a lot, so I'm seeing how it goes. Left side has a couple of recipes they can take, recruiting flyer, month's specials, and a form (from here!) that gives an example of how much you can save as a hostess. Right side has my business card (in the cut out for it) wish list, catalog, order form, and pen.

I would also love to hear what other consultants use!

Apr 22, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I don't give an order form until the very end.

I have, in order:

a contact card (3 x 5) with my info
    the guest special
    recruiting flyer (currently the Everyone Deserves to Be Pampered one from here)
    blank 1/2 sheet for notes
    catalog
    survey/drawing sheet

Apr 23, 2009
  5. Triciascucina

Triciascucina Member

I use file folders and put PC label on the tabs and sticker with all my info(the dame one I use on the back of the cattys) I tell them to keep the folder to hold all their receipts in so they can always find them, I put in an order form drawing slip Cancer brochure and a recipe card. they can keep it all.

Apr 23, 2009
  6. stacywhitlow

stacywhitlow Veteran Member

I use homemade lap boards (3 ring binder cut in 2). I use the clear cover for whatever I want to focus on...usually recruiting but add gift sets @ Christmas time. In the pocket I place an order form, catalog, recipe card, your life your way brochure, door prize slip. I have PC logo sticker & "I love referrals" sticker on pocket. I started out using folders but they were too easy to get messed up. Guests do NOT take care of your stuff. Then I tried the clipboards but they were too bulky. The lap boards work for me.

Apr 23, 2009
  7. AlowayFamily

I have not tried lapboards yet, do you think they make a big difference? Do you use both sides of the cut up notebook, or just the front cover? I like the idea of my guests having something to write on when they do their order.

Apr 23, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I use the front and back from a 3-ring binder. I make sure they're the ones with pockets front & back. I've had a lot of positive comments on them. Plus, it's easier for people to fill out paperwork with a firm surface to write on.

Apr 23, 2009
  9. maassl

maassl Guest

What is this? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. I am looking to put some other things in with my catalogs too.

Apr 23, 2009
  10. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I love this idea!

Apr 23, 2009
  11. AlowayFamily

Type in "Everyone" in the file search box and a PDF comes up with it.

Apr 23, 2009
  12. kittychef

kittychef Member

Don't want to sound too dumb, but what's a catty? LOL

Apr 23, 2009
  13. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Catalogue :)

Apr 23, 2009
  14. kittychef

kittychef Member

Ok never mind I got it! BOY I need a nap!

Apr 23, 2009
  15. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

:).................

Apr 23, 2009
  16. My director has started doing this and I am trying it too....

Bought a box of 100 plain manilla folders, stamped the front with my info, and I put a catalog, order form, drawing slip, and wish list in there. I then tell the guests to keep the folder to store their receipts in, and it has my info right on the front.

Apr 23, 2009
  17. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I keep it simple. I find if I give them too much stuff, they're completely overwhelmed and buy a mini serving spatula and call it a day.

I use the lapboards from Merrill and put a catalog and order form in the 1/2 pocket, and a magnetic business card in the small bus. card pocket. I put the current month's guest special in the full pocket on the back. I hand them out in the beginning, and tell them they can have everything in the lapboard, I just need the lapboards and pens back for my next shows.

I make sure they know the business card is magnetized so they can put it on their fridge, and when they're making a recipe and realize they need a tool, they can call me on the spot. I point out the guest special on the back and then pass it around if possible.

I hand out the drawing slips after the recipe is finished so we can do the drawing and I can explain the order form. Then I take orders.

I used to use folders filled with everything on earth, but found they were getting trashed and it was too much work to fill them every time. This makes it simpler - I just fill the catalogs, order forms and bus. cards, and only print the guest special. All of the other flyers are in my tri-fold binder that I put on display and discuss throughout the show. Saves time and money, which is always good!

18. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

That's a neat idea! I have a bunch of old PC letter-sized envelopes from my old director who quit the business, maybe I'll use those at checkout to put their receipt into with any other handouts they end up taking. Thanks!

19. maassl

maassl Guest

Thanks! This is great!!

Apr 24, 2009
Have something to add?