• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Ever Feel Like a Phone Stalker???

three different people. I have been trying to get ahold of 3 different people since January. The past hostesses wanted me to get them to book their shows in Feb for the specials but they never answer the phone. I try every other week. And in the past week I have spoke to each of...three different people.
dpcharlotte
I really try an make a HUGE effort to book my host's at the show. However for those who clearly state an interest in hosting a show - but insist on the "call me down the road" path I have a TERRIBLE time getting them to return my calls when I try and follow up. I am wondering how many times I should call these "leads" before I call it quits. After I make 3 attempts (meaning I have left a message 3 times) I feel like I am coming off as a stalker. I want to be pro-active and professional. How many times do you all call and have you ever felt this way?

I call whenever I feel like it, actually. I leave a message that I'll call back if I don't hear from them. I wait until a different time of day or a different day. Then I wait a few days. The times get farther apart, but if they want me to stop calling they may call me back and tell me. I NEVER actually expect people to return my calls. I'm not good at returning non PC calls, so I understand.

dpcharlotte said:
I really try an make a HUGE effort to book my host's at the show. However for those who clearly state an interest in hosting a show - but insist on the "call me down the road" path I have a TERRIBLE time getting them to return my calls when I try and follow up. I am wondering how many times I should call these "leads" before I call it quits. After I make 3 attempts (meaning I have left a message 3 times) I feel like I am coming off as a stalker. I want to be pro-active and professional. How many times do you all call and have you ever felt this way?

It's not their job to call you. It's your job to call them.

I simply say "I know you're busy so I'll try to reach you another time or if you need my number it's 555-555-5555."

Keep calling until you don't want to call anymore. I called a lead on and off for about 9 months. When we finally had her show it was $2700. A gal in our cluster just booked a show from someone who marked yes THREE YEARS AGO.

If you don't call, you wont' get the booking.

I know how you feel. I was just making calls tonight. Many were people I have called a couple of times. I did get one show on the books; however, now the host is selling some kind of sinsual products and may want me to have a show! I won't do that, but told her I would look at a catalog. She says it's for married couples - sure. I never heard of it, but it has the name Tastefully in it. I of course was thinking Tastefully Simple at first:)!

I agree with Deb - I've had people tell me they appreciated my persistence in getting their show eventually booked. I met a girl last July that finally booked this past Jan. A girl I met 2 Januarys ago is doing a show in May of this year. Another girl I met almost 2 years ago - she has told me in emails she really appreciates the way I treat my business and that she likes that I follow up with her from time to time about hosting. She has yet to host but I think she eventually will.

I use a binder. It has tabs for each month and then sheets of paper behind them. If someone says call me in April, I actually put them in March. Just my little system. Then as I call people, I can write down what happened - Left Message, Sent Catalog, Call Back, Started New Job, etc. As I call and leave messages or they tell me to call back, they get moved to a different month. I am getting sick of trying to get a hold of some of them but I won't give up. I finally got a hold of one lady from last summer who told me she wasn't interested in a show at all now but she did place a small order.

I know how you feel!! I have been trying to get ahold of 3 different people since January. The past hostesses wanted me to get them to book their shows in Feb for the specials but they never answer the phone. I try every other week. And in the past week I have spoke to each of the past hostesses and asked them if those people still wanted shows, and they said they had talked to them w/in a day or so and yes they did. So why when I called the one last night did her daughter say "she is so busy and I don't know when she'll call you back cuz she is so busy" I gave my number and you could so tell she "faked" writing it down and the other two I keep leaving messages. I always leave my number for them to call me, but I know they won't. It is Frustrating and I want to quit calling b/c I think if they really want it they'll call me back or something but the past hostesses are DOWN MY THROAT about getting those shows booked. I totally feel your pain, but I keep trying!!!

pampered.chris said:
I know how you feel!! I have been trying to get ahold of 3 different people since January. The past hostesses wanted me to get them to book their shows in Feb for the specials but they never answer the phone. I try every other week. And in the past week I have spoke to each of the past hostesses and asked them if those people still wanted shows, and they said they had talked to them w/in a day or so and yes they did. So why when I called the one last night did her daughter say "she is so busy and I don't know when she'll call you back cuz she is so busy" I gave my number and you could so tell she "faked" writing it down and the other two I keep leaving messages. I always leave my number for them to call me, but I know they won't. It is Frustrating and I want to quit calling b/c I think if they really want it they'll call me back or something but the past hostesses are DOWN MY THROAT about getting those shows booked. I totally feel your pain, but I keep trying!!!

You are a more patient person than I... I kind of think that the hostess should get the bookings in some ways. I understand that we have to set the dates and all but if you have tried repeatedly then I would tell the past hostess that they need to help you out! I mean it benefits them as well.

JMO :)

When I call them, if they cannot date the show then I will ask if they want me to call them back at another time for a different date and I ask when they want me to call them back and that is when I call back.

If I continue to have to leave messages, 3 or 4 is it for me. After that I feel like I am begging and when I started this business I said I would not be one that begs or hassles for bookings.

My philosophy has always been that God will provide me bookings until He is ready for me to quit PC. So, far He has provided and I am still in it.

As far as the host bugging me about the bookings, I tell them all I can do is call them about it and after that it is left up to them to hold the show. I feel like if I have to keep on and on about a booking then they are not into it and it will not be a good show anyway if they do not really want to do it.

Last edited:
This has been a huge problem for me! I have only one show for March and I thought I would be doing very well. I have been calling and/or e-mailing the same group of people since the beginning of January and I have gotten very discouraged. I know I should do something else to find leads, but it is very tough sometimes. There are a few people from a year ago that I thought of approaching as well. I would really like to earn that Conference credit!
Jessica

Yes I especially feel like a phone stalker lately. I think it may be time for me to find some more leads. I have called the same 10 people or so (that marked "yes" or wanted to re-schedule their show) NUMEROUS amounts of times. It is very frustrating. I will call them in a month or two most likely. There are only so many times I want to leave the same message on their machine.

DebbieJ said:
It's not their job to call you. It's your job to call them.

I simply say "I know you're busy so I'll try to reach you another time or if you need my number it's 555-555-5555."

Keep calling until you don't want to call anymore. I called a lead on and off for about 9 months. When we finally had her show it was $2700. A gal in our cluster just booked a show from someone who marked yes THREE YEARS AGO.

If you don't call, you wont' get the booking.

You've just totally motivated me. I am heading out to my son's baseball game in a few minutes. I am taking my "business in a box" with me and am going to start calling EVERYONE who has EVER expressed an interest in booking a show!!!

1. Why do I feel like a phone stalker?

Feeling like a phone stalker can be a result of constantly checking your phone for messages or constantly calling someone without receiving a response. It could also be due to a lack of communication or boundaries in a relationship.

2. How can I stop feeling like a phone stalker?

To stop feeling like a phone stalker, it's important to communicate openly and honestly with the person you are trying to contact. It's also important to respect their boundaries and give them space if they need it.

3. Is being a phone stalker considered a form of harassment?

In extreme cases, constantly calling or messaging someone without their consent can be considered a form of harassment. It's important to be mindful of the person's boundaries and to respect their wishes.

4. Can technology and social media contribute to feeling like a phone stalker?

Yes, constantly checking someone's social media or constantly messaging them through various platforms can contribute to feeling like a phone stalker. It's important to have a healthy balance and not rely solely on technology for communication.

5. How can I communicate effectively without feeling like a phone stalker?

Effective communication involves being clear and direct with your intentions, actively listening to the other person's perspective, and respecting their boundaries. It's important to have open and honest communication to avoid feeling like a phone stalker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessBarszcz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JessBarszcz
Replies
Views
irishpamperedchef
  • PCwithStay-C
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies