• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Personal Reminder Calls Increase Event Attendance?

In summary, the consultant thinks it's best for the host to make the reminder calls, and recommends doing so rather than relying on the consultant. The host can then talk to each guest for a longer time, which is more efficient. Additionally, the reminder call allows the host to see if the call went through.
skaugchef
Gold Member
I've sold for 5 years. Always made personal reminder calls. I like the personal calls. If I was a customer I'd rather get a call from a person than a recording. I'd like to hear from someone who uses phonevite and what their customers & hosts are saying about it.

You should have asked if they said No, do they make the calls themselves. Some consultants don't worry about reminder calls at all. I work full time and have a lot of other stuff going on so I LOVE Phonevite. Makes it quick and simple for the host and myself.

I've used a similar service in the past, but don't think it really makes a difference in attendance. Amanda, if it's working for you, maybe your script is better, or you just have a friendlier phone voice. ;-) I really think it's best for the host to make the reminder calls, because she's (usually) the one the guests know personally. If this doesn't happen, though, then the Consultant making personal calls is next best.

I used it once and had a bad experience, haven't tried again.

Amanda, there's a big difference between phonevite & me making the reminder calls personally. I can talk to someone, find out if they are or aren't coming, and leave messages. People can hang up on phonevite, I've heard that phonevite doesn't leave messages, nobody listens long enough to hear the options to reply to whether they're coming.

skaugchef said:
Amanda, there's a big difference between phonevite & me making the reminder calls personally. I can talk to someone, find out if they are or aren't coming, and leave messages. People can hang up on phonevite, I've heard that phonevite doesn't leave messages, nobody listens long enough to hear the options to reply to whether they're coming.

These are some of the reasons I make my own reminder calls. Also, just like sending the invitations, I do this myself and do not rely on my Host. When I send the invites and make the reminder call I know that it has happened. I like being in control of my business and these are just two of the activities that I've chosen to incorporate in my business.

I wouldn't ever choose phonevite, just because when I get "that kind of phone call" I hang up before hearing what it's about. And, with mid-term elections coming up, we'll be getting over-inundated with them. HATE them!:grumpy:

Good point Wades girl. I don't make reminder calls at all. I get the host to do it.

Yeah, I hang up on them too, Becky.
Wadesgirl_what have your customers said about receiving that kind of phone call?

lesliec said:
Good point Wades girl. I don't make reminder calls at all. I get the host to do it.

There's a reason the consultant making the calls is better.
The host can call and talk to each guest for 20 minutes and not get much done because she KNOWS these people. You can call and talk to 10 guests in a 20 minute span. It's more efficient and it makes no difference as to their response.

ShelbyMichalek said:
There's a reason the consultant making the calls is better.
The host can call and talk to each guest for 20 minutes and not get much done because she KNOWS these people. You can call and talk to 10 guests in a 20 minute span. It's more efficient and it makes no difference as to their response.

Exactly why I make the reminder calls. Plus, if I rely on the host making the reminder calls most of the time they won't get done,

I've done calls both ways, myself and phonevite.

When I've used Phonevite I've asked the guest what they thought and I always have gotten we like it and the booking host seems to give me the # easier. I think b/c they know I'm not calling trying to pressure anyone into something. I also think it is great for those who are short on time. Much faster than making the calls myself.

That said, I agree people don't always listen to them and I've never had someone RSVP back on the phonevite site. I do like that you can see how long they listen and if the call goes through or not.

Doing reminder calls myself ALWAYS results in a better show attendance than if the host does it on their own. Same with sending out the invites, thosse that let me do it ALWAYS have a better show and don't cxl on me.

Related to Do Personal Reminder Calls Increase Event Attendance?

1. How does Phonevite work?

Phonevite is a free service that allows you to send voice messages to a group of people through phone calls or text messages. You can record a message, select a list of contacts, and Phonevite will automatically call or text them with your message.

2. Can I personalize my Phonevite messages?

Yes, you can customize your message by using a person's name, adding details about the event or occasion, and even adding background music. This personal touch can make your message more engaging and memorable.

3. Do I need any special equipment to use Phonevite?

No, all you need is a phone or computer with an internet connection. Phonevite is accessible through its website and does not require any additional equipment or software.

4. Are there any limitations on the number of contacts I can include in a Phonevite message?

No, Phonevite allows you to add an unlimited number of contacts to your message. However, for larger groups, it is recommended to upgrade to a paid plan to ensure that all messages are successfully delivered.

5. Is Phonevite secure and reliable?

Yes, Phonevite takes privacy and security seriously. All messages are encrypted and stored on secure servers. In addition, Phonevite has a 99% delivery success rate, ensuring that your messages reach your intended recipients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nep2nfly
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • kcmckay