• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Have to Do Shows?? Here's the deal.

In summary, the speakers discuss their personal preferences for selling Pampered Chef products. Some enjoy doing shows, while others prefer to focus on individual orders and catalog shows. They also mention the importance of finding what works for them and making the experience enjoyable for themselves. They advise giving shows a chance and branching out to new leads, but ultimately emphasize the flexibility of running one's own business and tailoring it to their liking.
jchesley
Here's the deal. I really don't like doing shows. Ok, so I have only really done 2 shows and the 1st one was a total flop (barely qualified), and the 2nd one was so so (about $300). The rest of what I have sold has just been random orders from friends and people I have met.

The thing is I love PC, and I love the random orders. I just really don't like the pressure of the shows. I have had a friendship go sour becuase I asked her to do a show and she couldn't get any people to come. She stopped returning my calls (not about PC even, just calls to say hi. I had no hard feelings), because I think she felt bad.

So is there anyone else out there that doesn't do shows? I could totally do trade shows/fairs, pampering business, realtor gift promos, maybe fundraisers even. I might even be ok with bridal showers, because I could focus more on the fun of the shower than trying to sell my products.

I know I am not going to make director or anything, I just want to sell enough to keep me active. I tell everyone that I sell PC to support my habit, and it's true! I'm addicted. :)

Jessica

You sure can do that! I think that a few consultants around CS do the same...I hope that they step forward to give you some advice on how they manage!!Good luck :)

The great thing about PC is it is your business and you can run it anyway you want to (within the "rules"). So like you said you do enough sales to stay active through individual orders and catalog shows. You can still earn the free products and discounts.

The more shows that you do, the easier that it gets. I survived as a hobbyist mainly through catalog shows & outside orders until this summer. Just let your director know that those are your intentions, so that she isn't counting on you to make monthly sales. Fairs are a great way to get outside of your circle so that you don't feel like your pressuring your friends to have shows.

I think Tasha said that she mainly does Catalog Shows........

I think it's important to do at least a handful of shows - especially in the beginning. I don't know if it's fair to stop doing shows after just a couple of your very first ones, because you really don't have time in just a couple of shows to get a fair amount of info to make a proper judgement about it.
They recommend 4-6 shows within your first 30 days, because this will get you comfortable with it.

At shows, you have more of a chance to branch out of your friends/family. It definately gets easier when you're not doing shows for your inside circle anymore!! Plus, at shows, you have the ability to let guests get together in a fun environment and touch/feel the kitchen tools. That's a tremendous service that being in Direct Sales offers to our clients!

Instead of dropping shows all together, give it a try for a few more shows. Say, do 5 more shows... but this time, try to schedule them with your "longshot" leads (your boss's wife, your neighbor down the street that you don't know very well, the checkout clerk @ grocery store, etc).

ALSO - be sure you're making your shows easy on YOURSELF.
Don't carry a ton of items with you. Do a recipe that YOU like to make, and for goodness sakes - only make ONE recipe. Like playing hokey games at your shows? Play em! Don't like the hokey games? Don't play em!
Choose to run your shows so that YOU have fun. When YOU have fun, everyone else will, too.

Doing shows will be much less of a chore when YOU are having fun, and when you have that first $1000 show - well, you'll just be bloomin addicted. ;)

Good luck w/your business. :)

Laura, great advice.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think Tasha said that she mainly does Catalog Shows........

Yep I do mostly long distance catalog shows where my hosts cook something pc and bring it to work/friends with catalogs to talk about the products. I've managed to stay active for a year doing this. It can be done.

I too do catty shows and have been active for almost three years now!!

PC is my hobby. I don't do many cooking shows, only when someone asks or answers yes when I ask them at someone elses show. I can normally collect enough individual orders and catalog shows to keep myself active. I don't really care to do cooking shows but I will if someone wants to. I have found that most of my customers would prefer to do a catalog show. It works better for them and for me. I have let my director know that PC is my hobby and she is supportive of that. I enjoy the amount of income that I receive from the shows that I submit. ( I just turn around and spend it on more products). I also know that the PC business is there when I am ready to put more into it.

My only recriut has survived for a year doing only catalog shows. Two of her "hosts" are loyal to her and will do 1 catty show a year. If you can find a few people like that, it will keep you going.

The problem with doing only catalog shows, is that it's actually a lot more work for the host and they get less Free credit. The other thing is that it's harder to "branch out" and meet new people to get bookings.

Like Ann said, I would try a few more before you make up your mind. It does get a lot easier once you get behond your circle of frineds & family.

Pampered Laura said:
I think it's important to do at least a handful of shows - especially in the beginning. I don't know if it's fair to stop doing shows after just a couple of your very first ones, because you really don't have time in just a couple of shows to get a fair amount of info to make a proper judgement about it.
They recommend 4-6 shows within your first 30 days, because this will get you comfortable with it.

At shows, you have more of a chance to branch out of your friends/family. It definately gets easier when you're not doing shows for your inside circle anymore!! Plus, at shows, you have the ability to let guests get together in a fun environment and touch/feel the kitchen tools. That's a tremendous service that being in Direct Sales offers to our clients!

Instead of dropping shows all together, give it a try for a few more shows. Say, do 5 more shows... but this time, try to schedule them with your "longshot" leads (your boss's wife, your neighbor down the street that you don't know very well, the checkout clerk @ grocery store, etc).

ALSO - be sure you're making your shows easy on YOURSELF.
Don't carry a ton of items with you. Do a recipe that YOU like to make, and for goodness sakes - only make ONE recipe. Like playing hokey games at your shows? Play em! Don't like the hokey games? Don't play em!
Choose to run your shows so that YOU have fun. When YOU have fun, everyone else will, too.

Doing shows will be much less of a chore when YOU are having fun, and when you have that first $1000 show - well, you'll just be bloomin addicted. ;)

Good luck w/your business. :)
Welll said Laura! And I need to take your advice on making it look easier and not carrying tons with me!

What exactly did you take with you?

I have my rolling tote which weighs 50lbs+, the new consutlant tote and my tta and bag!

When I was doing shows last year (my first show in almost a year will on the 12th), I actually did much better with just the starter package and a couple of other items thrown in. When I brought too much stuff, my sales seemed to be much lower. I think the guests were a bit overwhelmed with the choices right in front of them.I also tend to hate playing games when I do go to a show, but I love the idea of the Got It, Have It, Love It, so I think I will be playing that at this show coming up. As these types of comments always sell something!

Jessica,

I am brand new and have only done 3 shows.

My first show was for a friend and she was EXHAUSTING as a host. Every other night for the 2 weeks leading to the show was SOMETHING. We only had 4 guests - but I really got her to get outside orders.

My third show SUCKED. I am not talking about the sales (which were dismal too). I am talking about how uninvolved the host was. It was just a bummer of an evening.

Those 2 were supposed to be my first 2 shows. I got NO BOOKINGS off either one and the 2 shows between them will probably be $800.

I mention those since if those had been my only 2 shows - I would have re-thought everything. I would have reconsidered doing this.

So my 2nd show was WONDERFUL. I had a host who I DIDN'T have to coach - who made calls to get guests AND their friends there. We had 8-9 people there but 17 orders total. And it was over $800 commisionable. One of the guests LOVED Pampered Chef and added to anything I said about a product. It was wonderful. (She actually might be a recruit - and I am not recruiting!)
I have 3 good bookings off this show.

So, maybe give it just a few more shows. It sounds like your first 2 shows were like my 1st and 3rd. When you do have a good show with an excited host and excited guests - it can make all the difference in the world. Instead of just being tired after the show - I was excited too!

I agree with others to do some more cookking shows before you give them up completely. I have a recruit that has been going since about March on nothng but catalog shows. I also have a few host that only want to do catalog shows. It can be done if that is what you want to do. My catalog shows do tend to have lower sales then coking shows. I will offer to my catalog host if they want to take a PC recipe to work or anywhere, that I enter it as a cooking show since there is cooking. My Director does the same thing. Sometimes, I offer the recipe with a $300 show to up give them an incentive for more sales.

I constantly consider going just catalg at different times myself too. And will for a few months near my babiy's due date and beyond.

1. Do I have to host in-home shows to be successful with Pampered Chef?

No, in-home shows are just one way to share Pampered Chef's products with others. You can also host virtual shows, participate in catalog parties, or simply share your personal Pampered Chef website with friends and family.

2. Will I earn less if I don't do in-home shows?

No, your earnings are not impacted by the type of show you choose to do. The more you sell, the more you earn, regardless of the format.

3. Can I still earn host rewards if I don't do shows?

Yes, you can earn host rewards by hosting virtual shows or catalog parties, or even by simply sharing your personal Pampered Chef website with others. Host rewards are based on the total sales from your show, regardless of the format.

4. Are there any benefits to doing in-home shows?

Yes, in-home shows allow you to directly demonstrate Pampered Chef products to potential customers and build personal relationships with them. This can lead to higher sales and repeat business.

5. Do I have to be a salesperson to do in-home shows?

No, you don't have to be a salesperson to successfully host in-home shows. The products speak for themselves and your enthusiasm for them will naturally come through during the show. Plus, Pampered Chef offers training and resources to help you be successful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ckarasevic
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies