• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Any of You Submit Fundraisers as Cooking Shows?

In summary, a $1500 fundraiser was $1777.65 with a 15% return and 3 bookings. My commission (18%) was 319.98. If submitted as a cooking show, my commission would have been 479.97 (27%). Deducting the donation amount that I would have had to personally contribute (tax write off), it would have left me with 198.32 in my pocket, which is over a hundred dollars less than the commission when submitting it as a fundraiser. However, there would have been $415 in Free Product Value that I could have then used for myself or donated to the organiztion or whatever.
DebbieJ
I had a fundraiser in April that was $1777.65. So, with a 15% return and 3 bookings, the organization got $281.65 and my commisssion (18%) was 319.98. (I am a Future Director, so I have 1% override).

If I had submitted it as a Cooking Show, my commission would have been 479.97 (27%). Deducting the donation amount that I would have to personally contribute (tax write off, I know), it would have left me with 198.32 in my pocket, which is over a hundred dollars less than the commission when submitting it as a fundraiser.

HOWEVER, there would have been $415 in Free Product Value that I could have then used for myself or donated to the organiztion or whatever.

I have to say that doesn't sit well with me. It feels deceitful TO ME. (I am not saying that those of you who do it this way are deceitful). It just doesn't feel right to me.

What do you do?

Last edited:
A fund-raiser is a fund-raiser to me, especially if it's large enough to get the 15%. :)

The only time I've considered submitting a FR as a cooking show is when it's small or when the organization would like to use the FPV to outfit their kitchen (like a church or daycare). Like you, it just seems dishonest so I usually just keep it simple. :)

I have submitted them as cooking shows, but I like them have the free products and I write them a check for 10-15 %. That way they can use the products for other fund raisers, or the host can get something for putting it together.

I do what Shana does - let them choose the free product for silent auctions or to use within the ordanization. If the coordinator has really run her butt off getting orders, I'll suggest she get something with the free product for herself.

Every situation needs to be evaluated individually!I just turned in a $1500 fundraiser for a friend w/ breast cancer - It was booked from another fundraiser I did for her that was $5000. The first I turned in as a fundraiser,the second one as a regular Cooking Show. She received over $1500 from the first FR (thru PC, direct donations & my commission),and for the 2nd one, the host (another friend)and I thought it would be better to do a regular show. I donated the 15% of sales from my commission instead of PC doing it, and she received all of the host benefits. She has been battling metastisized breast cancer for over 3 years, and NEVER buys anything for herself(feels guilty when she has so many Dr. & Hospital bills and people are doing fundraisers for her), and I knew she had a big wish list from PC - so this was a way to help her out, and give her a fun chance to go shopping for free! She was so excited! She finally has some decent knives, and got the 5 piece executive cookware, plus everything else on her list - for $40!!!
Do I feel like this was wrong or dishonest? Not one bit! She still received the 15% (I made 12% instead of 17%), and I gave her some fun!

Becky, that sounds like it was great all around. What a way to help your friend!

If you donate your commission or at least the 10-15% that PC would give them I don't see a problem. When people are fundraising, all their customers care about is that they are going to be helping a worthy cause. Having the products to use for silent auctions for an additional fundraiser is a wonderful idea. I have only had one fundraiser in 5 years and it was the old product fundraiser. It was a flop because the kids wouldn't work...college kids. I personally do not like our fundraiser and have been asking HO to consider something else. It is a lot of work to put on a fundraiser. To sell nearly 1800.00 worth of products and receive less than 300.00 for your organization is not worth it to me. There has to be something better.

I say if they get the money that they were supposed to, submittted it as a cooking show is fine. I really don't even think you should have to go above and beyond and donate more money or products, but that is just me. As long as they get the money they earned, who cares where it comes from. I totally agree that something should be done about the fundraiser program. Consultants shouldn't have to donate their commission just to have a competitve percentage of profit. It only encourages us to bend the rules.

some adviceI am actually doing a FR right now for a family friend that just passed away on Thursday. He has a wife and two young children that need help. I entered it as a cooking show on my website since i wanted to give them all my commission that i made from it.

They tried to set up a bank account where they live, but the bank said that they would be taxed on the amount donated to them UNLESS it was set up as a trust fund. So thats what they did. So i set it up as a cooking show, since i didnt know if PC would send them the check or would i give them the money? I havent done a fundraiser with PC yet (i also sell TW and they are different on the FR process)

Can someone let me know which one to set it up as to get them more money. I havent made my $15,000 mark yet.... i am at $11,000 in sales so far since February. So depending on how much i sell this month... it would be around 23% - 24% commision on the FR.

Please email me privatly at [email protected] or PM me the info as i always have trouble logging in to this site.

Thank you in advance

New Fundraiser MAYBE?Did anyone notice on the email that was sent out about new paperwork that the fundraiser info was on there?

Do you think they are changing the program or just making a new flyer?

I hope they are changing the FR program. PC's 10-15% isn't much when you compare it to other programs where they can get 40 or 50%. I miss the cookbook and product fund raisers. They were a lot easier.

I am so excited to even read that they might change it!! I didn't even know HO had fundraiser flyers...

If I ever did a fundraiser I would probabobly submit it as a fundraiser since I can be kind of blond and I am sure I would forget to donate the money out of my commision, so it would just be easier for me to submit it as a fundraiser and let PC send them the money

You are best off by following company policy. Anything else would be dishonest and you could be audited and lose your position with the company.

I still stand by my opinion that if the organization gets what they were promised, and PC gives away no more than a regular cooking show would them it is ok. If they really want to audit me go ahead. PC didn't lose anything, and the organization got more than expected. I doubt PC is going to call the organization and say "Oh, your consultant gave you things that only cooking shows get and even though we lose no money and you got donations and free product, the catagory of show was wrong." If PC really wants to kick me out because of that, GO AHEAD!!!

Hey, as long as you do a demo in front of guests, it is a cooking show. What you do with your commission and what the host does with the FPV is only your concern, or the host's.

I couldn't agree more!

A few years ago, I did a combo fundraiser for Hospice with PartyLite. PartyLite does not offer fundraisers, so the consultant donated her commission and kept the host benefits, so I did the same (100% commission).

DON"T DO THIS! Home office said that it was just the same as stealing and they will terminate our jobs for doing fundraisers this way. You may want to delete your post if you wrote about doing this.

I suspect they are changing the program, as we have seen some very successful school fundraisers by submitting the school as the sole guest (tax exempt, one shipping charge that consultant then pays for). By the way, they have also instructed us to stop doing these fundraisers as well.

Paige - I'm not sure how that is stealing. Like I said in a previous post, I did a cooking show at a school. I provided ingredients and people saw a demo. They sold products, the host used her FPV and decided to donate that to the school. I decided to donate my commission minus expenses, too. How is that stealing?

Hopefully they are changing the program and we won't have to worry about this in a few months...

ok im a neebie & a guest from a bridal shower last night asked me about fundraising can someone explain to me PLEASE like the breakdown do we have to donate from our own $$ or does PC donate a % how does this work,do you pass flyers or catalogs & thats all..HELP!!!!! And does anyone have an overview that i can email her with info on how it all works... please email me with reponse! THANKS!
[email protected]

Read your Recipe for Success

cmdtrgd said:
Hey, as long as you do a demo in front of guests, it is a cooking show. What you do with your commission and what the host does with the FPV is only your concern, or the host's.
That is what i say !!!

I also submit fundraisers as Kitchen shows , the cause you are doing the fundraiser for gets more out of it.

Did you see the way that MandieDollie is doing it where fundraiser participants sell raffle tickets for $10 bucks to win 4 different $125 (if 100 tickets are sold) PC gift certificates. $500 goes to the org, and $500 pays for the gift certs. It is a great solution I think!! The thread about it is on here somewhere.

I did read that , that is a awesome idea !! I bet you could sell way more that way too !! I cant wait to try it !!

1. How do I submit a fundraiser as a cooking show?

To submit a fundraiser as a cooking show, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or contact our customer service team. They will be able to assist you with the process and provide you with all the necessary information and materials.

2. Is there a minimum number of guests required for a fundraising cooking show?

No, there is no minimum number of guests required for a fundraising cooking show. We welcome all fundraising opportunities, big or small, and will work with you to make it a successful event.

3. Can I choose the recipes for the cooking show?

Yes, you can choose the recipes for the cooking show. Our Pampered Chef consultants are trained and knowledgeable about our products and can provide suggestions and recommendations for recipes that will work best for your fundraising event.

4. How much of the sales from the cooking show will go towards the fundraiser?

The percentage of sales that goes towards the fundraiser will depend on the specific fundraising program that you choose. Our Pampered Chef consultants can provide you with more information and help you select the best option for your fundraiser.

5. Can we earn host rewards for a fundraising cooking show?

Yes, you can earn host rewards for a fundraising cooking show. Our host rewards program allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your cooking show, including fundraising sales. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide more details about the host rewards program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • beckysuem