• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering XanGo Juice: A Tale of Surprising Finds!

In summary, Carrie Lenahan from Ohio called Linda and said that she was on the website and was looking for people to collaborate with her on selling XanGo juice. Linda wasn't interested and gave her number to Carrie. Carrie called back and asked if Linda knew who Paige was. Linda told her that she didn't know who Paige was and that she didn't want to talk to her.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Has anyone heard of XanGo juice?

Well, I hadn't until @ 30 mins ago! Someone named Carrie Lenahan from Ohio called me and said Hi, My name is Carrie and I'm in Ohio and I'm on your website right now. I was thinking that she must be ordering from a show so I said okay great, whose friend are you? She never did say how she got to my website, I guess she's just entering names until she scores.....anyhow, she goes on to say that she's a huge PC fan and was at a party last month where....get this part....the host served this XanGo juice when they served the recipe and she was so impressed with it that she became a consultant and was hoping that I'd like to collaborate with her and serve this at all my PC parties and that we could work together. Um, I don't think so!

Anyhow, thought I'd throw this out to you all incase she happens across your PWS and calls you too.

Incase you are interested, I googled it and the official website is: http://supermangosteen.com/index.html

EERRGGHH!&%*$()_@(#

Linda-I was just coming on to put out the warning. That really creeps me out that she is on here and going to our websites and getting our phone numbers.
What did you say to her?

The thing about Xango, is that it is $15 a bottle. You have to spend $100 for their recommended program, or so I am to understand.

Wow - That is pretty bold We sell Mangosteen at my store. Wonder what exactly makes it Super Mangosteen

Carrie in Ohio - You do not need to call me

krzymomof4 said:
The thing about Xango, is that it is $15 a bottle. You have to spend $100 for their recommended program, or so I am to understand.
That is what she said. $100 for 4 bottles!!!!!!:eek:

I have a friend who signed up to sell this stuff a few years ago when it first came out. I don't think she has made a dime but I do know she dumped a ton of $ into it.

Thankfully she hasn't called me! That stuff is supposed to cure cancer :rolleyes: Are you kidding? We have them out here too...

Good to know - so we have been warned if she calls.....THAT is the kind of marketing that I HATE!!!

So....Carrie dear, if you are on here trolling for people to call - you can count me out!:D

chefkristin said:
EERRGGHH!&%*$()_@(#

Linda-I was just coming on to put out the warning. That really creeps me out that she is on here and going to our websites and getting our phone numbers.
What did you say to her?
I was polite and said that I was not interested. It didn't dawn on me that she was cruising CS to get names and look us up......creepy! I've got her number on CID, maybe I should call her back.

pamperedlinda said:
I was polite and said that I was not interested. It didn't dawn on me that she was cruising CS to get names and look us up......creepy! I've got her number on CID, maybe I should call her back.
Well it dawned on me when she started the conversation by saying she was on my website and then started talking about this juice or whatever it is.
Pretty slick-or at least she thinks so. Then she started asking me about who this Paige person was. EEWW-she creeped me out.

Thanks for the heads up ladies! That's pretty bold to go searching this site for our personal info. Guess it's just more proof that anything on the internet is public knowledge....ethical or not!!

Hi Carrie!
Don't waste your dime calling me...I am not interested! But if you'd like a great job, I'd be happy to get you started selling PC!

chefkristin said:
Well it dawned on me when she started the conversation by saying she was on my website and then started talking about this juice or whatever it is.
Pretty slick-or at least she thinks so. Then she started asking me about who this Paige person was. EEWW-she creeped me out.
She didn't ask me about Paige. Ya know, not matter how desperate I might be for sales, I would NEVER do anything like that. If I don't have some sort of relationship with you or you didn't voluntarily give me your number (or maybe someone you now did:p ) there is no way that I'd call you.

pamperedlinda said:
She didn't ask me about Paige. Ya know, not matter how desperate I might be for sales, I would NEVER do anything like that. If I don't have some sort of relationship with you or you didn't voluntarily give me your number (or maybe someone you now did:p ) there is no way that I'd call you.

Actually, if you are on the National "Do Not Call" list (as I am) it is illegal for you to be called for marketing purposes unless there is a prior relationship.

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually, if you are on the National "Do Not Call" list (as I am) it is illegal for you to be called for marketing purposes unless there is a prior relationship.
Oh, I am on the DNC list....wish I had thought of that one!

Carrie if you are still cruising around on here you better be careful who you call girlfriend.......

Thanks for the heads up.

I am on the National Do Not Call list. What could I do about it?

She got me tonight. I was all excited thinking that she was a customer and I was getting an online order. GRrrrrrrr.

Should we send Greg & Deb her name and number? Is there anything that they can do about her?

This is her: http://gettherushnow.com/default.aspx

As a sideline... I have used Xango ... not the one mentioned here... and it has done wonders for me with leveling out hormone levels and HUGE help with joint issues... but.. if you want to know more... PM me ... I shall not say more here. :)

I did NOT say any of that to talk you into anything... I just found a much cheaper avenue :)

I do know about Xango. My dh's former classmate got him into it. It is great stuff but very pricey. We are distributors (she signed us up when he ordered a case) but not actively selling it...primarily for personal consumption.

btw...I am not defending what this gal Carrie did...that was a very bold move but that is what is considered a "cold call". It is basically one step above (in the boldness category) of sending out blind fliers, post cards, or whatever business lit to people whom you don't know through phone directories, assessors, etc.

yummy4tummy said:
btw...I am not defending what this gal Carrie did...that was a very bold move but that is what is considered a "cold call". It is basically one step above (in the boldness category) of sending out blind fliers, post cards, or whatever business lit to people whom you don't know through phone directories, assessors, etc.

.....and also illegal if your name is on the DNC List...........she could get some hefty fines for her cold calls!

ChefBeckyD said:
.....and also illegal if your name is on the DNC List...........she could get some hefty fines for her cold calls!
I thought about reporting her on the DNC website.....since she's harvesting phone numbers out here maybe she'll read this and get a little education in phone etiquette.....

I have heard of Xango It is made here in Utah along with all the other health drinks out there. My husband takes MonVie which is very simaliar.

If she calls any more of us maybe we should ask her what products she bought at the PC show she supposedly went to and how does she like them. Just to see what she says.

Also isn't it against PC rules to promote another product at your kitchen shows?

cookinmama said:
Also isn't it against PC rules to promote another product at your kitchen shows?
Yes, it is. Besides being a bad idea anyway, because if customers spend their money on the beverage, they have less to spend on PC, and then the host loses out.

chefann said:
Yes, it is. Besides being a bad idea anyway, because if customers spend their money on the beverage, they have less to spend on PC, and then the host loses out.

Yup, that's right on the money Ann!! On a side note, I don't agree with what this lady is doing but she might not know it is wrong:rolleyes: I hope those of you who she has contacted have let her know so. Sometimes people do things without really thinking them through.;)

What the heck is it? Is it a fruit juice? Is it good? They have a booth every Thursday at my Farmer's Market that sells that stuff.

OH MY GOSH! I totally got that call last night too! I was so freakin excited, the whole time she was talking about the PC show I was like WHO IS THIS LADY!! Then she started talking about Xango and I was like oh crap, what the heck!!! I want to send her an email back about joining PC ... LOL

Who knows if she even attended a PC show the other night......that might be a line she feeds to everyone......maybe when she calls Partylite consultants, she has just been to a candle show?:rolleyes:

Maybe we should all start calling her asking her to host a show

PChefAbey said:
Maybe we should all start calling her asking her to host a show
That is a great idea. I was talking up PC to her the whole time.

I just got her call...I told her no thank you and hung up. Didn't even let her finish spelling it out, Here is her number...maybe we all should call her and bug her about selling PC....if she loves it soooooooo much!! 419-543-3456 ROTFLMAO!!!@

Fyi
SilverCeladon said:
What the heck is it? Is it a fruit juice? Is it good? They have a booth every Thursday at my Farmer's Market that sells that stuff.

Mangosteen is a tropical fruit that is grown primarily in hot, humid climates of southeast Asia such as Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia.

Mangosteen is a dark purple fruit about 2 to 3 inches in diameter – the size of a small peach or apple. Mangosteens are unrelated to mangos.

Instead of peeling it like an orange, a mangosteen is typically opened by pressing firmly or twisting the outside until it breaks apart.

The hard rind can be nearly one inch thick. At the center is the soft opaque white fruit, which resembles a head of garlic but tastes slightly sweet and tart.

People eat mangosteen as they would any other tropical fruit.

In southeast Asia, the rind—or pericarp—has been used for medicinal purposes for generations. According to folklore, the rind was used to make a tea for conditions such as diarrhea, bladder infections, and gonorrhea. An ointment made from the rind was applied to skin rashes.

Today, the rind has been found to contain the compounds alpha-mangostin, beta-mangostin, garcinone B, and garcinone E, which are collectively called xanthones.

Laboratory studies suggest xanthones have anti-cancer effects when they are studied in test tubes. Mangosteen has also been found to have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties in test tube studies.

Oh Yes, and BTW it does taste really good.

thank y'all for the heads up - she hasn't gotten me yet but if she does I will probably just give her a polite "no thank you"....but this is PMS time so you just never know.......

You are too crazy Cindy! Have fun if she calls!

Related to Discovering XanGo Juice: A Tale of Surprising Finds!

What is XanGo juice?

XanGo juice is a health supplement made from the mangosteen fruit, which is known for its antioxidant properties and potential health benefits.

Is XanGo juice sold through Pampered Chef?

No, XanGo juice is not sold through Pampered Chef. It is sold through its own independent consultants and can also be purchased online through its official website.

What are the potential health benefits of XanGo juice?

XanGo juice is believed to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and immune-boosting properties. It may also support healthy digestion and improve overall well-being.

Is XanGo juice safe for everyone to consume?

XanGo juice is generally considered safe for most people to consume. However, as with any dietary supplement, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before adding it to your routine, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking any medications.

How can I purchase XanGo juice?

XanGo juice can be purchased through its official website or through independent consultants. It is also sometimes available at health food stores or through other online retailers. If you are interested in purchasing XanGo juice, it is recommended to do so through a reputable source to ensure the quality and authenticity of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy