• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Vidalia Chop Wizard at CVS - A Must-Have Kitchen Tool!"

In summary, Carolyn went to CVS and bought the Vidalia Chop Wizard (As Seen On TV). She has been wanting one of these for so long and does not know how it works. She gets pissy every time a commercial for the Vidalia Chop Wizard comes on. She has no idea what this item is and does not like it. She will return it.
chefkristin
Gold Member
That I just went to CVS and I bought the Vidalia Chop Wizard (As Seen On TV). I have been wanting one of these for so long. Does anyone else have one of these? How does it worK??

I get pissy any time that commercial comes on - LOL

I have no idea what this item is....???

dannyzmom said:
I get pissy any time that commercial comes on - LOL
Awe common Carolyn. You want it too, you know you do! :D ;)

check it out...

https://www.chopwizard.com/?source=gg&camp=chop&grp=name&term=vidalia%20chop%20wizard&&s_kwcid=vidalia%20chop%20wizard|727472059&gclid=CJeg8Jvv74kCFRCzgAodWnXUGg

chefkristin said:
check it out...

https://www.chopwizard.com/?source=gg&camp=chop&grp=name&term=vidalia%20chop%20wizard&&s_kwcid=vidalia%20chop%20wizard|727472059&gclid=CJeg8Jvv74kCFRCzgAodWnXUGg

ACK - you're advertising for THEM! ICK ICK ICK
I HATE that thing!!!
(and DH wants one...traitor)

Why not just use the PC chopper???

Why would anyone want that when we have such awesome chopping tools??:confused:

Have you noticed how much effort she puts forth every time she puts the cover down? No thanks. I'll keep my money.

ok:( I will return it.....NO I WON'T--I can't wait to use it!!!!:rolleyes: :D

chefkristin said:

RETURN IT RETURN IT RETURN IT!!!

chefkristin said:
Try it and if it's bad, return it and tell them it doesn't work!

Report back!!

I know, seriously I thought about that after I came home. I could of just used the chopper, I think the problem is I am just a shop-a-holic! I think I have a problem. :p

chefkristin said:
I know, seriously I thought about that after I came home. I could of just used the chopper, I think the problem is I am just a shop-a-holic! I think I have a problem. :p

Well hey - if you're a shopoholic, I have this great line of kitchen tools you might just love...here, take a look at my catalog!

I'm impressed with your supportive, enabling behavior, Carolyn. :D

Here's what a St. Louis news station had to sayhttp://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=1501624&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

I have one too! It is REALLY hard to push down, but is great for onions or tomatoes and makes perfectly square chunks of food. The blades don't clean up as well as I think they should, but it is very convenient and easy to use if you don't mind beating on it.

This tool offers something different than the chopper... I love my FC and it is a much more versitile tool, but can't make perfectly even cubes of cheese with one push...

At my shows I admit that I own other kitchen products than PC, but I have mostly PC because it is honesly my favorite. If I find something better than my PC tools, I will replace them, but I don't find much. My honesty shows people that I CHOOSE Pampered Chef, not that I feel like I HAVE to have PC stuff!

I have to admit I hae wondered about the vidalia chopper to but I figured I would never get one.

WOW - Ive wondered too and figured it was just another one of those awful TV products.

I have been so tempted by this product. I felt like a traitor because I wanted one. I watched the news report and I must say I am more than intrigued!!

Well after I use it I will report back to you! Thanks for the news clip!
Nothing will change that my goal is to get my kitchen FULL of PC products. They will always be #1.

I just wanna know how it WORKS! As in how it actually does what it does?

chefkristin said:

HAHA! I've been wanting to try it myself..let me know! haha!

When I saw this product I thought we should come out w/ something like that. I have totally wanted to try it. Like Gillian I want the perfect cube w/o doing the work!

It says that the ease of shutting the top varies by the "ripeness" of your food, but they were all hard except for the tomato and cheese. Onions were hard, but the potatoes were the worst! The commercial shows "make your own fries" with these long stips of potatoes. No matter how you put the potato in it stops after a little more than 1 inch, because that is how deep the collection bin is... I got my for Christmas and love it, but still stick with my PC tools for most things.

This is a job, not a cult...:D

gilliandanielle said:
I have one too! It is REALLY hard to push down, but is great for onions or tomatoes and makes perfectly square chunks of food. The blades don't clean up as well as I think they should, but it is very convenient and easy to use if you don't mind beating on it.

This tool offers something different than the chopper... I love my FC and it is a much more versitile tool, but can't make perfectly even cubes of cheese with one push...

At my shows I admit that I own other kitchen products than PC, but I have mostly PC because it is honesly my favorite. If I find something better than my PC tools, I will replace them, but I don't find much. My honesty shows people that I CHOOSE Pampered Chef, not that I feel like I HAVE to have PC stuff!

I totally hear ya on that one. When working with people, showing them you are honest and won't pull their leg just to get a sale makes them appreicate all the stuff you say there after. I tell them "You know, I didn't like that product, I hope they restyle it with this, BUT just because it doesn't work for me doesn't me you won't love it!"

gilliandanielle said:
This is a job, not a cult...:D
Oh-oh, if it's not a cult, then maybe... ...some of us should start looking for a 12-step, CA program:"Hi, I'm TKG and I'm a Chefferholic.""Hi, TKG!""TPC has taken over of my life. I thought I could control it, and I didn't think I had a problem until one day, someone pointed out that I have two of everything in TPC catalog. I even have a Food Chopper stashed away in a secret hiding place. Soon I started hiding garlic presses and kitchen shears so no one else could take them, in case I needed a fix of tool use...":eek:(If I better stop this before Darby starts making Chefferholic shirts with my picture on 'em!)

Last edited:
I have a somewhat similar gadget, for potatoes.I use it for a lot of things.The problem with mine, because it's designed for potatoes, is that it just shoots the food out the side of it - so chopping baby carrots is a lesson in frustration - if I push too hard, carrot bits go FLYING.Thank GOD I don't have to demo it - PC would have to increase our liability insurance! :DI like this vidalia thing though - it looks promising.If I were going to use it for onions, I wouldn't bother. My food chopper is perfect. But for soup vegetables, I like them in bigger chunks - this would be great.I'll just keep using my potato gadget for now though - and entertaining the dog with bits of flying carrot. I'll save my money for more PC stuff! :)

This is a job, not a cult
My DH keeps telling me, if they ever offer you Koolaid just run. So when I read this I just started laughing. This is the year I really need to prove him wrong.

The thing I don't like about the Chop Wizard (and let me say that this is based on the commercials - I don't have one) is that it doesn't actually CHOP. It juliennes. It only cuts on 2 axes, and chopping or dicing is performed on 3.

pamperedalf said:
My DH keeps telling me, if they ever offer you Koolaid just run. So when I read this I just started laughing. This is the year I really need to prove him wrong.

It took me reading your post 2 or 3 times before I got it!! Jonestown...:eek: Admit it...some of you would drink the PC koolaid. Wouldn't you :p

I have been curious about it too. I'd be interested to know what happens when/if it breaks on people.....how easy is it to get in touch with someone to get it replaced? I haven't seen the commercial in awhile, but I want to say it's a 90 day money back guarantee or something like that.

If you only want cubes, it looks like a good gadget to have. Something that it doesn't do, but the food chopper does, is chop things really small. i'm not a big fan of the consistency of onions, so I love to chop them really small. That's something you'd need the chopper for.

I see nothing wrong with having non-PC products. :D But if PC has something like it and we can earn it for free, what could be better!?:D

It comes with two blades, a dicer and the bigger "cuber" one. All the pieces were uniform and even. With my food chopper I always end up with bigger chunks at one part, and mush at the other. Don't worry, I love my chopper, but sometimes something new is just different!!

I agree-new is different. Now if PC made an item like this we would be in business! This tool would be perfect for chopped salad!! I have had that at the OUTBACK restaurant and its a favorite of mine!!!! Small enough cubes, yet big enough to stab with a fork.

Chef Kearns said:
It took me reading your post 2 or 3 times before I got it!! Jonestown...:eek: Admit it...some of you would drink the PC koolaid. Wouldn't you :p
Only if it is served from a Quick-Stir® Pitcher.

How did this great thread trail off? :confused:

It usually has something to do with you, KG!

I just never know what to say after one of KG's comments.

I just tell him it's his fault and he usually comes up with something spunky to keep me laughing!

San Andreas ain't my fault.

Oh, you can do better than that!

I'm in Wisconsin, so I can do butter than California.

So CHEESY! Heh....I got nothin'.

If you're careful, you can milk a dairy thread for a long time. It's an udder delight.

Did you notice the cutter top is Avacado color. I know when I first saw it on TV it was all white. Must be the new color for spring everywhere, not just for PC products.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Only if it is served from a Quick-Stir® Pitcher.

Ha!! I was just coming to post exactly the same thing!

cookinmama said:
Did you notice the cutter top is Avacado color. I know when I first saw it on TV it was all white. Must be the new color for spring everywhere, not just for PC products.
Another reason I am not buying one. I HATE avacado (no matter what they are calling the color this season). I had ENOUGH of it in the 70's. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

BethCooks4U said:
Another reason I am not buying one. I HATE avacado (no matter what they are calling the color this season). I had ENOUGH of it in the 70's. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

I hear you, Beth! I remember my parents' fridge and stove from the 70s - one was "avocado" and one was "harvest gold". PUKE!!!

My last house had harvest gold appliances. And my current one has coppertone (that's the dark brown). BLECH!
I'm redoing the kitchen from the studs up next year, and am going with stainless everything.

Coppertone isn't so bad.
Coppertone.jpg
Harvest Gold and Avacado, though...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy