• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Late Night Informercial Madness: Have You Bought Any?

In summary, I spent an entire night with only 1/2 hour of sleep (5:30-6:00 a.m. if anyone is interested). I saw some of the dumbest informercials in the middle of the night. Guilty - years ago we bought some aluminum thing that thawed your frozen meats really fast. We actually used it for years and years until we realized it was the same as laying your meat on a frying pan & letting it sit for a while - LOLThe Magic Bullet blender thing always catches my eye, but I haven't given in!!I have heard that the Magic Bullet has been on clearance at Target and Walmart.hmmm... so tempting!I haven't givin in but I
Kinda tough to use it to make the beer can chicken in the fluted stoneware pan though, isn't it?

:p

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Kinda tough to use it to make the beer can chicken in the fluted stoneware pan though, isn't it?

:p

Well since I don't have the fluted pan I'm unable to make this anyways. Hoping to host a show in February and get this pan and then see what my husbnad thinks of it cooked in that rather than the rotissiere - for weekly usage he preference wins since I turn the leftovers into his lunches.

"WHAT?!? Leftover chicken for lunch AGAIN???"

(turns, ducks, holds hands over head)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"WHAT?!? Leftover chicken for lunch AGAIN???"

(turns, ducks, holds hands over head)

LOL. My husband loves chicken and claims he could eat it twice a day for weeks. I've never actually tested him on this. It gets frozen and used over several weeks.

I have the Magic Bullet I bought @ Target over a year ago. I love it for smoothies! I would never drag out a huge blender just to make a smoothie in the morning, and, it's great for a quick mudslide or chocolate martini.
I also have the Winsor pilates & those ARE great although I have been a slacker recently & haven't done them in a while. I am 57 & believe me, I feel the difference in doing them, or not doing them. I AM more of an old lady when I don't. I move & feel so much better when I do them, and my clothes
fit nicer. I have the dollar store version of the Moving Men & me & my DH moved our full entertainment center using those and I moved my computer desk/hutch last week alone with just them.
I have never bought anything on the home shopping channels or done anything on ebay, but my SIL sold his baby grand piano on ebay!

I just saw yesterday the lady with the folding strainer. It did look pretty cool.. opens up and you can drain your pasta, veggies, etc, then just folds flat to store. Can't tell how sturdy it is. And no, I didn't order it, even though IF I ORDERED RIGHT THEN ......... I got 2 for the price of 1!!

BUT WAIT.... there was more! Some sort of folding storages bowls.

I love the Winsor Pilates too! They are the best! You get great results in little time. I want a Total Gym, but don't know if they are worth it. Anyone have one??

They sell the folding strainer on QVC.

I have a treadmill & a rower thats good to pile clothes on....keeps things handy. :rolleyes: In the fall, cobwebs are a nice touch.:eek:

I would like to know if anyone has that big red twister/exerciser thing that swivels. Does it have a motor? :D

Actually I need to get back to the pilates. I was doing real good in the morning before work. Just 20 minutes....now I just keep hitting the snooze alarm.:eek: I don't like to get up when it's dark out.

jenniferknapp said:
The Magic Bullet blender thing always catches my eye, but I haven't given in!!

Me too! I don't usually watch infomercials but stopped at that one once. I was ready to buy right then! I even wrote down the phone number to call when I got money. Didn't buy it and now see it at Bed Bath and Beyond type stores ALOT cheaper!

I have a funny excerise informercial story.....:) I was watching an infomercial for some ab roller thing and one of the testimonies was a guy I knew! He said he had injured his neck in a gymnastic accident in college and this product really took the strain off his neck.

The funny thing was that he was the friend of my high school gymnastic coach (they were both in college). He came to practice (probably to watch all the young girls in leotards!) and played around. He made it sound like HE had been a gymnast at a college level :rolleyes:

Following the birth of my son I bought "Billy Blanks Boot Camp" GOOD GOD...I should have just went to boot camp :eek:

I do water arobics at our local swimming pool and I love those!!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Following the birth of my son I bought "Billy Blanks Boot Camp" GOOD GOD...I should have just went to boot camp :eek:

I do water arobics at our local swimming pool and I love those!!
Yeah that looks a little much!!! :eek:

I wonder if the world's supply of ThighMasters burned up with Suzanne Sommer's house? :confused:

I want a Total Gym, but don't know if they are worth it. Anyone have one??
I have one that I bought from an outlet store (paid MUCH less for it). It works great...if you use it. Right now mine is in a storage shed in back waiting to have an exercise room built. I will probably be too old and feeble to use it by that time. LOL

I must admit I am interested in the Flavor Wave. Anyone have one of these? I like the fact that you can cook frozen meat with it. (I am forever forgetting to defrost meat and hate using the microwave to defrost) DH and DD get "grab & growl" (aka chef's surprise...SURPRISE! Chef doesn't cook tonight) for dinner when this happens.
Valky

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I wonder if the world's supply of ThighMasters burned up with Suzanne Sommer's house? :confused:

OMG, did you see the pictures of her house? How awful!

I forgot to mention I bought the dryer balls (got at Target though). I love them. My clothes do dry faster and come out less wrinkled. I also don't use any fabric softner and I have well water!

P.S. They do make your a lot of noise.

lacychef said:

I must be so enthralled with the CS website that I never heard about this! When did this happen?

lacychef said:
When I heard her statement to the press, all my sympathy went right out the window. No wonder she's washed up and no one pays any attention to her anymore.

When I heard her statement to the press, all my sympathy went right out the window.

I missed what she said ...do tell KG

Valky

No - I will not repeat it. Anyone third-rate celebrity who uses a personal tradgedy as a forum to make a political statement doesn't deserve our attention.

UGH! I can't stand that either. I can only imagine what is was!! Grrrrrr.... Bad enough when top rate celebraties do the political crap, even worse when it's a "has been". Makes my blood boil!!

I saw her on the television but had the volume down...best way to listen to her. I guess I will just have to be in the dark AGAIN. LOL
Valky

Suzanne Sommers is so far down the list she didn't even make Armed and Famous with the other has-beens. Heck, even Erik Estrada made that turkey.

pampchefrhondab said:
I forgot to mention I bought the dryer balls (got at Target though). I love them. My clothes do dry faster and come out less wrinkled. I also don't use any fabric softner and I have well water!

P.S. They do make your a lot of noise.

I love those. My mom talked me in to getting some a few months ago and its been great. Only problem is sometimes my husband does not make sure both are still in the dryer when he changes the laundry and the static cling with just one ball in the dryer is awful. Solution: I bought 2 more so that there will never be less than 2 in the dryer at any time. :rolleyes:

I didn't know dryers had balls.What's the story? That's an infomercial I seem to have missed.

They are blue rubber balls w/points all over them. You put them in your dryer w/your clothes and you don't have to use fabric softner. It helps keep your clothes from having wrinkles as well.

not only do dryers have balls, they have BLUE balls!!

Full of liquid! :eek:

Really?? I guess there has to be stuff in there if they are blue, LOL!!

I bet that makes flexible dryer vent stand right up.

I have the Magic Bullet, and I've actually USED it! it's far more convenient for small blending jobs than a regular blender. I use it for scrambling eggs for omelets, blending smoothies, grinding flaxseed, and other apps. It's been worth it for me.

The down side is that is doesn't cut it for jobs requiring a longer run time. If I run the motor for even 30 seconds I start to smell it. Not good. It's also tough to modify or add to the contents after blending has started.

wow. this is an R rated thread! ahhhhhh... the blue balls for the dryer look exactally the same as purple foot massage balls i used to have. Hmmmm...massage your feet and then do the laundry!

R rated? Nothing off-color in here unless you think it is.;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
R rated? Nothing off-color in here unless you think it is.

;)

WOW! I've never heard of totally innocent innuendo before! :p

I was just offering more information to properly inform the possible consumer!! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
WOW! I've never heard of totally innocent innuendo before! :p
As Groucho Marx said, "When your husband goes out the door, love comes in you window."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • legacypc46