• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theGrocery Game Is a Success for Me!

In summary, a member of a forum shared her experience of joining The Grocery Game and another bulletin board dedicated to members of TGG. After 5 weeks, she has been able to save 35-65% off her grocery and household bills by using coupons and ECBs at CVS. She was able to get $60 worth of products for only $2.93 and even earned $55 in ECBs. Her goal is to cut her weekly bills in half and have extra items to donate. She spends 1-2 hours per week preparing for her shopping trips and gets her coupons from friends and family. Another member also shares her success with TGC, but mentions that she doesn't cut out coupons, rather she keeps them in a
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all! A while back I posted in this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/new-message-board-addiction-like-we-need-another-one-27897/ about joining The Grocery Game and another bulletin board that is dedicated to members of TGG. I just wanted to give you all an update. I have been doing this now for about 5 weeks, and boy am I loving it! I am saving on average 35-65% off my grocery/HBA bills and that number will only continue to grow! I can't give specific name brands here, but this is what I got at CVS yesterday and how much it cost me:
(ECB's are their Extra Care Bucks...like an instant rebate that prints out at the bottom of your receipt that are used LIKE CASH there the next time you go in.)

First CVS Super Haul!!

Thanksgiving Day, 2007

2 pain medicines
1 lotion
1 body wash
1 razor
3 toothpastes
3 boxes zipper plastic bags
2 hair colors
1 bag of chocolates

Shelf value:
$60.15
Out of pocket: (only “spent” $40 in ECB’s)
$2.93
ECB’s earned:
$55!!!

Basically, they PAID ME $12.07 to take $60 worth of products out of the store!

My goal is to get our weekly grocery/HBA bill cut in half, and to have TONS of extras to donate! I am well on my way! If you sign up (they have a 4 week trial for only $1) make sure you use my email as the referral pretty please!! [email protected]

http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs318.gif

WOW!! That's a lot of savings!! I am glad its working for you! I use a lot of coupons at the supermarket.

Do you have to print the coupons on this site? Or how does it work?

That is so great! I have heard of a lot of people savings tons with TGG. I want to try it but I'm not sure I can make the commitment to it. How much time do you think you spend with it?

I am probably spending about 1-2 hours per week right now. That includes cutting coupons/filing them in my binder/printing out the lists and pulling the needed coupons before going shopping. That time continues to go down, though, since I am getting my method down pat!

You cut all coupons from your Sunday newspaper inserts. Some folks buy extra papers to stock up on coupons...I have asked friends, family, and church friends to give me their unwanted coupons. That is keeping me in PLENTY of coupons and I am not spending extra $$ that way. There are some coupons that you can print off online, but not all stores will take them (probably since they are too easy to alter) so really that is the minority of the coupons that I use. Really, it's more just using the list which tells you WHEN to use your coupons. They know the cycles of the sales, so they know when the LOWEST price is. That, in combonation with a coupon, is what saves you the most! You stockpile (buy enough of a product for 12 weeks) when it is on sale...using your coupons...and then it carries you through till the next sale. So, once you are up and running, you are ONLY buying things at the lowest possible price....and have very few items (milk, produce) that you will need to purchase at full price.

PM or email me with any questions! This is such a super opportunity and I want everyone to know about it! (Can you tell that this is really FUN for me!??)

I looked at the grocery game a while ago and found I didn't really buy the items listed (center of store/Sunday coupon items)...I basically shop the perimeter and rarely enter into the center so I didn't feel it was worth my time. I'm happy it works for you!

I love tgc! However, I don't cut the coupons out to take to the store. I have them in my binder and take that. I found if I cut them out, sometimes the store is out and then I have the cut coupons that are easy to loose. This way if they're out, I still have the coupon safe in my binder. Tgc is well worth the money :)Gina

I have sort of been playing this and I will get my coupons and staple them to the top of the sale add for CVS and Walgreens and then circle what is in the ad that I am shopping for. Here are a few of the items I have gotten, not quite the success that Kelly has had but a few things.

2 boxes of hamburger dinner kits for .50 each
4 deodorants for .34 each
2 dish soaps for .57 each (not the best price, but better than full)
3 12 oz. containers of dried fruit for .24 each
6 1" 3 ring binders for .21 each
3 tubes of toothpaste for .24 each
3 50 load liquid detergents (off brand) for 1.69 each
There is more, but can't remember of the top of my brain after being up till am.

I only have one grocery store near me that I don't shop at often, but am starting to pay attention to it, and I have been checking out CVS for years. I used to get my diapers (my daughters actually !) for an average of $3 a pack for the 2 1/2 years that she was in them.

I like Walgreens but wasn't using them for awhile but am checking them out again, and the best part is I get 15% of everything, even sale prices (family employee discount !), so that really helps keep the prices down, especially when you play the game.

I hope I get much better than this. I know that I have bought 26 dollars worth of items for about $4 and didn't use any manufacturer coupons about a year ago and have done that a few times at CVS, but now that I am using the coupons should get much better deals.

Related to theGrocery Game Is a Success for Me!

1. What is "theGrocery Game"?

"theGrocery Game" is a shopping strategy program designed to help you save money on your grocery bill. It provides a list of the best deals at your local grocery stores, along with coupons and other money-saving tips.

2. How does "theGrocery Game" work?

First, you will need to sign up for a membership. Then, you will receive a list of the best deals at your chosen grocery stores each week. You can also access printable coupons and other money-saving resources through the program.

3. Is "theGrocery Game" only for certain grocery stores?

No, "theGrocery Game" covers a wide range of grocery stores across the United States. You can choose which stores you want to receive deals for when you sign up for a membership.

4. Can I still use my store loyalty cards with "theGrocery Game"?

Yes, you can still use your store loyalty cards with "theGrocery Game." The program will provide you with deals and coupons to use in conjunction with your loyalty card, maximizing your savings.

5. How much can I expect to save with "theGrocery Game"?

Savings will vary depending on your individual shopping habits and the deals available at your chosen grocery stores. However, many users report saving hundreds of dollars each month with "theGrocery Game."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferp417
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcheftammy
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies