• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Benefits of 1 Demo Recipe vs. 2 for Successful Demos

In summary, Debbie does two recipes on average, but only does one if the hostess asks for it. She has found that having more than 10 guests makes it difficult to manage, and she prefers to keep her parties simple and short.
jentapp
Does anyone here just do 1 recipe for their demo? Do you find that your sales aren't as high on average or does it not make a difference?

I always do two.I always demo two: an appetizer and a dessert.

Usually it's a wreath, ring, or clubhouse chicken squares. Then I do a dessert. The dessert is usually more than half done but I do garnish or add the finishing touches to it while we wait for the food to bake.
We play a game, we talk about host benefits, becoming a consultant, I take questions and by then the food is ready.
The desert I offer as a freebie if they have 15 or more orders for me at the show, that includes outside orders before the show and guests at the show. Of course I still encourage the outside orders after the show and offer incentives to those who gather orders for my host.

Debbie :D

I only do one recipe. It has simplified my life. My sales, bookings and recruiting have all gone up since. I usually add the Quick stir pitcher with instant drink mix and sliced fruit to liven it up. I don't cout that as a recipe though, since it takes maybe two minutes.

It depends on the hostess and the number of guests. If there are more than 10 guests I do two recipes. Sometimes, if the hostess requests 2 recipes I'll do it, but I don't suggest it. I like my parties simple, short, and sweet.

When I started my PC business, I did two. About a year into it, I decided to simplify. Now, I only do one recipe. My sales have never decreased, only increased. Plus, I think that makes our jobs look easier to future consultants.

But, the nice thing about PC is that you can do what works best for you! Some really like showing two recipes....it makes me calmer to only do one.

Sometimes if I am going to have a really large show (at least 15+) I will make something extra and bring it along, but I don't demo it, since it is completed before I get there. That way, it doesn't make my demo longer, but it does help to feed more people.

HTH

Only ONE!I've always done just one recipe. And I use the same recipe all month long. It makes my life easier, especially on weekends when I have shows back-to-back. I can pack my crate and I'm DONE :)

I got to meet my Senior Executive Director a couple weeks ago and she also does just 1 recipe. It was nice to hear this from someone who is doing so well with her business, ya know?

This month I am doing SOUP! Yes, soup! LOL I'm using the Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe from Main Dishes. It's in the weeknight express section, and I'm focusing my shows on getting in and out of the kitchen to spend more time with the family, so this recipe fits in there really well. AND it shows off the cookware, the stoneware, knives.....

Definately 1!I started doing two recipes and found it meant having to bring too much stuff, worry about too many details, and it took too long.

Now I just do one recipe and it has been great. If there is a large crowd, I might double the recipe. (I have 2 round stones...) Or just cut the portions small. Tomorrow I am doing the sticky caramel cakes. I tested the recipe this afternoon... and since she is expecting a crowd, I am bringing my extras to her house to add to what I make on site. I never do two recipes anymore! And I have definitely not had a problem with sales!

I am lucky to get through 1 recipe...I can't imagine doing two.:eek:

One recipe.

I will do two IF the host asks persistantly and usually it's an appetizer (Hot Pizza Dip) that I prepare ahead of time and just bake at her house OR I'll do a microwave cake. But nothing more than that.

HOWEVER tomorrow I am doing Molten Chocolate SKillet Brownie AND Turkey Cranberry Ring/Wreath (haven't decided which shape I'm doing :) ) because of a miscommunication on my part, so it should be interesting and hopefully not epic. Thank goodness that brownie is super simple!

It depends on the hostess and the number of guests. :)

I always only demo one, but if there are 10 or more guests I will bring a second recipe done. Usually a dessert or appetizer. I haven't noticed a difference when I have one or two.

I am with pamperedgirl. I only do one but if they are having a bunch of guests I will make another ahead of time. I think it helps my sales because they first see the finished product and how good it looks and then I walk them through the demo.

only 1I do 1 recipe unless the show size demands 2. I also find out about the host and her guests to choose my recipe. If they are seasoned, they're there to socialize so I make a dip (something simple), unless otherwise asked. If they are new to PC I do something more detailed, use this time to educate;) .
Hope this helps

Thank you all!!!I think I'm definitely going to drop it down to 1 recipe to demo and then I'll make a dip or spread out of whatever seasoning I'm using or have on hand to show them the versatility of the pantry items (consumable goods are great for getting repeat business).

This whole making 2 recipes thing is just stressing me out WAY too much. LOL

What is everyone's favorite November and December recipe to make?

jentapp said:
What is everyone's favorite November and December recipe to make?

Do something in cookware to promote cookware for January bookings. I'm going to offer Green Chile Frittata (SB F/W 2005 -- make without the chicken) and Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.

BTW, when I started I did two recipes. Now it's a rare occasion (a recipe that can't be split among a good size group) that I do two. I'm just too slow and I don't want to carry more tools.

Chef Diane said:
I do 1 recipe unless the show size demands 2. I also find out about the host and her guests to choose my recipe. If they are seasoned, they're there to socialize so I make a dip (something simple), unless otherwise asked. If they are new to PC I do something more detailed, use this time to educate;) .
Hope this helps

I agree & I'm only making 1 especially since thats all the attention I get time for:rolleyes:. Last night they wanted to play games ( I felt out the crowd ) and it seemed a good idea! Also sitting in 2 hours of traffic for a 30 minute ride didnt help. We played a bunch of games & so far the total is 952.39;) ;) :D :D :D

Doing one recipe only will make your job so much easier, regardless of the size of the crowd. If there is going to be a large crowd, just cut the pieces smaller.

Our hosts always have the option of putting something else out to feed the crowd. The main focus of our shows is not the recipe, it is the products and the opportunity. You will definitely have better sales and more recruits if you focus on those instead of the recipe.

Thanks!
Lisa

LOL...I just remembered my show for next Sun is at 3 so I was thinking a brunch..;) Well the host saying ok, no problem & then goes on to tell me Lisa is bringing homemade crabcakes & Anna is making sausage & peppers & Joanne is making stuffed cabbage..etc...:cool: Hmmm I'm probably gonna bring dessert!:D

I only actually demo one recipe, but I always have 2 recipes there....maybe it's the area, but my hosts all seem to expect it, and when I do only one, they end up making a bunch of food themselves, and then everyone is oohing and aahing over their dip or dessert, and wanting the recipe, and the focus gets totally off PC...and I hate it when the attention isn't on me;)!
For instance, I had a brunch show today....before the guests got there I had the skillet pull-apart biscuits w/ butter and cinnamon sugar in the oven...(showcasing cookware & SA - I slide it out onto the new cranberry edged plate to serve - do this in front of the guests and pass it around as I'm starting the show) Then while they are eating the biscuits I do my intro., and start the demo. I made the Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll (Main Dishes cookbook). I had most of the prep done for that before the show too, so the demo took about 10 minutes, and then popped it in the oven! While it was baking, we did introductions and favorite products and new products. The whole show was over in 1 hr. and I was taking orders while they ate....8 guests, $400 in sales, and 2 bookings! Plus outside orders to still come. And I was home at 1:30, and still have my whole day!
My choices for recipes for this month - Hot Pizza Dip & Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake (dip done when guests arrive), or Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites w/ Mom's Apple Crisp. (except for my brunch shows)

Oh - I forgot to say though - I think some of it depends on your comfort level in the kitchen.....not everyone is a consultant because they love to cook. I am most comfortable when I am in the kitchen and cooking, so it just seems natural for me to be cooking and talking with people - so I enjoy doing two recipes - but I totally love the idea that people can be successful doing this w/o even really cooking at all! There is a place for everyone with PC!

jentapp said:
Does anyone here just do 1 recipe for their demo? Do you find that your sales aren't as high on average or does it not make a difference?

1 recipe for sure. If you have a big crowd, encourage your host if you think she will be a great host to have something else to serve with it. Otherwise if you feel you need to do 2, have one already done and prepared. Only demo
1. Otherwise this takes away from your being able to be there for the guests. I learned the hard way!
Schel:)

receipe for showHi,
I do 1 demo in front of everyone , but i do the small saute pan garlic bread or pull apart they love it and thats the way to sell pans . so i think for a little bit of extra money its worth the time to do that one cause I sell those pans , or book shows to get the pans
Doreen almost at level 2
:eek:

what to do when demo is in oven?I have always tried to make one thing that had to bake a while while putting the finishing touches on a dessert. If you only make on thing, what do you do while it is baking? Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick dessert that can be mostly prepared ahead of time? Thanks a bunch for your advice and input!

It really depends on what the host wants for her show. I have done 5 demos in one show but the host had a kitchen crew prepping and bringing stuff to me. One stayed and washed everything so nothing was ever unavailable. It made everything go quick the total show was about 50 minutes (games included).

basketmom2 said:
If you only make on thing, what do you do while it is baking?

This is a great time to pass new products, talk about show benefits, tell your story and/or have guests do introductions (and tell you what their favorite products are). There's plenty to discuss. . .

chefjeanine said:
This is a great time to pass new products, talk about show benefits, tell your story and/or have guests do introductions (and tell you what their favorite products are). There's plenty to discuss. . .

I do a talk on cookware or stoneware if we haven't already talked about it, do the "ask me about my job" game, answer any questions, talk about warrantly and payment instructions, talk about/show upcoming host specials to entice them to book....

I have only done 2 at a few parties and it was because the host specifically requested two and expected a larger crowd. Usually l do one and while its baking I play a game and talk about new products.

Baking time is also a good time to play a recruiting game, do door prize slips, and let everyone start filling out orders. Then you can have a few orders already taken when the food's ready.

1. What are the benefits of using only 1 demo recipe during a Pampered Chef demonstration?

Using only 1 demo recipe allows for a more focused and organized presentation. It also allows more time for interaction with guests and addressing any questions or concerns they may have.

2. Is it better to use 2 demo recipes during a Pampered Chef demonstration?

This ultimately depends on the preferences of the consultant. Some consultants may choose to showcase more products and recipes to demonstrate the versatility of the products, while others may find that using only 1 recipe allows for a more effective and engaging presentation.

3. How does using only 1 demo recipe save time during a Pampered Chef demonstration?

Using only 1 demo recipe allows for a more streamlined and efficient presentation. It eliminates the need for set up and clean up between multiple recipes, saving time and ensuring that the demonstration stays on schedule.

4. Will using only 1 demo recipe limit the sales potential during a Pampered Chef demonstration?

No, using only 1 demo recipe does not limit the sales potential. In fact, it can often lead to increased sales as guests are able to see the full potential of the product in one recipe and may be more likely to make a purchase.

5. Can I still showcase multiple products while using only 1 demo recipe during a Pampered Chef demonstration?

Yes, you can still showcase multiple products while using only 1 demo recipe. This can be done by incorporating different products into the recipe, as well as highlighting the versatility of the products during the demonstration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Meigs
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3