• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious & Healthy Recipes for the DCB - Perfect for Weight Watchers!

The Chicken Fajitas recipe provided is not just quite healthy but its quite delicious. Make sure you make the Salsa Fresca and Guacamole to go with them ... Real winners.yup the fajitas are the BOMB!!!I make fish. Take Tilapia fillets with the dill seasoning and press a lemon. AWESOME and healthy.You can also take the Tilapia fillets and add the Citrus and Basil Rub & press a lime or lemon.......FABULOUS!! A customer of mine who is trying to lose weight swore by this. I tried it and it is so good!
emiscookin
What kind of healthy (and yummy ;)) recipes can I cook in the DCB at my shows? I know lots of people that are on Weight Watchers or trying to eat healthy.
I LOVE the DCB!!! :D Quickest cooking EVER!!

The Chicken Fajitas are quite healthy, especially if you don't put oil in it. The recipe I'm attaching uses oil, but you can just put the seasonings directly onto the chicken.

Though, if they're doing Weight Watchers, they'll want to get their serving of healthy oil in for the day, and this is a good way to do it if you use canola oil.

Attachments

• Ultimate Chicken Fajitas.pdf
    152 KB · Views: 390
Thanks Leftymac!

leftymac said:
The Chicken Fajitas are quite healthy, especially if you don't put oil in it. The recipe I'm attaching uses oil, but you can just put the seasonings directly onto the chicken.

Though, if they're doing Weight Watchers, they'll want to get their serving of healthy oil in for the day, and this is a good way to do it if you use canola oil.

The Chicken Fajitas recipe provided is not just quite healthy but its quite delicious. Make sure you make the Salsa Fresca and Guacamole to go with them ... Real winners.

yup the fajitas are the BOMB!!!

I make fish. Take Tilapia fillets with the dill seasoning and press a lemon. AWESOME and healthy.

The Penne Al Fresco is very healthy. I love that our company recipes include the nutritional value at the bottom so we can help our hosts stick to their lifestyle eating.

I LOVE to do the 30 Minute Chicken (you can also do it with the skin off to cut down on fat if that's your definition of healthy) with the Strawberry Spinach Salad. Terrific, healthy, fresh, whole foods meal! It shows people how they can put together a meal, including a low-fat homemade salad dressing, in 30 minutes. :love:LOVE:love: it. I serve the salad in the large bamboo bowl or on the large Bamboo tray.

Chef Kearns said:
The Penne Al Fresco is very healthy. I love that our company recipes include the nutritional value at the bottom so we can help our hosts stick to their lifestyle eating.

Ditto! I'm happy about that too!! :thumbup:
Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I am really getting excited about doing this!! :D

The turkey tetrazzini is GREAT and can be made lite! I follow the recipe except I use FF sour cream and the 98% FF cream of mush and add extra green beans and extra mushrooms. It comes out to about 4 pts per cup and is delish!!! My non-dieting hubby thinks it is great!!! (You can also sub with chicken breasts if no turkey) I cook them in the micro cooker before.

Chef Kearns said:

Yep, it is. It is 5 points made the way the recipe calls for. However, you can lightem it up and use "Smart Taste" pasta. I find it at Walmart. Has a lot of fiber in it and is I believe lower in fat. Don't recall the points for it but I do remember it was lower in points. Also use the fat free chicken broth and with less sodium, omit the wine) So, this recipe could easily be less in points than the 5, don't think I ever figured it up but you can use the recipe builder portion on weightwatchers.com and it will figure it up for you with your adjusted ingredients.

SueAdx said:
I make fish. Take Tilapia fillets with the dill seasoning and press a lemon. AWESOME and healthy.

How long in the micro? Would it taste better in the oven?

SueAdx said:
Me too! I make tilapia or salmon in it all the time - drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with any of our seasonings. Serve with lemon, couscous and steamed veggies. :) I've also made the tilapia, used the southwest seasoning and used the fish to make fish tacos with fresh corn tortillas that I just warm up in a pan. I also saute red bell peppers, onions and zucchini to add to them - YUM!

SueAdx said:

You can also take the Tilapia fillets and add the Citrus and Basil Rub & press a lime or lemon.......FABULOUS!! A customer of mine who is trying to lose weight swore by this. I tried it and it is so good!

1. What is the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) and how does it contribute to healthy cooking?

The DCB is a versatile ceramic baking dish that can be used in the microwave, oven, and even on the stovetop. Its unique design allows for even heat distribution, resulting in healthier and more evenly cooked dishes. The non-stick surface also reduces the need for added oils or fats, making it a great tool for healthy cooking.

2. Can I make a variety of healthy recipes using the DCB?

Absolutely! The DCB can be used to make a wide range of healthy recipes, from roasting vegetables and meats to baking casseroles and desserts. It's also perfect for cooking grains and legumes, making it a versatile and essential tool for any healthy kitchen.

3. Are there any specific recipes or ingredients that work best with the DCB for healthy cooking?

The DCB works well with a variety of recipes and ingredients, but it's especially great for cooking lean proteins like chicken and fish, as well as vegetables. The deep dish design allows for more room to layer and pack in healthy ingredients, resulting in flavorful and nutritious meals.

4. Is the DCB easy to clean and maintain?

Yes, the DCB is very easy to clean and maintain. The non-stick surface makes it a breeze to clean, and it is also dishwasher safe for added convenience. Just be sure to follow the care instructions to ensure the longevity of your DCB.

5. Can I use the DCB for meal prep and storing leftovers?

Absolutely! The DCB is not only great for cooking healthy meals, but it can also be used for meal prep and storing leftovers. Its versatile design allows for easy reheating in the microwave or oven, making it a convenient option for busy individuals looking to maintain a healthy diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adnoel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefDebi
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefDebi
  • apriljc