• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover an Extra Recipe for Bringing Courtesy to Your Show

In summary, Julie brings recipes to the show as a courtesy, but does not always have the time to demo them. She usually demos one recipe, but has not noticed any drastic changes in sales since she switched to one.
nycchef
Who brings a recipe to a show as a courtesy...who does not?
Thanks!!

I used to......but honestly - I just don't have the time!

I do bring to the show some of the demo ingredients - the ones I'm afraid they may get wrong - like Parm. Cheese, Roma Tomatoes, etc.....and things they may not usually have on hand, and may not use again - like a specialty oil or vinegar.

I think the bigger courtesy that I extend to my hosts is mailing their invites for them.

I used to give an incentive that if they have 12 or more guests coming to the show, then I will bring the dessert. Well, they would tell me that they are going to have that many and then there would only be like 5. I have that happen several times, so I stopped doing that. I may do it again to help with Pan-o-rama, like bring the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake to try to sell 12" Family Skillet.

If I know there is going to be more than the alloted serving amount with the recipe we are doing, I will either suggest we do another recipe or just make a double batch of it so everyone can try some. Then I'll do which ever one she chooses before the show. But I dont always do it, usually the host has food there and then you just make the pieces small enough for everyone to try. I just dont have time to come up with two recipes and stuff.

I do the garlic bites and my demo recipe. I always tell my hosts that they are welcomed to 'add to' with snacks/beverages if they want.

I only do it for repeat host or if I am running a special. I do have time to add more work for myself and more money. I know it is a tax write off and will add up but sometimes in that moment I do not need to spend the extra money. I use to demo two recipes in the beginning and now only do one. Has not affected my sales at all. I will offer to give the host additional recipes for them to make or will help them make something else when I get there if they want to add to the demo recipe. Most of my host already have something else made when I get there.

After reading about the pass around salsa with the salad choppers on here I am thinking of offering that as a special some time soon. Might help if I get the choppers first, HA!

I do two recipes at my shows.I give the host a choice off of a menu I threw together. I tell the host ahead of time that I will be buying the ingredients and they can just reimburse me for the cost. I have not had a problem with getting reimbursed one time. I have been doing one of the rings and a trifle at most of my parties. I have also done bites and bevs which went very well also.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful...

When I first started, I used to do two recipes, but then I stopped and I haven't noticed any drastic changes in sales. Most of the time, I just do one recipe so the demo is shorter (30-45 minutes max). People seem to appreciate that.

I only demo one recipe now, and actually my sales have INCREASED since I switched to one instead of two. (I used to "finish off" a second recipe...) I think it really helped to calm ME down- doing two recipes just made me too nervous that I wasn't going to have enough time, etc.

Once I changed to one demo recipe, I then offered to bring something additional for 12+ guests, but I got burnt on that too many times (hosts saying there would be 12 or more, and only a few showing up) so now I don't offer it.

If the host sounds VERY jazzed and is certain a bunch of folks are showing up, many times I will surprize her and bring something extra. That way, if I get too busy and don't have time to do it, she will never know! :)

Things I do as a courtesy:

mail invites (for free if 40+ names are given)
do reminder calls (if given phone numbers)
shop for ingredients (host reimburses me directly when we close the show)

This time of the year I'll ask the host if she can get a bag of tortilla chips and then I'll make some fresh salsa as a 2nd recipe. I don't make tons, enough to go in a small simple additions bowl. Keeps it affordable for me, helps the host, and sells tools like the Salad Chopper.

For most shows in fall/winter, I'll do garlic bites...although this season I'll be doing a sweet version with the new sprinkles. Again, affordable and a real eye opener for the cookwares flexibility.

Related to Discover an Extra Recipe for Bringing Courtesy to Your Show

1. How can I incorporate courtesy into my Pampered Chef show?

One way to bring courtesy to your show is by greeting each guest individually and making them feel welcome. You can also offer them refreshments and engage in conversation with them.

2. What are some examples of courteous behavior during a Pampered Chef show?

Examples of courteous behavior include actively listening to guests, being patient and understanding, and showing appreciation for their time and support.

3. How can I encourage my guests to be courteous to each other?

You can encourage courtesy among your guests by setting a positive example yourself and reminding them to be respectful and considerate of others during the show. You can also incorporate team-building activities that promote collaboration and kindness.

4. What should I do if a guest is being rude or disrespectful during my show?

If a guest is being rude or disrespectful, it's important to address the behavior calmly and professionally. You can politely remind them of the importance of courtesy and how it contributes to a positive experience for everyone.

5. How can I ensure that my show is a courteous and enjoyable experience for all guests?

To ensure a courteous and enjoyable experience for all guests, it's important to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere, actively listen to their needs and preferences, and be flexible and accommodating. You can also ask for feedback and make adjustments accordingly for future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kate0831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • jenniferp417
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • LeahMae