• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discontinued Item Question/No Spoilers

In summary, discontinued items are not always "on sale" and are only available while supplies last. If you really want an item, you should buy it now or host a show soon and earn it for free. Thank you for your question!
Geekgirl69
Gold Member
What do you say to a customer when they ask why the discontinued items are not "on sale"?

Because Pampered Chef has the best host benefits around where they discount items for 10% for past hosts and provide TONS of free and 1/2 price selections, they do not discount discontinued items. Discontinued to Pampered Chef doesn't mean there is less of a demand, it just means a change for them. Often discontinued items sell out at full price.If for some reason, it wasn't a high demand item, you will be able to find it on the outlet on my website Welcome to In the Kitchen with in the future - just watch for the changes at the beginning of each month! However, if it is an item you really want, I would suggest getting it now or hosting a show soon and earning it for free.

Ugh...I know...customers think that we just said...close out bargain special instead of discontinued.

I just clarify and tell them that the item is not on sale, it is just being discontinued from out line and is only available while supplies last. (Sort of like last call at the bar. Last call does not mean all drinks are half price!)

It is just a thing they will continue to ask. If I am doing a party and someone starts whining that the item is not on sale...I tell them I will give them 10% off any discontined item. What I do is the following:

Say the item is $10.00 and 10% off of $10.00 is $1.00. I calculate the the order as if I was not discounting a thing. Then at the very end, I minus $1.00 That way, they still being taxed on the full price of the item.

It seems to work and I do not offer it until someone brings it up. And...it is ONLY for those guests who are at the actual party.

janetupnorth said:
Because Pampered Chef has the best host benefits around where they discount items for 10% for past hosts and provide TONS of free and 1/2 price selections, they do not discount discontinued items. Discontinued to Pampered Chef doesn't mean there is less of a demand, it just means a change for them. Often discontinued items sell out at full price.

If for some reason, it wasn't a high demand item, you will be able to find it on the outlet on my website Welcome to In the Kitchen with in the future - just watch for the changes at the beginning of each month!

However, if it is an item you really want, I would suggest getting it now or hosting a show soon and earning it for free.

That is a great answer.

Thank you both!

baychef said:
Ugh...I know...customers think that we just said...close out bargain special instead of discontinued.

I just clarify and tell them that the item is not on sale, it is just being discontinued from out line and is only available while supplies last. (Sort of like last call at the bar. Last call does not mean all drinks are half price!)
It is just a thing they will continue to ask. If I am doing a party and someone starts whining that the item is not on sale...I tell them I will give them 10% off any discontined item. What I do is the following:

Say the item is $10.00 and 10% off of $10.00 is $1.00. I calculate the the order as if I was not discounting a thing. Then at the very end, I minus $1.00 That way, they still being taxed on the full price of the item.

It seems to work and I do not offer it until someone brings it up. And...it is ONLY for those guests who are at the actual party.

I love this analogy... people understand what "last call" means... nice job!

I like the "last call" analogy too. I have had people in past years practically throw a tantrum that they can't get discontinued items at a discount. I tell them it is not my call to make, but if they want it bad enough, to buy it now. (not exactly like that of course). But still, it is being discontinued, not put on clearance. I will have to use the "last call". I really like that.
Good job, Ann E!!

Great info...thanks!
Gotta gp pick up my lord & master....:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

I simply explain that because all of these products are under a guarantee, the company must keep enough in stock after the discontinued status just in case something happens to one you purchase, they will have a replacement to send you.

Also, unless there is an insane amount of said products in the warehouse, you generally do not see recently discontinued items on our websites until closer to the guarantee lapse time.

But now I am thinking that Last Call line is pretty darn clever!

I do hope someone can help..
Some of the ladies I work with were glad to know the knives w/sharpening stone is being retired, but what happens to the gaurentee on those knives they already have?

Does the lifetime expire or are they able to get replaced with the new knives w/honing case instead?

If something happens to their knives they will be replaced with the same product as long as the warehouse has them in stock. When they are all gone they will replace them with the new knives with the honing cases. I am thinking that these are the same knives, just with new cases. Am I correct on this? Anyone know for sure?

Shawnna said:
If something happens to their knives they will be replaced with the same product as long as the warehouse has them in stock. When they are all gone they will replace them with the new knives with the honing cases. I am thinking that these are the same knives, just with new cases. Am I correct on this? Anyone know for sure?

They are different. The blade is the same Japanese Steel but the shape is very slightly different and the handle is changed to be more ergonomic.

I try to explain that, discontinued is just that... no longer available. I do like the last call idea too. I also tell them that if they like to gamble, they can wait and see if it ever shows up on the outlet at a discount but remind them that there's no guarantees.

thanks for your response now I can tell them.

Related to Discontinued Item Question/No Spoilers

What does "Discontinued Item Question/No Spoilers" mean?

"Discontinued Item Question/No Spoilers" refers to a product that is no longer available for purchase from Pampered Chef. This may be due to the item being out of stock or being discontinued from our product line.

Why are some Pampered Chef products discontinued?

There are a variety of reasons why a product may be discontinued, such as low demand, changes in manufacturing or sourcing, or the introduction of new and improved products. Our goal is to continually offer high-quality and relevant products to our customers.

Can I still purchase a discontinued item?

Unfortunately, once an item is discontinued, it is no longer available for purchase from Pampered Chef. However, we do offer a variety of similar products that may meet your needs and preferences.

How can I find out if an item is going to be discontinued?

We do our best to provide advance notice of any upcoming discontinuations on our website and through our social media channels. You can also sign up for our email newsletter to stay updated on any changes to our product line.

What is the return policy for discontinued items?

Our return policy for discontinued items is the same as our regular return policy. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. However, please note that we cannot accept returns for discontinued items after they have been discontinued for more than 90 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CGutwein
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefMary412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ktraceyk