• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Director Call Today: Get the Inside Scoop on the Latest Details!

In summary, the team challenge is to recruit, be among the top teams at each level, and be recognized. The directors challenge is to recruit 10 people and the PC will honor the top team with a HO attending their team meeting and rewarding them with prizes and recognition. There is no individual reward for the challenge other than the regular bonus that changes month to month. Details are going to be posted on cc tomorrow.
finley1991
If anyone has already been on this call can you please post the details covered? Mine is in a few hours and I'd rather not listen in if I don't have to... my SM is not the best on the phone and the calls are PAINFUL! :yuck:

TIA! :)

mine is in 1/2 hour....

I was on the AD call, but got on late. Waiting for the recording to post so I can listen to what I missed.

I got on very late and hung up early (mainly because I missed so much). What little I did hear was a prize for your personal team and recruiting. Getting your team number and encouraging them with recruiting. Sorry, I am probably more of a hinder than a help!!!:confused:

Dang! I totally forgot about it. There's another one tonight, but I've got a party. :cry:

Here's my notes from ours:

Team Recruiting Challenge July & August
*Challenge yourself & team to recruit, be amoung top teams at each level and be recognized.

Directors Challenge: Top 10 Teams = Trophee
PC will honor top team with HO attending our team meeting and reward them with prizes & recognitation.
1 recruit, does not require 1,250 to participate
Everyone has to start @ 5 recruits to meet or beat
Good, Better or Best
Good = 10% growth
Better = 20% Growth
Best = 30% growth
0 recruits July/Aug. last year.
Recognition & rewards for the team? Have something with the team number on it. My # is…

Plug in New consultants & Power up your kitchen:

Power up product for Free for each new qualified consultant. 12 electric to chose from:
Cruisin art mixer, fondue set, radio/cd player, 2 toaster, 4 toaster, walfel maker, kitchen aid blender, juice fountatin, deep frier, coffee maker, stand mixer. Value 40-80+ PLUS PC Bucks, Plus extra commission + promoting

NEW people in July – 1,250 in 30days 12”skillet of choice!! $225 Value! Every new consultant should join with a friend.
Sales Manager will hold Opportunity Calls EVERY Tues. in July 8pm
12th, 19th, 26th. Calls will be 30 min. will hear enspiring stories. Invites leads to listen to the call and follow up with them.
What are you doing in the next 2 hrs.?
What are you doing in the next 2 days?
what are you doing in the next 2 wks?

I listened in on the call and I'm glad I did! My SM did a really good job this time and I think the promotions sound exciting. I'm probably most excited because I know we'll be adding at least 4 new consultants to my team in July anyway (one for me and 3 for my team) so that inspires me to add more!

I really HATE team challenges!

pamperedlinda said:
I really HATE team challenges!

Let me rephrase that:
I really dislike individual rewards based on group effort

The audio quality on my call SUCKED! I heard about 1/3 of what my SM said (emailed her and asked for her notes, too!) and I'm not sure if I totally understand the challenge. What is the individual reward? I thought the Plug In Promo was individual and the team part was competing against other teams at our level???

Kate - were you on the call with Jan Gilbert? It was difficult to hear so I hung up. I'll wait on the email.

cmdtrgd said:
The audio quality on my call SUCKED! I heard about 1/3 of what my SM said (emailed her and asked for her notes, too!) and I'm not sure if I totally understand the challenge. What is the individual reward? I thought the Plug In Promo was individual and the team part was competing against other teams at our level???

I understood it to be:

Set a team recruiting goal. Those in the top 10 (combined results for July/Aug) get a trophy and a visit from a top HO person who will give out prizes and recognition at winners local team mtg.

"Plug - IN" promo just refers to the recruiter incentive for July. You get a kitchen appliance, hence "plug-in".

There is not an individual reward for the challenge other than the regular bonus that changes month to month.

Details are going to be posted on cc tomorrow.

finley1991 said:
I listened in on the call and I'm glad I did! My SM did a really good job this time and I think the promotions sound exciting. I'm probably most excited because I know we'll be adding at least 4 new consultants to my team in July anyway (one for me and 3 for my team) so that inspires me to add more!

I was on your call, Colleen. I heard you ask question. I've missed all calls with her. This was my first one. Glad to hear she's doing better.:D

I thought Jan Gilberts call was hard to hear and very confusing.

I just have to also add, for people who get on ANY conference calls and don't mute themselves, unless sitting in a room that has no outside noise, it's a distraction. PLEASE be respectful. I'd like to reach thru the phone and smack those who abuse it and get even more irate to the host of the call if they do not mute everyone. I am thankful that Jan did mute everyone today.

If you're offended because you fall under the offenders category, I'm not apologizing. PLEASE PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE. PLEASE and THANK YOU :D

And for all of those who are not offenders of that unwritten courtesy rule, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Thank you also for allowing me to rant.

Melissa78 said:

I just have to also add, for people who get on ANY conference calls and don't mute themselves, unless sitting in a room that has no outside noise, it's a distraction. PLEASE be respectful. I'd like to reach thru the phone and smack those who abuse it and get even more irate to the host of the call if they do not mute everyone. I am thankful that Jan did mute everyone today.

If you're offended because you fall under the offenders category, I'm not apologizing. PLEASE PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE. PLEASE and THANK YOU :D

And for all of those who are not offenders of that unwritten courtesy rule, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

That was part of the reason I hung up - lots of background noise and I agree, so so so rude!. And I just couldn't take the 'math lesson'....seriously, can people not figure that out?? That and, although Jan is a nice person, I always feel as though she is talking to a group of kindergarteners and not grown adults. Drives me insane! And, I'm in a pissy mood this afternoon so that doesn't help either...neighbors just called and invited me to the mexican restaurant, hopefully a margarita and a taco will improve my disposition :p

I totally missed my call today. Oops!

Linda - hope your cold margarita is your cure! I know how it feels to be in that mood. :)
Why do adults have to forget they are adults and remember their manners? Not a hard concept and its such an issue on calls. Most conf calls drive me nuts even when they are quiet b/c people talk over each other since you can't see who is about to talk and then its like an episode of "The View" where they all talk at once.

No wonder I don't normally care if I make the calls.

Melissa78 said:

On a different call but we had the same issue. So annoying!! Valerie even asked MULTIPLE xs for people to mute, yet we could still hear them talking and so on in the background. I have to REALLY listen when I'm on the call with her b/c of her accent I have a hard time understanding her w/out the extra noise.

I'd speak up and ask Valerie to please press *5 (I think it is) to MUTE ALL.

If anyone wants to come off they can press #6.

The sales mgrs should also learn to control it with the press of a button! ;)

I'm bad about making those calls. I think I've made 2 ever. But I've done Conference Calls and if there's more than about 5 people on the call I mute everyone & have them "raise their hand" to speak. I can see on the computer screen who's asking to talk & unmute just that one person, then mute them again to go to the next person. And the system tells just them when they've been unmuted & muted again. So I'm not like that DJ on the radio trying to get someone to realize that I'm actually talking to THEM! Seems like Corporate would have access to the same features.

Sheila said:
I'm bad about making those calls. I think I've made 2 ever. But I've done Conference Calls and if there's more than about 5 people on the call I mute everyone & have them "raise their hand" to speak. I can see on the computer screen who's asking to talk & unmute just that one person, then mute them again to go to the next person. And the system tells just them when they've been unmuted & muted again. So I'm not like that DJ on the radio trying to get someone to realize that I'm actually talking to THEM! Seems like Corporate would have access to the same features.

We had those same features on our call today. BUT there were still people not muting. Even after being asked several times to mute. It was very annoying. I hung up after half an hour...I found myself doing other computer work while I was listening in, and realized I wasn't even paying attention any longer. I just not good at long phone messages. I hate the phone to begin with, and try to keep it as short as possible, and I felt like what she was saying could have been said in about 15 minutes, without all of the pep talk.

I hung up on my call. It was ridiculously distracting, I couldn't understand her because of her accent and all the background noise, nonbody would mute, the call kept cutting in and out, you could hear people hang up, it was horrible. I don't care about a Trophy or a Toaster. And the funny part is, my team is recruiting....

As the moderator of the call, I'd have just muted everyone & opened it up for short interactions, then muted them all again. It never seems to go well when you are asking people to mute it themselves. They put down the phone & walk away to deal with a child & don't even know you are talking to them. :rolleyes: I used to do real estate calls & I hated how much time the moderator would waste trying to get people to mute their freaking phones. I was happy when they added the features where the moderator can do that! Weird that corporate doesn't USE that feature and mute everyone rather than let the distraction keep going.

Melissa78 said:
I'd speak up and ask Valerie to please press *5 (I think it is) to MUTE ALL.

If anyone wants to come off they can press #6.

The sales mgrs should also learn to control it with the press of a button! ;)

Agreed! Amy Neal was very good at that.

DebbieJ said:
Agreed! Amy Neal was very good at that.

Agreed! She is one of the few that uses Maestro for calls too so she has a whole dashboard she can see what is going on and where the background noise is coming from since she sends you a unique number to enter as your pin. I also like that you could d/l her calls as mp3s rather than using my air time on my phone or I could relisten a year from now if I wanted.

Melissa78 said:
rather than using my air time on my phone or I could relisten a year from now if I wanted.

When I have conference calls, I always call from gmail. It's FREE, it's great and easy and I can take notes and adjust the volume as needed. No one can tell when I talk that I'm on my computer. I don't run down the battery on my phone or use any airtime. Just a suggestion. :)

Our call was quiet this time because she know how to use the Maestro. She muted everyone at the same time which was nice. I do hate when people do not mute themselves. My cordless phone has a mute button on it. So I immediately push this when I get on the call. Most cell phones have their own way to mute, people should just do it automatically.

I found this last call way too long and I kept say to myself, get to the punch line. Why are we here?

Recruiting must be way down across the board for them to come up with this challenge. Have no interest in any of it. I recruit because I want to build a business. I teach my team to recruit because I want to build a business. The "rewards" are a side benefit.. sometimes they are nice and sometimes I could care less... I don't need another toaster, coffee maker etc. Money and PC $ is a motivator for me. Pay me for my performance.. keep the coffemaker! Now I know others will think this is awesome and work for the coffeemaker. But in the end I think people recruit when "they get it" They might stumble across a recruit but until the light bulb goes on the recruit is not going to be consistant.

cookingwithlove said:
Our call was quiet this time because she know how to use the Maestro. She muted everyone at the same time which was nice. I do hate when people do not mute themselves. My cordless phone has a mute button on it. So I immediately push this when I get on the call. Most cell phones have their own way to mute, people should just do it automatically.

I found this last call way too long and I kept say to myself, get to the punch line. Why are we here?

Exactly...that's why, after 35 minutes of listening with all kinds of background noise, I hung up.

pcjenni said:
Recruiting must be way down across the board for them to come up with this challenge. Have no interest in any of it. I recruit because I want to build a business. I teach my team to recruit because I want to build a business. The "rewards" are a side benefit.. sometimes they are nice and sometimes I could care less... I don't need another toaster, coffee maker etc. Money and PC $ is a motivator for me. Pay me for my performance.. keep the coffemaker! Now I know others will think this is awesome and work for the coffeemaker. But in the end I think people recruit when "they get it" They might stumble across a recruit but until the light bulb goes on the recruit is not going to be consistant.

Totally agree, Jenni. I'm also not into team trophies.

I was hoping for a BIG BANG...I am the main recruiter on my team. The rest are noobies and I have ONE who is a go=getter...the rest are just plugging along when/where they want. Maybe I will beat my best from last year...they were all my recruits...LOL. The call was annoying...I have a really hard time listening to V and I live in New Mexico! Just give me information please...I do not need to be inspired...I am already inspired...I am a director! Just give me the facts and let me run!

pcjenni said:

I agree with Jenni, I have to say I am surprised that we have another "gadget promotion" after we just had one this month. I earned the staycation for my kids, they got to pick one and I earned it for them (I am hoping the last one signs today or my oldest won't get his) I don't need an appliance right now, BUT I will secretly admit that I have been coveting the keurig coffee makers, I don't need one, I want one and can't afford to buy one:D But it would be cool to get one for free!! I wish they had some things that most people didn't already have in their kitchens. What I might do is turn around and use this for a promotion for my team.

pcjenni said:

This applies to the conference giveaways they are promoting, too. Mortgage/rent payments, free car--how about some cash towards expenses? THEN you'd have people register!

DebbieJ said:
This applies to the conference giveaways they are promoting, too. Mortgage/rent payments, free car--how about some cash towards expenses? THEN you'd have people register!

I agree. It is fun to see the excitement of the winner but I really wish they'd give things to everyone - like more business supplies or PC$ or... - instead of one person getting a big prize. I liked it better when they did a computer or a grill to one person and had lots of other drawings (serve it up squad).

ChefCKHall said:
I was hoping for a BIG BANG...I am the main recruiter on my team. The rest are noobies and I have ONE who is a go=getter...the rest are just plugging along when/where they want. Maybe I will beat my best from last year...they were all my recruits...LOL.

The call was annoying...I have a really hard time listening to V and I live in New Mexico! Just give me information please...I do not need to be inspired...I am already inspired...I am a director! Just give me the facts and let me run!

Did you get the link for the inspirational youtube video from V? Mine didn't connect/work?

flemings99 said:
Did you get the link for the inspirational youtube video from V? Mine didn't connect/work?
No, did not know there was one!

1. What is the purpose of the "Director Call Today" at Pampered Chef?

The "Director Call Today" at Pampered Chef is a way for Directors to stay updated on the latest company news, policies, and events. It is also a chance for them to ask any questions they may have and receive guidance and support from their leaders.

2. When is the call and how long does it last?

The call is typically scheduled at least once a month and lasts for about 30 minutes.

3. Can anyone from Pampered Chef join the call or is it only for Directors?

The call is specifically for Directors, but some higher-level consultants may also be invited to participate.

4. What topics are usually covered in the "Director Call Today"?

The topics covered can vary, but some common ones include updates on new products, upcoming promotions and incentives, training opportunities, and any changes to company policies or procedures.

5. Is it necessary to listen to the call if you have a strong and supportive SM?

While it is always beneficial to stay informed and up-to-date on company news, if you have a supportive SM who can provide you with the information covered on the call, it may not be necessary for you to listen in. However, it is always a good idea to check with your SM beforehand to see if there are any important details or updates they want you to be aware of.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chef_kimmo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • Sheila