• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Direct Sales Companies in Trouble?

a pyramid scheme. We quickly got out and have never looked back.We've seen the Amway/Quixtar commercial. My thought was that they must be trying to clean up their image. I still don't trust them though!!
susanr613
Gold Member
I was intrigued to see commercials for both Mary Kay and Amway tonight. Mary Kay was on network news and Amway (new name Quixtar) was on either Food Network or Travel Channel.

I can understand Avon advertising - they do the retail store thing as well as direct sales. But Mary Kay and Amway? The only thing I can think of is that their direct sales are not doing well so they need to reach out.

Have you seen these commercials? What do you think?

I've seen the Amway/Quixtar commercial. My thought was that they must be trying to clean up their image. I still don't trust them though!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
I've seen the Amway/Quixtar commercial. My thought was that they must be trying to clean up their image. I still don't trust them though!!

Yep, have seen the Amway one lots of times around here.

Stampaholic1961 said:

That's funny, because I was going to say I've never heard anything good about Quixtar, so I can see them getting desperate for sales.

Sarah

I haven't seen either, but sounds odd.

yes, i bet they are trying to clean up their images...both are known for very pushy, almost cultish reps.

we all know WE'RE not cultish, right???????? LOLOLOL!!!!

susanr613 said:
yes, i bet they are trying to clean up their images...both are known for very pushy, almost cultish reps.

we all know WE'RE not cultish, right???????? LOLOLOL!!!!

No, we're not cultish, cliquish maybe but not cultish... :p;):rolleyes:

Mary Kay's been advertising a lot on network daytime TV lately. They've been hemmoraging consultants, and the recent compact change hasn't helped any.
I think that so many MK consultants are so pushy that they give a bad name to the rest, and people would rather not deal with that. But that's just my theory - your mileage may vary.

At least not until we get you to join CS!

Stampaholic1961 said:

No offense if anyone here does Amway, but the people I've encountered personally that talk about the business have been VERY pushy. One bugged my husband for 3 months! ...and trust me, DH said a firm no MANY times! We almost changed our phone number. (He was pushing Quixtar).

chefann said:
Mary Kay's been advertising a lot on network daytime TV lately. They've been hemmoraging consultants, and the recent compact change hasn't helped any.
I think that so many MK consultants are so pushy that they give a bad name to the rest, and people would rather not deal with that. But that's just my theory - your mileage may vary.

Yeah, I can't picture the Kat Lady being pushy and obnoxious...patient yes, not pushy. ;)

You can see the MK commercial for their new compact on their website. And the website has a whole new look as well. None of it impressed me at all.

WOW!!! I have been HOUNDED for the last week and a half by a MK rep/director. She is BEYOND pushy!!! I have been more than firm with her and have resorted to just not answering her calls anymore!!! She is determined that I can do MK AND PC....and I told her no thanks...and she doesn't get the hint!!!

I have been VERY fortunate with my MK Lady! She is an acquaintenace from church and does MK mainly for the discount. She doesn't need the $$, so she isn't pushy at all. I get the newsletters from her and every once in awhile I might get a call or something, but that is it. And she doesn't do in-home shows either... She used to do shows at her home and invite people, but has enough loyal customers that order regularly that she doesn't even do that anymore. I know she is there if I need something and that is just fine with me!

I said I would help a friend and take up MK orders for her. I thought I was having trouble getting PC orders!!! I think I only have about $35 in orders. Man is she going to be way disappointed!

Fortunately for me, the MK lady that I deal with is a total gem! I do "love" her and right after I met her (at a vendor open house thing) I told her that if she ever decided that she wanted a change that I would soooo love to have her on my team because she is truly a fantastic person!!
As for Quixstar, we sort-of got rooked into it about 5 years ago and quickly, oh so quickly figured out what it was all about. Cultish is a really good way to sum it up. The folks that got us to sign were just so weird about everything. I'm so completely skeptical of things and they were always telling me to lighten up. HA! I was just not easy pawn. I try to tell everyone I know about their "ways". It really isn't good. Not at all.

I don't know if there has already been a thread on this but Home Interiors filed Chapter 11 at the beginning of June. They are supposedly streamlining their line. Plus their candles will be made through a different company. It will be interesting to see their new catalog.

1. What are the signs that a direct sales company is in trouble?

There are a few key indicators that a direct sales company may be struggling. These can include declining sales, high employee turnover, a decrease in product quality, and a lack of innovation or adaptation to changing market trends.

2. How can I protect myself if I am currently working for a direct sales company that is in trouble?

If you are employed by a direct sales company that is facing challenges, it is important to stay informed about the company's financial health and future plans. You may also want to consider diversifying your income sources and building a strong personal brand to make yourself more marketable in case of job loss.

3. What steps can direct sales companies take to turn things around and avoid going out of business?

Direct sales companies can take several actions to try to improve their financial situation and avoid going out of business. These may include implementing cost-cutting measures, updating their product offerings, investing in marketing and advertising, and improving their training and support programs for their sales representatives.

4. What should I do if I am a customer of a direct sales company that is struggling?

If you are a customer of a direct sales company that is facing challenges, it is important to communicate your concerns to the company and give them a chance to address them. You may also want to consider supporting the company by making purchases or providing positive reviews and referrals to help them stay afloat.

5. How can I determine if a direct sales company is a good opportunity or if it is in danger of failing?

Before joining a direct sales company, it is important to do your research and carefully evaluate the company's financial health, track record, and potential for growth. You can also reach out to current or former sales representatives to get their perspective and ask questions about the company's stability and success. If you have any doubts or concerns, it may be best to avoid joining the company and exploring other opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK