• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent How Does Pampered Chef Differ From Other Direct Sales Companies?

In summary, Pampered Chef is a great company because their products are practical and useful for practically everyone, their host reward program is generous, and they are easy to work with.
TheFreddiesCook
So how much better it really is? Why not have a business with Mary Kay or Tastefully Simple, or Avon, or some home decor company?

I've been asked this as part of the game for points questions, and got very nervous because I really did not have a solid answer. I don't know how these other companies really treat their hosts, guests, and consultants. Any ideas?

Why should they choose Pampered Chef?

I know I chose it because I find it the most useful, make up and decorations are to me something not as essential as eating and having the right tools. plus all the benefits they give the hosts and guests seem to be pretty generous, but I have not researched what other companies do...

I agree, I love PC because it is very practical and the recipes help me with my food budget and time with my family. Before I was a consultant, I had hosted MANY parties. PC was the only parties that my husband liked. If I was every invited to another direct sales company, example: home decorating, pocketbooks, ect, my husband would always complain. :grumpy:
To me that is a great incentive, knowing that people are more willing to book PC parties.
I had compared PC to other direct sales companies a while ago. I think they have a great host reward program. By PC offering this, it helps consultants build our business. Which in return makes us $. The incentives for us to earn free products, trips and the training is invaluable. Also, by giving us the opportunity to build our business as a consultant all the way to executive level gives us the choice to be as successful as we need to be. Being able to be an independent consultant and running our business to fit our needs and schedules, all with the help and support of a great company.
I would go to other direct company web sites and review their host reward program. I know I wanted to have a wine tasting party and they wanted me to pay $40 for the wine plus food. As a thank you, I was given ONE free bottle of wine. Oh and a discount to the club, which they would bill my credit card monthly. I thought that's it.....big deal! :eek:
I know a jewelry sales company makes consultants pay to have a service to process the credit card payments. So they pay a monthly service for that plus the % of sales. So even if they get a bigger commission, they have more expenses.
If you write down a few good responses for this question, you will start to be more comfortable explaining it.

I agree with everything Lisa said. I was with one of the cosmetics companies for years, but never really sold much of anything (just enough to stay active, not actually make money). I hosted all of the different parties for other DS people, and honestly PC is the only one people ever really wanted to come to, and it was the only one that others ever really got bookings for. Granted, you have to put some effort into it, but if you try and you know your stuff you will get bookings. In the beginning I totally flopped and I still got lots of sales b/c they are great products and it is a company that customers believe in.
Everyone eats. Most people at least make some attempt at cooking at some time, so our products are useful to virtually everyone. I do hear a lot about how other companies have higher commission percentages, but IMHO our sales are so much higher, and the ease and ability to have frequent parties actually makes our paychecks higher.
I also love that you can make a good income with PC without recruiting. So many companies are set up so that the only way to really make money is to have a bunch of people under you. Yes, my goal is to be a director, but only b/c I truly believe that you can make money at this. I have definitely made a change in my families budget without recruiting, as can many others.
At our training mtg last week my AD broke down in tears (as did the rest of us). We were talking about recruiting, and she began telling us some of the stories of the people in the room (without identifying them)

- someone was a single mother who didn't have money to go to the grocery store that week, and borrowed money to start their business
- someone's family desperately needed her to go back to work but she couldn't b/c she had a chronically ill baby that couldn't go to day care
- someone was in an abusive relationship and needed extra money to help them get out
- someone lived in a beautiful home in a great neighborhood and looked like they had it all, but was about to be foreclosed on....

There were about 5 different similar stories in the room. The reality is that you never know where people are.

I think for the best answer you've hit the nail on the head--I love the products. I could never sell anything I don't believe in like I believe in PC. In the midst of the game, this is the best answer--it's short and true. As for comparing PC with other companies, I don't get into those kinds of things with people, especially if there is a crowd. It can sound like I'm bashing the other companies. If I'm talking with a recruit who is considering PC among other DS companies, I tell them that I know:

Some companies charge the consultant if someone uses a credit card. PC does not.Some companies charge the consultant for guest and/or host specials. PC does not.Some companies insist that consultants purchase a certain amount of new products whenever they change seasons. PC does not. Plus, the offer an opportunity to earn those new products free.Some companies require an annual fee in order to remain a consultant. PC does not.With some companies, when you go inactive you have to re-sign to continue with the company. With PC you have a grace period during which you can reactivate simply by turning in sales.
Again, these aren't things I discuss in a group. The only exception I can think of is if I were doing a group recruiting session. I also don't say which companies do what. I keep that very general. I suggest that recruits considering other DS companies talk with the reps from those companies about these issues. However, in the end, they really need to choose the company they're most passionate about.

Last edited:
You could probably not only say what Rae said about "I love the products", but maybe also "I don't know about how other DS Companies operate, but I love that I don't have to maintain inventory, pay for host specials or credit card fees out of my own pocket, or pay any annual fees to be a consultant or buy certain amounts of product each season, but in fact- I get the chance to EARN those products for FREE!" So what Rae said, but without saying it about any specific DS company or bashing anyone, and still working in a few of those key points that we know are true for PC. There may be someone in the group who's considering one of those other companies (or maybe is WITH one of those who charges them something), and it may peak their interest.

Ditto to all the above the products speak for themselves and the customer service is the best the in the world and you get friends for life.

I recently heard one consultant's answer to the question of why people would want to sell Pampered Chef.
She simply said, Everybody eats. Have you ever seen a house witout a kitchen?

Leslie, what you said about your training meeting, brought tears to my eyes.
It sounds like you have a great supporting team that really cares about you.
How many companies could you really say that about. :angel:

Everybody eats and everybody has a kitchen is probably the best answer!

The other DS companies are mostly specific to women. I sold Avon many moons ago and the income potential is very small compared to PC. I just got my very first commission check from PC for $293! It would have taken me several campaigns to make that with Avon and with PC I did it with 2 shows!

Some things that I have come across over the years include no fees for our Host Program, no deliveries, no territories, no annual fee, no extra shipping fees, no credit card fees. Other things include a VERY generous host program (without the host paying a fee), a very generous consultant program, and GREAT training available, both online and off.

Ditto to the above comments, but here's something I would like to add. Check out this attachment. Is is awesome!!! I've had a few people tell me that 20% commission is horrible and I have used this guide to let them know just how GREAT it is! I have decided to include this in packets I give to people who are interested in the biz. ;)

Attachments

• whyjust20%commission.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 586

1. How does Pampered Chef differ from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef differs from other direct sales companies in several ways. One of the main differences is our focus on high-quality kitchen tools and products. We are also unique in that we offer cooking demonstrations and workshops, allowing customers to try our products before they buy. Additionally, our consultants receive extensive training and support to help them succeed in their business.

2. Are there any requirements to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid social security number. You also need to purchase a starter kit, which includes a variety of products and business materials to help you get started. There are no sales quotas or minimums to maintain as a consultant.

3. What sets Pampered Chef's products apart from other kitchenware brands?

Pampered Chef's products are designed with the home cook in mind. We use high-quality materials and innovative designs to make cooking easier and more enjoyable. Our products also come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can trust that you are getting the best value for your money.

4. How does Pampered Chef support its consultants?

Pampered Chef offers extensive training and support to help our consultants succeed. This includes online and in-person training, a personal website, and access to a community of consultants for advice and support. We also offer incentives and rewards for top-performing consultants.

5. What types of events does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of events, including cooking demonstrations, workshops, and fundraisers. Our consultants can also set up virtual parties for those who prefer to shop online. We also offer seasonal events and promotions to keep things exciting for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • June Moore
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sddmom2