• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dinner in No Time!!!Working on Something New and It's Working!!

This IS dinner in no time so let's not waste anytime by talking or playing games let's COOK! Last night I made the BBQ Chicken sandwiches had EVERYTHING ready and plated in 25 minutes!!!! I had 9 guest~~~ I sold 7 DCB!!!! 2 of the 3 that didn't buy I've already sold them one at another party and the 1 that didn't buy one booked a show to get one for FREE!! Plus I got 2 other bookings. I've done this now at 3 of my shows and the people LOVE IT! I had one lady come up and tell me last night that she never books any kind of party cause it's always so long. She said she likes how I cooked and talked about
lmradlein
Gold Member
Ok, I'm trying something new at my shows and it's working GREAT!!! I don't draw the shows out anymore. At the very beginning I introduce myself and ask how many have worked all day....if it's over half then I say I bet your ready to get home aren't you...I thank them for coming and then tell them that I respect their time and I say...This IS dinner in no time so let's not waste anytime by talking or playing games let's COOK! Last night I made the BBQ Chicken sandwiches had EVERYTHING ready and plated in 25 minutes!!!! I had 9 guest~~~ I sold 7 DCB!!!! 2 of the 3 that didn't buy I've already sold them one at another party and the 1 that didn't buy one booked a show to get one for FREE!! Plus I got 2 other bookings.

I've done this now at 3 of my shows and the people LOVE IT! I had one lady come up and tell me last night that she never books any kind of party cause it's always so long. She said she likes how I cooked and talked about the items loved seeing how much fun I was having not waist anytime....well she booked with me last night and she is thinking about signing up!!! WOOOHOOO!

Good for you!!! 7 DCB!!! WOW!!!

I keep my shows short too, but think I'll use some of your wording to say why I keep them short. Thanks!

That's great! I've been trying to figure out a way to improve my shows- but I was going to go the other direction...have the food READY as much as possible to put in the oven/microwave, and then talk/games while it cooks.But I like YOUR way better! :D I wouldn't have to think about my talk! (I get easily flustered and flub it all up.) Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Thank you for sharing!!! I love this - I'm giving it a shot at my next show.

Wonderful! I love it!

great idea - love your intro - i can see myself saying it - thanks so much for sharing!!

Thanks for sharing that, Leigh! Love it!

7 DCB??? Ok, I really want to try this. I have a September party with a ton of guests this would be great for. Thanks!!

I'm going to try it on Sunday at my show. I'll let you know how it goes.

WAHOO FOR YOU!!!!

love the wording and idea!!

I've got a Dinner Time in No time show tonight - so I'm glad I checked the forum today. I think this will be a great intro. I'd love it if I could sell 7! I'm also starting the DCB Bundle tonight too... Hope it goes well!

This is a great idea.

Wondering what you cooked?

pamperedlinda said:
bbq chicken sandwiches

sorry, didn't catch that. I really need to slow down and re-read sometimes

That is awesome. I will have to use that at my party Friday night.

Thanks for sharing.

Send that story to HO, they'd love to hear it!

WOW! GREAT idea, Thanks for sharing.....

OK, LOVE the idea....how did you make it? Please excuse the stupid question...I really want to get it right (planning on doing it tomorrow night!)

GREAT JOB!!

janetupnorth said:
Send that story to HO, they'd love to hear it!

I agree. Send it so we can read about it on our email soon! ;)

jwpamp said:
OK, LOVE the idea....how did you make it? Please excuse the stupid question...I really want to get it right (planning on doing it tomorrow night!)

GREAT JOB!!

I cooked it as if I was cooking it at home for my family. I cut the chicken up into tender pieces, placed them in the DCB put some EVOO on 'em added some BBQ Rub and cooked for 15min. While it was cooking I made my BBQ sause, took Chicken out put in BBQ sauce cooked it for 1:30 chopped up chicken added sause. I hope this helps. I did nothing major. I just showed them that it could be done in less than 30 min. and I think that is what I people want. When we take a 30 min or less dish and make it into a 45 min long event we didn't really show the true 30 min meal.

That is Terrific! I'd love results like that too!
Just wondering, do you do guest intro's at all?
What is your wording exactly for encouraging the baker?

VeronicaW said:
That is Terrific! I'd love results like that too!
Just wondering, do you do guest intro's at all?
What is your wording exactly for encouraging the baker?

I didn't last night cause it was a Sunday School class, everyone knew everyone already. I always intro myself as they come in the door.

lmradlein said:
I cooked it as if I was cooking it at home for my family. I cut the chicken up into tender pieces, placed them in the DCB put some EVOO on 'em added some BBQ Rub and cooked for 15min. While it was cooking I made my BBQ sause, took Chicken out put in BBQ sauce cooked it for 1:30 chopped up chicken added sause. I hope this helps. I did nothing major. I just showed them that it could be done in less than 30 min. and I think that is what I people want. When we take a 30 min or less dish and make it into a 45 min long event we didn't really show the true 30 min meal.

Okay, what does that stand for? My mind won't work right now. :)

pamperedpals said:
Okay, what does that stand for? My mind won't work right now. :)

Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

It's an abbreviation coined by Rachel Ray. I try not to use it so that I don't sound like her. I also don't use the word "sammie". :p

This is an awesome idea..I am still learning and my shows seem soooo long! LOL I think this would be a great idea for me to do until I get more comfortable:)

ChefBeckyD said:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

It's an abbreviation coined by Rachel Ray. I try not to use it so that I don't sound like her. I also don't use the word "sammie". :p

You soooooooo make me laugh! The word of hers that drives me nuts is "stoup" (thicker than a soup, thinner than a stew) :eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Yeah, I hate referring to a food as my daughter's name. Especially since we've always spelled it Sammie.

Could someone please post the recipe in a format for the host? I don't have the cookbook that it is in so I can't get it from PC recipe section. Thanks Much

Here's the recipe I got from CS, sounds delicious! What an awesome show outline! I wish I had done that at my show last week. There were 15 women and after intro's we went into the kitchen and I had 3 stations set up for interactive and it was like pulling teeth to get them to try the tools I had set up. I did have 3 ears of corn ready to cut and sold 8 Kernel cutter's! We weren't in the kitchen for long-about 10 minutes, then everyone thought the show was done, they were all talking. Only about 3 or 4 women came back into the living room with me and I couldn't get anyone's attention to go over my binder. From this point on, I will no longer do intro's! I had them mention their favorite product and say one word to describe the host, so it took way too long.
So, this is a nice way to keep it short, serve a quick and easy recipe and make it about your guests. I think people will really appreciate that.
Deb

Attachments

• Chicken BBQ Sandwiches.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 520
zmom58 said:
Here's the recipe I got from CS, sounds delicious! What an awesome show outline! I wish I had done that at my show last week. There were 15 women and after intro's we went into the kitchen and I had 3 stations set up for interactive and it was like pulling teeth to get them to try the tools I had set up. I did have 3 ears of corn ready to cut and sold 8 Kernel cutter's! We weren't in the kitchen for long-about 10 minutes, then everyone thought the show was done, they were all talking. Only about 3 or 4 women came back into the living room with me and I couldn't get anyone's attention to go over my binder. From this point on, I will no longer do intro's! I had them mention their favorite product and say one word to describe the host, so it took way too long.
So, this is a nice way to keep it short, serve a quick and easy recipe and make it about your guests. I think people will really appreciate that.
Deb

I stopped doing intros a couple years ago. I just felt like it was "blah blah blah blah...." and no one was all that interested. So, what I started doing was:
First - making sure I was all set up and ready to greet guests as they come into the party.
Second - Being ready with name tags, and welcoming each guest, and introducing myself as I write out each nametag. That way, I connect and chat with every guest as they are coming into the party.

This has worked out so well. I call people by name throughout my demo, and already know a little about them - so, for instance, when I am demoing stoneware, I can say "Sue, you told me before the party that you love your stoneware. What is it that you love best?", or "Mary, you said you use your batter bowl every day - what do you use it for?"

This is much better time-wise, and also it helps to keep peoples interest during the party. I've connected with them, and that really helps!

Just wondering.......

Instead of EVOO, and to use another one of our products, would you use the Garlic Infused Canola Oil?? I use that home, so that's probably what I would use.......too much with garlic??

Just curious.

Lisa

I'm so glad I re-found this thread. You really should be able to bookmark threads so you don't have to search for them. Anyway back to point at hand. I want to try this tomorrow. I have my first cooking show since June and those 2 were pure chaos and no one listened during demo's at either. One was my best to date but that was all due to the host. She collected several outside orders and went after my "carrots". Wouldn't even consider signing, feels a stigma with DS!:(

So anyway tomorrow's show is for veteran PC party goers. I'm not going to really try interactive (it never works for me) I want to do this wording that will fit with me. So this is my plan. Show starts at 6:30. Have host have guests ready to start a 6:35 do quick introductions and I can be doing last minute prep during . Do the who's worked all day........ and make recipe. I'm doing mexican chicken lasagne so while cooking, do my speel and booking slide and explain full service checkout. While they eat and finish orders I start clean up. Make it possible to have 3 piles for each speed of guest and call them accordingly.

Or maybe instead of introductions, I'll try to greet everyone as they arrive. That way I can use the full service checkout to learn about what they need and have that angle to my advantage.

Any input?

kcmckay said:
I'm so glad I re-found this thread. You really should be able to bookmark threads so you don't have to search for them. Anyway back to point at hand. I want to try this tomorrow. I have my first cooking show since June and those 2 were pure chaos and no one listened during demo's at either. One was my best to date but that was all due to the host. She collected several outside orders and went after my "carrots". Wouldn't even consider signing, feels a stigma with DS!:(

So anyway tomorrow's show is for veteran PC party goers. I'm not going to really try interactive (it never works for me) I want to do this wording that will fit with me. So this is my plan. Show starts at 6:30. Have host have guests ready to start a 6:35 do quick introductions and I can be doing last minute prep during . Do the who's worked all day........ and make recipe. I'm doing mexican chicken lasagne so while cooking, do my speel and booking slide and explain full service checkout. While they eat and finish orders I start clean up. Make it possible to have 3 piles for each speed of guest and call them accordingly.

Or maybe instead of introductions, I'll try to greet everyone as they arrive. That way I can use the full service checkout to learn about what they need and have that angle to my advantage.

Any input?

You can - click thread tools and then subscribe to thread :)

kcmckay said:

Any input?

You can save threads! Under thread tools at the top, choose subscribe to this thread. They will show up in your USER CP.

Thank you so much for posting the recipe. I want to make it tomorrow. I have a
pork tenderloin, and plan to cut it into 3 inch lengths to make it easy to "chop" with the salad shears. Maybe I will throw in a couple of chicken fillets, so I can compare them.
It would be so great to be able to make this at home. We pay an average of $4.95 every time we order one out.

I am going to try this at the next show! Does the DCB usually fit in microwaves? Mine is too small, but then again, its 10yo.

AJPratt said:
I am going to try this at the next show! Does the DCB usually fit in microwaves? Mine is too small, but then again, its 10yo.

Always
check with the host about the size of the microwave. I've seen alot of them that are 12" wide, even new ones. The DCB needs at least 13 inches. You don't want to be surprised when you get to a host's house and find out the DCB doesn't fit. :eek:

I don't have the salad choppers so I used the new kitchen shears to cut up the chicken. Works great!

PamperedchefDaly said:

Always
check with the host about the size of the microwave. I've seen alot of them that are 12" wide, even new ones. The DCB needs at least 13 inches. You don't want to be surprised when you get to a host's house and find out the DCB doesn't fit. :eek:

DOH! :eek: I completely forgot to have the host for tonight's show to check the size of her microwave and I can't get in touch with her right now. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm going to go on faith that it will fit... Or I may have to ask the past host, from whom this show was booked, to bring her microwave when she comes to the show. :rolleyes:

Good to have a backup!

AJPratt said:
Good to have a backup!

Think we could write off a microwave we purchased, to take to shows jic the DCB doesn't fit? (I drive a Toyota Sequoia and could fit a microwave in the back along with the strollers and other kid gear)

:angel:

ChefJoyJ said:
Think we could write off a microwave we purchased, to take to shows jic the DCB doesn't fit? (I drive a Toyota Sequoia and could fit a microwave in the back along with the strollers and other kid gear)

:angel:

Of course... you bought it for a show!

Beckycooks said:
I don't have the salad choppers so I used the new kitchen shears to cut up the chicken. Works great!

They just take longer...much longer. Plus, Salad choppers are 25 and the kitchen shears are 16.50 :chef:

This idea is brilliant... I did the same concept at my show on Saturday... I did the 30 min. chicken and i did what I call herbed sweet potatoes (mmmmmm so good). I barely did a thing and the party is at $895 and she's still not ready to close! This was by far the easiest party that I've ever done.

and for those of you wondering about the herbed sweet potatoes:
preheat oven to 400 or 450
1 large sweet potato cut into small cubes
place in a bowl with a little olive oil and italian seasoning (and a little salt)
mix well and microwave for 3 mins (to soften)
spread cubes on baking stone (any one will do)
bake until the chicken is ready! (so 15-30 mins)
(mix/flip halfway through and sprinkle with a little salt)

simple easy delicious :)

Hi,
What if you were using this theme show on the weekend? Any word ideas, phrases or other suggestions??? Thanks!

what is the DCB bundle?

Thank you Noora!

I am new at this and have my first show on thursday. where is the recipe for the bbq sandwiches? thanks for the ideas i really appreciate any help i can get.

On the consultants home page at the bottom there is a link to Deep Covered Baker recipes...BBQ Pork mini sandwiches. There is also a BBQ Chicken mini sand. recipe here on CS, check the files. I have it saved too if you can't find it.
Deb

<h2>1. How long does it take to prepare the BBQ chicken sandwiches?</h2><p>The BBQ chicken sandwiches can be prepared and plated in just 25 minutes, making it a perfect option for busy weeknights!</p><h2>2. How many guests do you typically have at your shows?</h2><p>I usually have around 9 guests at my shows, but the great thing about this quick and easy dinner option is that it can easily be scaled up or down for larger or smaller groups.</p><h2>3. How many Dutch ovens have you sold using this method?</h2><p>I have sold 7 Dutch ovens at my last 3 shows using this method. It's a great way to showcase the versatility and efficiency of this product.</p><h2>4. Do you still play games or do other traditional party activities?</h2><p>No, I have found that my guests appreciate not wasting any time and getting straight to the cooking. By cooking and talking about the products as we go, we are able to have fun and learn about the products at the same time.</p><h2>5. Have you seen an increase in bookings since implementing this new approach?</h2><p>Yes, I have seen an increase in bookings since starting this new approach. The guests appreciate the respect for their time and are more likely to book a show or even consider joining as a consultant themselves.</p>

1. How long does it take to prepare the BBQ chicken sandwiches?

The BBQ chicken sandwiches can be prepared and plated in just 25 minutes, making it a perfect option for busy weeknights!

2. How many guests do you typically have at your shows?

I usually have around 9 guests at my shows, but the great thing about this quick and easy dinner option is that it can easily be scaled up or down for larger or smaller groups.

3. How many Dutch ovens have you sold using this method?

I have sold 7 Dutch ovens at my last 3 shows using this method. It's a great way to showcase the versatility and efficiency of this product.

4. Do you still play games or do other traditional party activities?

No, I have found that my guests appreciate not wasting any time and getting straight to the cooking. By cooking and talking about the products as we go, we are able to have fun and learn about the products at the same time.

5. Have you seen an increase in bookings since implementing this new approach?

Yes, I have seen an increase in bookings since starting this new approach. The guests appreciate the respect for their time and are more likely to book a show or even consider joining as a consultant themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • crysboo