• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Um Quit Working - During a Show!

In summary, if your Um stops working during a show, it could be due to technical issues, overheating, or excessive use. To prevent this, make sure to fully charge it before use, take breaks during use, and handle it gently. If it stops working and is under warranty, you can request a replacement. If not, a new Um may need to be purchased. Troubleshooting steps include checking for a full charge and loose connections, resetting the device, or contacting customer service. It is not recommended to use the Um while it is charging to prevent damage.
ahammons
I just got home from a show where my UM didn't work!! :eek: Seriously, I tried, the host and a guest tried, it just wouldn't work! One of the hosts said "She did this on purpose to demonstrate the warranty!" lol
Anyone had this happen before??

I don't think I did too great with the show tonight anyway, but this just made it worse! At least I walked out of there with over $300 in sales so far. The host says she'll have the rest and will be ready to close tomorrow! :thumbup:

Hey, at least your host had a good line for you!

That happened to me a couple times....I finally figured out what was wrong! When you push the blade in - you have to make sure it clicks all the way in to place. It can look like it is in place, but there is one final little click that really locks it in there. If it's not all the way in, then the blade won't raise up when the guard passes over it.

Maybe that's what was wrong! The blade wouldn't come up, no matter what we did!

I was showing how the egg slicer plus cut perfect slices of mushrooms the other day when the wires broke and mushroom went flying EVERYWHERE!! I took that opportunity to tell about PC's wonderful warranty program!

Related to My Um Quit Working - During a Show!

1. Why did my Um quit working during the show?

There could be a few reasons why your Um stopped working during the show. It could be a simple technical issue, like a dead battery or a loose connection. It could also be due to overheating or excessive use. If none of these seem to be the problem, it's possible that your Um may need to be replaced.

2. How can I prevent my Um from quitting during a show?

To prevent your Um from quitting during a show, make sure to fully charge it before use and avoid using it for extended periods of time without breaks. It's also important to keep it away from heat sources and handle it gently to avoid any potential damage.

3. Can I get a replacement Um if mine stops working during a show?

Yes, if your Um stops working during a show and it is still under warranty, you can contact our customer service to request a replacement. However, if the warranty has expired, you may need to purchase a new Um.

4. Is there a way to troubleshoot my Um if it stops working during a show?

Yes, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot your Um if it stops working during a show. First, check to make sure it is fully charged and that there are no loose connections. If that doesn't work, try resetting the device or contacting customer service for further assistance.

5. Can I use my Um while it is charging?

No, it is not recommended to use your Um while it is charging. This can cause damage to the device and potentially make it stop working. It's best to fully charge it before use and avoid using it while it is plugged in.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • cookingwith_tara
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies