• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dilemma: Should I Participate in Festival Despite Previous Participant?

In the end, it's best to just ask.In summary, the festival coordinator told me that they are allowing both me and the other consultant to attend, but the other consultant is the "senior" consultant and has participated in past festivals. However, she is not happy about it and is demanding that I bow out. I am deciding whether to go or
Leigh0725
Okay, so I'm in a dilemma here. I came across a festival that is being held in December and made the appropriate calls to the event coordinator. He said they don't have a PC rep and that I will be on his list to participate. Well, today he called and said that there is a gal that they have had in the past that has come to the festivals/fairs that this town has. From what he told me, I was the first to contact them, however, this lady is who has participated in the past (not this particular festival but others). So he said, "I'm not sure what your rules are for PC, but we'll allow both of you to be at the festival so that we don't have to choose." So I'm thinking, 1). we can't have this, and 2). I have no clue what to say to him. I feel like I should be the one to participate since I was the first one to contact. With other fairs/festivals that I have come into contact with, being a previous participant doesn't gaurantee you automatic participation. Don't know what to do.

Can you try to get in touch with the other person and try to have a great set up together?

If you know the name, contact her and see what she thinks. If you are both there you are competing for position and people unless you share a booth and work it out...

Of course they will allow both, they want booths filled!

You were the first to register for this particular festival, so on those grounds, I think you win "seniority"...she has participated in other festivals.

I have been in the same situation. As stated before, try to contact her to see what her thoughts are. Maybe she just feels she "needs to be there" and if there is someone else to take her place, she may want YOU to do it. The coordinator may not have heard from the other consultant yet and wants to cover his bases too.

If it comes down to having two booths, I would graciously bow out. Let the coordinator know that it would put the guests attending the event in an awkward position too. I am sure they will understand. Hope this helps! And keep looking for other events. There are lots going on at this time of the year.

ConnieR said:
I have been in the same situation. As stated before, try to contact her to see what her thoughts are. Maybe she just feels she "needs to be there" and if there is someone else to take her place, she may want YOU to do it. The coordinator may not have heard from the other consultant yet and wants to cover his bases too.

If it comes down to having two booths, I would graciously bow out. Let the coordinator know that it would put the guests attending the event in an awkward position too. I am sure they will understand. Hope this helps! And keep looking for other events. There are lots going on at this time of the year.

Hey Connie - where in WI are you?

Thanks! I will give the coordinator a call tomorrow morning and see what he says. Combing the booth is a good idea. If not, I will just bow out. The downside of the festival is that it's outdoors! Brrrrrr! ;)

You could do a combined booth and/or take shifts. Maybe you could use the same booth space, props and such... but just each do an hour solo and then switch off, back and forth. That would make having breaks and such easier too, especially if it's a long one (and it being outside)..

Well, I contacted her and she put up a huge stink about how I'm taking her business away and that she has been the PC person involved in this event for quite some time. I can understand that she feels that this is her event, but it is not my fault that the folks who are organizing it changed it to first come first serve. She wouldn't even budge on the idea of sharing a booth b/c she does a lot of cash and carry. She said I could still have my booth and I had thought that it was against policy to have more than one PC booth at an event (PC Policy that is). I went ahead and bowed out as I didn't want to deal with it.

I had this happen at a job fair. What I learned is that a lot people, even those who coordinate these types of events, don't realize that DS booths work differently than other booths. For instance, have two booths that sell clothing is not a big deal, people choose what they want and roll with it.

When I explained to the coordinators how our businesses work (i.e., it's about contacts not sales, we're building a customer base, not a one-time contact), they understood, and told the second gal that they wouldn't be able to accomate her because I had signed first. I also explained that it is common for fairs to limit DS companies to one booth per company because of this fact. With my particular situation, I had done the job fair the past couple of years, and they held it for me unless I wasn't able to do it, which I really appreciated.

I never contacted the other gal myself, it would have been too ackward. I know it's too late for this one, but keep it in mind for the next (and there will be!). For the most part, once an organizer understands why there shouldn't be two, they will work you...If they won't, it's probably not worth it.

1. Should I participate in the festival even though I was a previous participant?

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and goals. Participating in the festival again can provide valuable networking opportunities and help you showcase any growth or changes in your business since the last time you participated. However, if you feel that participating again would not benefit your business, it may be best to explore other opportunities.

2. Will participating in the festival again affect my reputation as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Participating in a festival multiple times does not necessarily reflect negatively on your reputation as a consultant. In fact, it can show your dedication and commitment to your business. However, if you feel that it may affect your reputation in a negative way, it may be best to consider other options.

3. Can I expect different results if I participate in the festival again?

It is possible to see different results from participating in the festival again, especially if you have made changes or improvements to your business since the last time. However, it is important to keep in mind that there are many factors that can influence your success at a festival, and it is not guaranteed to be the same every time.

4. How can I make my participation in the festival more successful this time around?

There are many ways to increase your chances of success at a festival, such as having a well-designed booth, offering special promotions or discounts, and actively engaging with potential customers. It may also be helpful to reflect on your previous experience and make any necessary changes or improvements.

5. Are there any advantages to participating in the festival again?

Participating in the festival again can have several advantages, such as building on existing relationships with customers, networking with other vendors, and potentially reaching a new audience. It can also be a valuable learning experience and help you refine your marketing and sales strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristina21
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • Trish in Texas