• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Judging at a Chocolate Festival

In summary, the chocolate festival head said that I could enter a cake made with PC products, but she said that it would have to be a PC recipe. She also said that if I wanted to win a contest, I should do my best cake.
cewcooks
I contacted the head of chocolate festival in my area for next month. She said I could not have a table set up with PC products but I could as an amateaur enter 2 cakes one to be sampled and one to be judged. Could I enter a PC cake as a PC consultant, I was thinking 10 min chocolate cake in stoneware bundt pan and she said I could have my business cards out for everyone to take.

Do I get creative and create my own cake and enter it or go as a PC consultant?? Not sure what to do. I was also thinking I have my mom's chocolate cake recipe that I frequently used and it is sooo good, better than the box of course I could make 2 and enter those.. What are your thoughts?:)

If you are going to promote your business, then do a PC recipe. If you are wanting to win a contest do your best cake. If it were me, if the prize money wasn't an amazing amount I would promote my business it will make you more money in the long run...

Why do we have to do a PC recipe?? Just let them know you used PC products to make it. If you win.. they will be interested.. if they taste.. they will be interested. I'd go for the tastiest!!

Have you done this? Sounds interesting. I say that you use PC products, display it on Simple Additions and try to win. The microwave cakes are good when they're warm, but they are not going to win you any contests. Good luck....

I did not do this because I have a lady that postponed her show till feb 7th, the day of the chocolate festival, I will have to plan better next year and do this.. thanks for your tips

1. What is the judging process like at a chocolate festival?

The judging process at a chocolate festival typically involves a panel of judges tasting and evaluating various chocolate products based on criteria such as taste, presentation, and creativity. Each judge will have their own scoring system and will provide feedback on the products they have tried.

2. How are winners determined at a chocolate festival?

Winners at a chocolate festival are typically determined by tallying the scores from the judges' evaluations. The products with the highest overall scores will be declared the winners in their respective categories. Some festivals may also have a People's Choice award, where attendees can vote for their favorite product.

3. Can anyone be a judge at a chocolate festival?

No, typically judges at a chocolate festival are chosen based on their expertise in the food industry, specifically in the field of chocolate. They may be chefs, food critics, or other professionals with a strong knowledge and appreciation for chocolate.

4. Is there a specific type of chocolate that is judged at a chocolate festival?

Chocolate festivals often feature a variety of chocolate products, such as bars, truffles, cakes, and more. Judges will typically evaluate all types of chocolate products, but some festivals may have specific categories for different types of chocolate, such as dark, milk, or white chocolate.

5. Are there any prizes for winning at a chocolate festival?

Yes, many chocolate festivals offer prizes for the winners, such as cash prizes, gift baskets, or recognition in media and marketing materials. Some festivals may also offer opportunities for winners to showcase their products at future events or to partner with other businesses in the food industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • HeatherP19
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies