• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Storm Affect Your Chicago Conference Experience?

In summary, the conversation is about a group of people who attended a conference in Chicago. They experienced severe weather with pouring rain, lightning, and thunder. Despite the weather, they all managed to make it home safely, though some had longer delays and cancelled flights. They also bonded with each other and met new friends at the conference. Despite the difficult travel, they all enjoyed the conference and their time in Chicago.
DebbieJ
It jusat started POURING and LIGHTENING and THUNDER here in Chi-town. I hope you all made it home safely!

I got home safely...it's was just raining pretty hard here too. What a long day! (actually, 3 1/2 days, but who's counting?!?!)

Hi Chris!!! *waving wildly at my new Cheffer friend* :D

The 5 of us that traveled together got out just in time, lol.

We got a call after we'd landed in Syracuse for the drive home, that allot of others from our area (I believe 6 of them) got delayed and then cancelled for the night.........glad we were out of there before then!!

Lisa

I was sorry I missed Cheffer meeting, but saw people as days went on.

DebbieJ said:
Hi Chris!!! *waving wildly at my new Cheffer friend* :D

Hi Deb!! *waving wildly back* Hope you heard me yelling for you when you "walked" today!! :D

WE didn't fly out until today and went to Navy Pier last night. We didn't get to see the fireworks b/c of the storm, and had an INTERESTING bus ride back to the hotel (toto--we're not in Kansas anymore!!)
Luckily out flight was only delayed 10 minutes this afternoon. SOOOOOOO good to be home!

straitfan said:
WE didn't fly out until today and went to Navy Pier last night. We didn't get to see the fireworks b/c of the storm, and had an INTERESTING bus ride back to the hotel (toto--we're not in Kansas anymore!!)
Luckily out flight was only delayed 10 minutes this afternoon. SOOOOOOO good to be home!

My mother and I also stayed until today and went to Navy Pier last night. We were just starting to walk back to the Sheraton because the rain has eased up when we realized that the fireworks had just started. We stayed to watch them before walking back. It was a interesting show with fireworks and lightening going on at the same time. Sorry that you missed the show....

Caroline

I got home eventually but spent a lovely night in the airport I sort of explaine what happened in another thread

I have had 2 hours sleep so I fear if I try to explain anymore I might not make sense.

I was really worried about it. The lightning had started when I left at about 7:45 last night. We ended up almost an hour late, but considering I got stuck last year for 6 hours, it was all good.

We had a two hour weather delay, but actually got home only and hour later than scheduled.

We sat on the tarmac last night for 2 1/2 hours!!!! It was so stinkin hot on that plane I couldn't stand it! I sent an email to continental regarding their policy on this. They should have let us back into the terminal.

I took the train and we left on time! But wow! the lightening I saw through the glass above my head as I got on the train. I swear it looked like the lightening went through the glass. Probaly not but wow!
My director got stuck in Maryland where her plane switched and had a 14 hour layover there!

Our flight was canceled...
DebbieJ said:
It jusat started POURING and LIGHTENING and THUNDER here in Chi-town. I hope you all made it home safely!

What an ordeal!! There were five of us scheduled to fly home at 5:00 PM but the flight was cancelled. We had to wait standby for the next two flights but only one person got on. Long story short, we had to fly the next morning out of Midway so we had to drive in the lightening and rain from O'hare to Midway and stay in a disgusting hotel (we had to pay for the room - the airline said they're aren't responsible when a flight is canceled due to weather). It was so bad! But the conference was great, so I'm happy we went.

We had about a 3 1/2 hour delay, but they got us out of there and I got home at 2:30 am! I crawled in bed with my hubby at about 2:50 for less than an hour because he had to get up at 3:45 that morning for work! The next night my daughter couldn't sleep so by the time Friday night hit I CRASHED OUT! :eek: :D
But I still loved conference and Chicago!:D

1. What is "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." about?

"Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." is a cookbook filled with delicious and easy-to-make recipes that are perfect for busy families. It includes a variety of dishes, from appetizers to main courses to desserts, all designed to be made quickly and easily.

2. Who is the author of "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..."?

The author of "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." is a Pampered Chef consultant who has years of experience in the kitchen and a passion for creating tasty and convenient meals for her family and friends.

3. Are the recipes in "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options. Each recipe also includes a list of ingredients and possible substitutions to accommodate any allergies or dietary restrictions.

4. Can I purchase "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." online?

Yes, "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also purchase it through a Pampered Chef consultant at a party or directly from their website.

5. Are there any tips or tricks included in "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." for using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, "Whoa! The Storms Held Off..." includes helpful tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products in the recipes. It also includes suggestions for alternative kitchen tools if you do not have a specific Pampered Chef product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• buckeyefan08
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gratergirl
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
ChefShalon