• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Southern Illinois communities in need of prayers after severe storms?

In summary, 10 fatalities, 100's injured, and 5-6 still unaccounted for have been reported in Harrisburg, IL due to a tornado. The tornado was classified as an F4 with winds up to 170mph. My son was one of the few people who were able to go in and help with the aftermath.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
All,
I was awakened at 4:31 this morning to storm sirens and pounding winds/rains. Although my home and family were spared significant damage, there are now reports of 10 fatalities, 100's injured and 5-6 still unaccounted for in my neighboring town of Harrisburg, IL Please lift our communities up in your thoughts and prayers today.

Sending prayers to all and families.

NWS reported the tornado that hit Harrisburg, IL was an F4 with winds up to 170mph. Such a tragedy.

It is so sad! I have several consultants on my team from the Harrisburg area. Thankfully they are all safe. My son worked there as a volunteer yesterday and said that the devastation was more than pictures can even begin to describe. Lots of prayers needed for that community for many days to come.

my boyfriend volunteered as well. They were asking for people with chainsaws, but unfortunately he wasn't able to help because he wasn't a licensed contractor. They were issuing a limited amount of temporary licenses I believe (which doesn't make sense to me, so I may be misinformed). The recovery efforts took longer than expected too, so a lot of the volunteers just ended up organizing the incoming donations of food/water/supplies, etc. He also said that the pictures we've seen do no justice to the actual devastation. I'm thankful to have heard from every one of my friends that lives there, but can't help crying for the families that lost loved ones.

My son actually went in with medics and law enforcement. I have heard that they are keeping lots of restrictions on who they let in, and I have to say I can understand that. It is frightening how many people would take advantage of others in a situation like this, but we all know that some would. I know some of us in the Vienna area wanted to help coordinate taking food in to feed ems, law enforcement, and volunteers but were unable to get a name of anyone that could assist us in coordinating it. It's great to see how many people are pulling together to help Harrisburg through this tragedy.

We just called WSIL and they referred us to the First Baptist Church. They are working hand in hand with the Red Cross. I think our inland hurricane on May 8th a few years ago, made us all aware of the criminals that swarm to devastated areas which is why they crack down on 'volunteers' This makes me very happy. My BF was sad that he couldn't help more. Heck, he's National Guard and the state police didn't care! lol

I will definitely get in touch with the church then. I am planning on taking stuff up on Sunday. Rounding up lots of stuffed animals for the children and plan on taking food up as well. It is so sad how criminals will take advantage. Just sickening! If he is still interested in volunteering, let me know and I will see if I can help. My brother is a police officer and is helping out there providing security. Maybe he can help get him in touch with the right people.

Hey Brenda, glad you and your family are safe. So sorry to hear about this! Thinking about you ((hugs))

1. What is "Prayers for Southern Illinois"?

"Prayers for Southern Illinois" is a community-based initiative started by Pampered Chef to bring together individuals and families in Southern Illinois to pray for the well-being and prosperity of the region.

2. Who can participate in "Prayers for Southern Illinois"?

Anyone can participate in "Prayers for Southern Illinois" regardless of their religious beliefs. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us in spreading positivity and hope for the community.

3. How can I get involved in "Prayers for Southern Illinois"?

To get involved in "Prayers for Southern Illinois", you can sign up on our website to receive weekly prayer prompts and join our virtual prayer groups. You can also participate by sharing your own prayers and positive thoughts on social media using the hashtag #PrayersforSouthernIllinois.

4. Are there any specific guidelines for the prayers?

There are no specific guidelines for the prayers. We encourage individuals to pray in their own way, whether it be through traditional religious practices or simply sending positive thoughts and intentions towards the community.

5. How long will "Prayers for Southern Illinois" continue?

Our goal is to make "Prayers for Southern Illinois" an ongoing initiative to promote unity and positivity in the community. We will continue to provide weekly prayer prompts and virtual prayer groups for as long as there is a need for it.

Back