• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My Jacket Get Me New Customers?!

In summary, BeckyD's expert summarizer was excited to hear that she had gotten two orders from customers she had interacted with at her dad's retail store, despite the fact that she was not working there that day. She recommends getting the customers' contact information and calling them in a few days to follow up on their orders.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I don't know if you all read my previous thread but I work for my dad in a retail store. I am ALWAYS cold year round so I wear a jacket of some sort most of the time. I decided to purchase the white jacket w/black embrodery from Merrill b/c it was a close out (no price discount) but I thought the black on white would really "pop" while I'm out running errands. Well, today at work I was cold & didn't take my jacket off. Two customers noticed the PC & asked if I sold it & asked for a catalog!!!! YEA, YEA, YEA!! I'm so excited! So, now I'm going to order a lighter weight jacket I can wear too, b/c I started sweating in my jacket & finally had to take it off even though I didn't want to :) I'll let you know if the two people order from me. I gave them all my info on the catalog & told them about the 20% off stoneware.

BeckyD would be proud! She's all about being a walking advertisement. Let us know how things turn out. Follow up with them if possible. I know it's hard, but "it's our job to call them". I think BeckyD said that, too.
I ordered a jacket from Merrill and sent it back. I tried it on at Conference and really liked it, but I couldn't spend the money. I ordered in November or maybe October. It was horribly made. I could have bought better clothing for half the price at Walmart. This year I'll buy something at conference.

Congrats! My dad has a retail store and I work there once per week to help him out. I actually have a Merrill Lead Box and a little basket of cash n carry there. Plus, catalogs, of course. I have gotten several orders that way...when I'm not even there! I don't take much room and it's just funny when he calls and says that he has a customer there for me!

small suggestion
kaseydee said:
I don't know if you all read my previous thread but I work for my dad in a retail store. I am ALWAYS cold year round so I wear a jacket of some sort most of the time. I decided to purchase the white jacket w/black embrodery from Merrill b/c it was a close out (no price discount) but I thought the black on white would really "pop" while I'm out running errands. Well, today at work I was cold & didn't take my jacket off. Two customers noticed the PC & asked if I sold it & asked for a catalog!!!! YEA, YEA, YEA!! I'm so excited! So, now I'm going to order a lighter weight jacket I can wear too, b/c I started sweating in my jacket & finally had to take it off even though I didn't want to :) I'll let you know if the two people order from me. I gave them all my info on the catalog & told them about the 20% off stoneware.
that is so awesome - can I offer a small suggestion - a bit of advice someone in my upline gave me -

While handing out the catalog in circumstance like that (stranger interested in our products) see if you can get THEIR business card or contact information - quite often they get busy and forget, or just order off the internet (and not always your website) - offer to call them in a few days to discuss their order or book them for a show!! You have Nothing to loose and Everything to gain!!

I do have their names & number for one of them. Didn't think to say that to them about calling & checking up. The one I didn't get a number for asked if I had a mailing list & said she would go to my website & sign up.

For those of you who don't know the store we own is a franchise & I'm not suppose to sell anything else in the store. But I'm cold year round so wearing my jacket is something small I can do - I could NOT wear a shirt that said PC b/c we have shirts for the store. I use PC pens at the counter too. I have put 2 SA heart dish on my counter w/chocolates in them....."innocent" display :) No ones asked where I got them yet, but hoping someone might. I would LOVE to put a box or catalogs out for people to take but that is a HUGH no no. They don't even allow any religous items or personal pictures displayed in the store. (all stores are independently owned) So I have to watch what I say & do as far as PC goes. Keep coming w/ideas though. I am going to see about getting a vinyl window cling for my car (it's company owned).

I have been known to tell them I have a drawing later in the month and the winner will get a prize. Could be anything you want, but 'most' of mine get a free show from the second chance drawing. You could just tell them you have a drawing for a free show and they can all win the same prize. Then you have a reason to call them if you don't hear from them.

So are you in a cashier type spot? You may want to check with your director for other items that would have PC on them. Stapler, tape dispenser, etc. What about pins? You could put one on the store shirt. Also, I have a friend that has that jacket and gets a lot of comments. She's had others, but this one gets a lot more!!For me...it's my dad's store so I can do whatever I want. Lucky me.

I have a retail store that I run by myself. My dad owns it too but we have to follow rules of the franchise. I wouldn't worry but I get quite a few people in my store that use to work for the home office so I don't want them to "turn me in" for promoting another business or product. If I was at our main business that would be another story....I would have stuff over there but the guys at the front counter are unreliable when it comes to what they might say or do regarding the PC items.

What is "Omg! Great News!!"?

"Omg! Great News!!" is a social media campaign created by Pampered Chef to celebrate and share exciting news with our community.

How can I participate in "Omg! Great News!!"?

To participate, simply share your exciting news on social media using the hashtag #OmgGreatNews. You can also tag @PamperedChef in your post for a chance to be featured on our channels.

What types of news can I share?

You can share any type of positive news, big or small! This can include personal achievements, milestones, or simply something that made you happy.

How often does "Omg! Great News!!" happen?

The "Omg! Great News!!" campaign is ongoing, so you can share your good news anytime. We also feature our favorite posts on our social media channels every Friday.

Can I win anything by participating in "Omg! Great News!!"?

While there are no specific prizes for participating, we love to celebrate our community's good news and may feature your post on our social media channels, giving you exposure to thousands of people!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Judybabe
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • janetupnorth