• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did MIL peacefully pass away last night?

In summary, Linda's mother passed away last night after a long battle with colon cancer. She is at peace now and will be with her family in the afterlife.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Some of you may remember that my MIL was diagnosed with colon cancer this past January. She lost her battle in her sleep last night and is at peace now. Please say a little prayer for DH, FIL and SIL that they will be comforted. And, maybe another little one for me this afternoon when I tell DS (he knew his Nana was sick and going to die, but he really doesn't understand that it is forever ). Thanks.

Prayers and warm wishes Linda....for all.

Thanks Kristin.

How's your mom?

You're all in my thoughts :angel:

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks Kristin.

How's your mom?

We got good news. We found out right before Thanksgiving the doctors think they got it all. She's in physical rehab until Monday and then will have in-home care for a couple days. After that, she'll be with DH and I until I leave for Leadership. The most important thing for me right now is making this Christmas as special for her as I can (she's 84, frail, and after 20 years, still misses my father desperately.)

Thank you for asking.

Linda, I'm sorry for your family's loss, but am thankful that your MIL is at peace with the Father.

LInda, I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in my prayers. Especially when you tell your DS.

Oh Linda, I am SO sorry! I pray that God has given and will continue to give you the hugs that need to be delivered, the prayers that need lifting and most especially the comfort that only His Holy Spirit can provide. I have a book for kids about death... I think the name is "It Must Hurt Alot" but I need to double check that. One of my older girls just had their hands on it while we were sorting things and she stopped and said how meaningful that book has always been to her. I'll get back to you... I'm off to a show! May Jesus' arms be felt wrapped around each one of you.

:angel: Sending thoughts and prayers to all of my DCS cyber friends whose families are in need of some special vibes!

:( sorry for the loss--Its never easy..

Sorry Linda. (((HUGS)))

So sorry ..... Sending prayers, as well.

HUGS, and prayers

so sorry for your loss =(

Thanks everyone. DS actually took it very well. He's 6 and I don't think he will really understand that she is gone until we go to Colorado for the funeral and he doesn't see her.

All he said when I told him was "that makes me very sad" and "Is Gramps going to be lonely with out Nana?" We then called DH and Jacob talked to him and told him that Nana was in heaven with God.

Linda, I"m so sorry. HUGS and prayers to you!

Kris~I didn't realize you were going through such a rough patch as well. Prayers to your family as well. ;)

I'm so ver ysorry Linda.
Big hugs to you.
XOXO

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. Take care.

I'm sorry for your loss Linda~hugs coming your way.

Sorry for your family's loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this really rough time.

Linda I am so sorry. As you say, she is in peace, but it doesn't replace or lessen the feeling of great loss. Many hugs and prayers for you and your family. I am sure your DS will retain if not his memories, but the love his Nana had for him. It is surprizing how that will stay with a child even at his young age.

Safe travels and make sure to take care of yourself too. And a few extra hugs from DS will help your soul.

Kris, I am so sorry about your Mom. My Mom just turned 72 and a few years back she was on some medications that were not good for her. Seeing your parent so vulnerable and weakened just weighs so heavy.

Where I work, one of our employees lost her son to brain cancer 2 years ago this Sunday. He died on the eve of his 12th birthday. She has been so strong this week, but suddenly she broke down today and said she misses him so much. We had a good cry together and everyone hugged her. Then she had to go serve about 200 of our 600 kids! We reminised about John. He knew his Mom was upset and tired, but he would try to "tick" her off once in awhile (nothing major at all) then smile. He was not doing it to be mean, but to help her not think about all he was going through. Heaven certainly gained an angel on Dec. 7, 2006. I hope he is there, Linda, greeting Nana.

Linda, your family is my prayers. Sending hugs your way. Kris, I'm praying for your family as well. I hope this Christmas is a very special one for your mom.

Related to Did MIL peacefully pass away last night?

1. What should I do if my MIL passed away last night?

If your MIL passed away last night, first and foremost, take care of yourself and your loved ones. Allow yourself time to grieve and process your emotions. Reach out to friends and family for support during this difficult time.

2. What are the next steps after my MIL passed away last night?

After your MIL's passing, it is important to contact a funeral home to make arrangements for a funeral or memorial service. You will also need to obtain a death certificate and handle any legal matters, such as updating her will or handling her estate.

3. How can I honor my MIL's memory after she passed away last night?

There are many ways to honor your MIL's memory after her passing. You can create a memorial or tribute in her honor, plant a tree or garden, donate to a charity in her name, or simply share stories and memories of her with others.

4. What should I say to my spouse or family if their MIL passed away last night?

It can be difficult to know what to say to a loved one who is grieving the loss of their MIL. Simply offering your condolences and support can make a difference. You can also offer to help with any arrangements or tasks that need to be taken care of.

5. Is there any support available for me if my MIL passed away last night?

Yes, there are many resources and support groups available for those who have lost a loved one. You can reach out to a therapist, join a grief support group, or seek comfort in your faith. Don't be afraid to ask for help during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • jessinthekitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies