• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you experienced the loss of a beloved pet?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the loss of a beloved pet and the feelings of grief and sadness that come with it. The speaker shares their experience of losing two cats, Nermal and Nora, and expresses the importance of cherishing and showing love to pets while they are still with us. They also mention a new pet, Camilla Bean, but acknowledge that she is not the same as their previous cats. The conversation ends with a touching story about the "Rainbow Bridge," a place where pets go after they pass away, and the happy reunion that takes place between a pet and their owner.
afeller
Hi,
I new to all of this, but you all seem so caring and genuine, that I thought I would give this a try. I just need some thoughtsand prayers. Today, I lost my second cat since January. They were both older, Nermal, my 18 year old died in January of old old and my little, Persian Nora, passed away today. She was diagnosed with lung cancer two weeks ago. I did not even bring her to the vet because of her breathing. It was a shock to us. I found her when I came home from work. My pooch keeps searching the house for her, which is tearing me apart. It would not be as bad but mu DH is not home, he is out of town for work.

If you have a pet, just give them a little scratch and let know that you love because you never know when they will be gone.

Thanks for listening,

Alex

Sorry to hear of your loss...Rainbow Bridge'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'Author Unknown

afeller said:
Hi,
I new to all of this, but you all seem so caring and genuine, that I thought I would give this a try. I just need some thoughtsand prayers. Today, I lost my second cat since January. They were both older, Nermal, my 18 year old died in January of old old and my little, Persian Nora, passed away today. She was diagnosed with lung cancer two weeks ago. I did not even bring her to the vet because of her breathing. It was a shock to us. I found her when I came home from work. My pooch keeps searching the house for her, which is tearing me apart. It would not be as bad but mu DH is not home, he is out of town for work.

If you have a pet, just give them a little scratch and let know that you love because you never know when they will be gone.

Thanks for listening,

Alex

I shall attach links to pics of dear Gus and dear Weasel. Gus died from muscular atrophy from feline diabetis, and his brother- Weasel died 16 months later from a broken heart.

I bought Camilla Bean 4 months after Weasel left us- she is cute, and feisty, and I love her, but she is no Gus or Weasel. Here's to all the pets we've loved and lost!

Pooh, the pictures are too big, and I can't resize them, and try as I might I just haven't been able to comprehend the directions on how to attach a picture to my post- despite written directions from KG and Chefann...:confused:

Thanks!

Camilla Bean sounds like Nermal and Nora, cute an feisty. They ran the house.

janetupnorth said:
Sorry to hear of your loss...

Rainbow Bridge

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

Author Unknown

OMG. This has me drenched in tears. :cry: Thank you so much for sharing that. My in-laws had to put their Doberman, Cali, to sleep last week. She was only 7 years old, but had Lymphoma. She developed tumors all over her body. All of this happened in the last month or so. She showed no signs of slowing down or being weakened by this disease until a couple of weeks ago. The tumors swelled up so big in her neck that they were smooshing her esophagus so she was having a hard time breathing, drinking, eating etc. After a couple of extremely restless nights they decided to let her be in peace.

During this same time my little Pomeranian, Rusty, that I have had for 14 years got very sick. I took him to the vet a couple of weeks ago and they said his kidneys are about 75% destroyed. They didn't think he would make it through the night, but he is a trooper. We started feeding him "people food", since he decided he didn't like dog food anymore. He has started to put a little weight back on after being down to about 4 1/2 pounds. I still think we will be lucky if he makes it another couple of weeks, but right now he seems to be doing alright. We are just trying to enjoy the time we have with him and make him as comfortable as possible.

This has all been most devistating to my 6 year old DD. Anyway, I just wanted to say Thanks again for sharing this. I am going to pass it on to my in-laws too.

And Alex, I'm so sorry to hear you have been dealing with these losses as well. Sorry to take over you thread for a moment.

My heart goes out to you too. Your pooch is the same size as Nora was. Hug your dear daughter, I was her once at 6 as well. )I have always had animals, this is the first time in 31 years that I have not had a cat.) As long as you keep pets in her life, she will learn a lot. Animals can teach you great life lessons if you justt listen and watch. They are a lot smarter than people give them credit form. Rusty and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Thank you for sharing.

My parents put my dog to sleep when I was 7 and told me that he was just "going to work" with my Dad. Two weeks later I finally asked when he would be coming home and that is when they told me the truth.
I promised Haleigh (my DD) that I would never do that to her. I am very truthful with her about all of it. She knows that every day could be his last and we just have to be thankful for this extra time we have been given. She's a very bright kid and questions everything anyway. Thankfully my DS is only 2 and is too young to grasp what is going on.

ETA: We also have a boxer, so we will never be completely without animals in this house. I can't even imagine it.

Oh dear my heart goes out to you. My babies are my life and I love them more then anything. They are my "children". When my kitty passed she was about 18 years and my one dog looked everywhere for her so I know what it's like. At least your baby isn't in any pain now.

1. What is "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long?"

"Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" is a collection of recipes, tips, and tricks for cooking delicious and nutritious meals for your furry friends. It is designed for animal lovers who want to provide their pets with healthy homemade meals.

2. Are the recipes in "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" safe for all types of animals?

Yes, the recipes in "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" are safe for a variety of animals, including dogs, cats, and even small animals like rabbits and guinea pigs. However, it is always important to consult with your veterinarian before making any significant changes to your pet's diet.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make the recipes in "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long?"

No, the recipes in "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" can be made using basic kitchen equipment such as pots, pans, and utensils. However, having a food processor or blender can make preparation easier for some recipes.

4. Can I customize the recipes in "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" for my pet's specific dietary needs?

Yes, many of the recipes in "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" can be easily customized to accommodate your pet's specific dietary needs. For example, you can swap out ingredients for allergies or adjust portion sizes for weight management.

5. Is "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Yes, "Animal Lovers - Kind of Long" is suitable for all levels of cooking expertise. The recipes are designed to be easy to follow and use simple ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores. It's a great way to get started with cooking for your pets!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Karen