• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Diabetic-Friendly Recipes for Host's Show: Any Suggestions?

In summary, the Harvest Chicken Salad is a good low carb option for a show, as are the Fresh Tomato and Basil Bruschetta and the Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie. The Bananna Supreme can also be a good option if you are looking for a low carb dessert.
kltaylo
I have a host who booked a show for a couple months from now, so I have time to find a recipe for her show. My question....she just found out that she is diabetic. She was told to avoid breads, sweets, too many fruits...Do you guys have some recipe suggestions? I thought about the Harvest Chicken Salad, but I have already done that recipe for this group of friends. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks!

I have done shows where several guests were also diabetic, so I looked for low carb recipes.

One that was a HUGE hit with them is the Fresh Tomato and Basil Bruschetta, which is in the It's Good For You cookbook. Super easy, super yummy!!

I also did the new Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie for this same crowd, at another show. They absolutely loved it!!

These recipes do have bread, but it's low carb, overall. You might even be able to find some low carb pita bread to use too.

Another choice would be to consider a veggie tray with our dips, made with Pantry spices.
Or maybe a stir fry or even the Jerk Chicken Salad.

Basically, if you want it to be low carb, look for recipes that focus on meat, cheese, and/or veggies.

Best of luck!!
Paula

Low carb recipes and for a dessert you can make most any sugar free... my husband like the cookie sensational(the rest of name escapes me) and I use sugar free ingredients, substitute splenda for sugar and even use a sugar free cookie dough when I can find it or make my own

How about Colossal Chopped Salad. You could easily find/make a sugar free dressing. The 10-minute Pork Tenderloin, salad variation would work nice, too.

I forgot to add my husband is diabetic so I am aware the new recommended diet for diabetics is low in carbs. Its now not as big on cutting on sugar as it is carbs!

I am a diabetic and the mini veggie quiches fit in very well to the diabetic diet. Also I have done the apple berry salsa with splenda and sugar free jelly and on the cinnamon chips I do a splenda cinnamon blend. They are Yummy! The host will feel extra specia you took the time to Cater a recipe to her. I have tons of other ideas. If you are looking for something specific PM me.

I just made the Bananna Supreme using sugar free pudding and splenda in the crust. This dessert is already in the range for carbs/fats for my husband who was just diagnosed as diabetic a few weeks ago w/o using sugar free. He loved it since he is really missing desserts!

Related to Diabetic-Friendly Recipes for Host's Show: Any Suggestions?

1. What types of ingredients should I use for diabetic-friendly recipes?

For diabetic-friendly recipes, it is important to use ingredients that are low in sugar and carbohydrates. This includes using whole grains, lean proteins, and plenty of vegetables. You can also use sugar substitutes such as stevia or agave nectar to add sweetness without affecting blood sugar levels.

2. Can I still use my favorite Pampered Chef products for diabetic-friendly recipes?

Yes, you can still use your favorite Pampered Chef products for diabetic-friendly recipes. Our products are designed to make cooking healthy and easy, and many of them can be used for a variety of dietary needs. Just make sure to use the right ingredients and adjust the cooking method as needed.

3. Are there any specific dishes that are great for diabetic-friendly recipes?

There are plenty of dishes that can be made diabetic-friendly with a few simple substitutions. Some popular options include vegetable stir-fries, grilled fish or chicken, and roasted vegetables. You can also check out our website or catalog for specific recipes that are marked as diabetic-friendly.

4. How can I make sure my diabetic-friendly dishes still taste delicious?

The key to making diabetic-friendly dishes taste delicious is to use flavorful ingredients and seasonings. Herbs, spices, and citrus can add a lot of flavor without adding extra sugar or carbs. You can also experiment with different cooking methods, such as grilling, roasting, or using a slow cooker, to enhance the flavors of your dishes.

5. Can I make diabetic-friendly desserts for my host's show?

Yes, you can absolutely make diabetic-friendly desserts for your host's show. There are many delicious dessert options that are low in sugar and carbs, such as fruit-based desserts, low-carb cheesecake, or sugar-free pudding. You can also use our products to make homemade sugar-free treats, such as energy balls or granola bars.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • hoosiergrad802