• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Diabetic Friendly & Lactose/Whey Free

In summary, a recipe is considered diabetic friendly if it uses ingredients that are low in sugar, carbohydrates, and unhealthy fats, and includes high-fiber foods and lean proteins. Not all Pampered Chef recipes are suitable for those with lactose intolerance, but there are lactose-free options and dairy substitutes available. People with diabetes can still enjoy desserts by using natural sweeteners or sugar-free alternatives. For those with lactose intolerance, good alternatives to whey protein include plant-based protein powders like pea, soy, or brown rice protein, as well as Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. There are no special tools or products required for cooking diabetic-friendly and lactose/whey-free meals, but a good quality blender or food processor, as well as
bridgetbakes
My latest host would like a recipe that is diabetic friendly AND lactose/whey free...I am TOTALLY stumped!! Anyone have ideas how to address ALL of these?:eek:

Incredible 30 Minute Chicken w/ Strawberry Spinach Salad.

ChefBeckyD said:
Incredible 30 Minute Chicken w/ Strawberry Spinach Salad.

Becky - Thanks for the idea. However, the dressing for the salad requires 1/3 a cup of sugar...would that be considered diabetic friendly?

It is a bit sugary... but you could probably substitute the sugar with Splenda. In that recipe, I don't believe the sugar is necessary for structural reasons, just to sweeten up the taste.

bridgetbakes said:
Becky - Thanks for the idea. However, the dressing for the salad requires 1/3 a cup of sugar...would that be considered diabetic friendly?

I've had hosts use Splenda with no noticeable difference in taste.

1. What makes a recipe diabetic friendly?

A recipe is considered diabetic friendly when it uses ingredients that are low in sugar, carbohydrates, and unhealthy fats. It also includes high-fiber foods and lean proteins to help manage blood sugar levels.

2. Are all Pampered Chef recipes suitable for those with lactose intolerance?

No, not all of our recipes are suitable for those with lactose intolerance. However, we do offer a variety of lactose-free options and substitutions for our recipes that contain dairy products.

3. Can I still enjoy desserts if I have diabetes?

Yes, you can still enjoy desserts if you have diabetes. Our recipes use natural sweeteners like stevia or sugar-free alternatives to make delicious and diabetic-friendly desserts.

4. What are some good alternatives to whey protein for those who are lactose intolerant?

Some good alternatives to whey protein for those who are lactose intolerant include plant-based protein powders, such as pea protein, soy protein, or brown rice protein. You can also use Greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a lower lactose option.

5. Are there any special tools or products I should have for cooking diabetic-friendly and lactose/whey-free meals?

There are no special tools or products required for cooking diabetic-friendly and lactose/whey-free meals. However, having a good quality blender or food processor can be helpful for making alternative milk and protein sources. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of non-stick cookware and utensils that can make cooking these types of meals easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • lockhartkitchen