• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demo Tip for New Forged Steel Paring Knife

In summary, the new forged utility knife is very easy and safe to use, and can be used to cut through various foods.
cat
Gold Member
I am SOOO impressed! I had a day-old bagel in the fridge that I decided to cut and toast. I used my new forged steel paring knife and it cut through the bagel like butter! It was SOO easy and effortless to cut the hard, day-old bagel!!!!! Gonna do that at my next show to demo the knife!:D

Excellent idea! I am a stickler for great knives. I've been soooooo excited about these new ones.

By the way, just so it's easier to demo, I laid the bagel flat and cut it in half across the hole, so that I could stand up the half bagel on the cut side (so it's an arch) and slice it down the middle that way. Does that make sense? It's so you have a flat surface and the bagel isn't rolling as you cut.

I've also found cutting a cucumber w/the Sankuto is a good way to demo that. I get a guest to come up and do it :)

ETA: The guest that did this at a show last week booked a catalog show for Oct. Wonder if it was b/c she tested the knives ;)

Cutting a bagel that way is soooo much safer... you should give that as a cooking tip at your shows anyway. People go to the hospital all the time needing stitches for cutting themselves when trying to cut a bagel!
GREAT IDEA!
Thanks for sharing!
Jaye

Jaye -- how do you put it in the toaster if you cut it like that though?

I would think that you could put it in the toaster the same way... just do it 2 times (since the bagel is in 4ths...)

I just remember hearing on some programs the statistics of people who go to the ER for bagels... it's not funny... but it is... (in a non-funny way)

That's my thinking... then you can use the bamboo tongs to get it out of the toaster if it falls. :)

Jaye

oh! oh! I see! Put the bagel back together to make the sides halves again! Clever bagel eaters.

A guest slices a squash with my forged utility knife last week and then purchased it! They rally get to feel how great they are when they use them. She had other guest trying it out too!

I don't have any of the knives yet, but this really makes me want one!!

Related to Demo Tip for New Forged Steel Paring Knife

1. How do I properly hold the Forged Steel Paring Knife?

To hold the Forged Steel Paring Knife correctly, grasp the handle firmly with your dominant hand and place your index finger on the top of the blade for better control. Make sure your thumb is resting on the bolster or the back of the blade for stability.

2. Can the Forged Steel Paring Knife be used for cutting meat?

While the Forged Steel Paring Knife is primarily designed for peeling and slicing fruits and vegetables, it can also be used for cutting small pieces of meat. However, we recommend using a larger knife for cutting larger cuts of meat.

3. How do I keep the Forged Steel Paring Knife sharp?

To maintain the sharpness of your Forged Steel Paring Knife, we recommend regularly sharpening it with a sharpening stone or bringing it to a professional knife sharpener. Avoid using the knife on hard surfaces or using it to open cans, as this can dull the blade quickly.

4. Is the Forged Steel Paring Knife dishwasher safe?

No, we do not recommend putting the Forged Steel Paring Knife in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the blade and handle. Instead, hand wash the knife with warm soapy water and dry it immediately with a soft cloth.

5. Can I use the Forged Steel Paring Knife for chopping or dicing?

The Forged Steel Paring Knife is not designed for heavy chopping or dicing. It is best used for small, precise cuts such as peeling and trimming fruits and vegetables. For chopping and dicing, we recommend using a larger knife with a wider blade and more weight for better control.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefinHarmony
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Cindycooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies