• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Cut Their Finger yet With New Knives?

almost passed out when my finger started bleeding after slicing a lemon with my new paring knife. I had to use my girlfriend's dish gloves to finish the show. I've never had a knife that sharp before!
ChefinHarmony
Here's my story... I was sooooo nervous about using the Santuko - I was extra cautious. No problem there. Everyone loved it. Well, I get the Paring Knife out to slice a lemon and then I notice RED dripping off my finger!! :eek: I didn't even FEEL it! I don't have a clue how it happened! It bled, and bled and bled. I was so embarassed!! Thank goodness all the recipes were done and I was just "demo-ing" a lemon so we weren't going to eat it. The Host (my girlfriend) got me two band-aids - soaked them completely. I got new band-aids and then I ended up putting on one of her Rubber Dish gloves (one of the thick up to the elbow ones - BRIGHT PURPLE color too) to finish out the show!! You try totaling orders with a rubber glove on!! I think I am going to throw in some lighter thin gloves in my bag in case that happens again. I really think it could use a stitch because it was fine all day until I took a shower tonight and it started to bleed again. It's in the shape of a "v" so I think I must have knicked it with the tip of the knife somehow. Wow. I am so bad with knives, scissors, etc. My husband about paniced when he saw the new products we have to sell. He joked "how many trips to the ER do you plan to make? Do you get disability?" Just curious to see if anyone else ever had this happen at a show?!?!

ChefinHarmony said:
Here's my story... I was sooooo nervous about using the Santuko - I was extra cautious. No problem there. Everyone loved it. Well, I get the Paring Knife out to slice a lemon and then I notice RED dripping off my finger!! :eek: I didn't even FEEL it! I don't have a clue how it happened! It bled, and bled and bled. I was so embarassed!! Thank goodness all the recipes were done and I was just "demo-ing" a lemon so we weren't going to eat it. The Host (my girlfriend) got me two band-aids - soaked them completely. I got new band-aids and then I ended up putting on one of her Rubber Dish gloves (one of the thick up to the elbow ones - BRIGHT PURPLE color too) to finish out the show!! You try totaling orders with a rubber glove on!! I think I am going to throw in some lighter thin gloves in my bag in case that happens again. I really think it could use a stitch because it was fine all day until I took a shower tonight and it started to bleed again. It's in the shape of a "v" so I think I must have knicked it with the tip of the knife somehow. Wow. I am so bad with knives, scissors, etc. My husband about paniced when he saw the new products we have to sell. He joked "how many trips to the ER do you plan to make? Do you get disability?" Just curious to see if anyone else ever had this happen at a show?!?!

Unfortunatley(sp?)almost EVERYONE that watches IMO that...Stupid food network seems to get mesmorized into thinking they are all world famous Chefs...as a matter of fact I just got finished watching Rachel Ray on Letterman & she admitted cutting the tip off a few of her fingers a couple of times, burning her hair etc...So now we have to push THE Santoku:rolleyes: When I do get one, I will bring it to every show Let them look & touch as well as the Mandolin, apple wedger & a few other wonderfully sharp products we sell, while I feel we have enough products to show off without risking going to the emergency room!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've cut my finger two times on the new paring knife and my director has cut her finger badly at least twice on the santuko and new chefs knife.

My finger bled so bad it had my dishwater RED...Gross! I just about passed out and I went through 4-6 band-aids within 30 minutes. It was still bleeding a bit the next day. SO BE CAREFUL!!!!!

I hate to admit it, but I cut myself just getting my 5 inch knife out of the package! It had that cardboard cover and when I went to pull it off I hit the blade!! I've never had knives that sharp before!

So far I haven't cut my fingers using the knives, but I'm really careful now:).

Yep!I cut it while I was making salsa at home one day. It didn't bleed much at all though. I've also cut off the tips of several fingernails. That was just at home though. I wear gloves at my shows.

I have cut myself twice with the utility knife so far. And I also didn't even realize I was cut until I saw the blood. And it also just didn't want to stop bleeding. I was no where near needing stitches but wow!!! That thing is SO sharp! You know a knife is sharp when it can cut you and you don't even feel it.

ok my Mom has now cut herself 3 times. 2 times with the paring knife washing it. She was washing it on the sharp edge side. Then yesterday at my show, she carefully washed the knives and had the santoku knife propped up to dry and it fell and cut her. She said I have never had knives this sharp before. Even the ones that I bought that were never supposed to dull, they were dull after a few uses. We joke and go through the learned lessons.
1. Never wash a sharp object going against the sharp side
2. Never prop a sharp object up. Lay it flat.

My poor mom, she is now a PC adict just like me but is having to learn about quality sharp objects.

No, I have not cut myself with my knives. I've been using my Santoku daily since the day the UPS man delivered it in July. I also have the paring knife and have not cut myself with that one either.

One thing I'm considering, though, is taking a knife skills class. Find a cooking school near you or a high end kitchen store and see if they have a class to help you.

I am VERY careful with the knives because at my 2nd show which was 3 1/2 years ago I cut myself on the self-sharpening utility knife. Luckily it was when I was cleaning it afterwards....and it was my mom hosting the show! It's been my only injury with this job. So, I've been really careful with the forged cutlery. The only thing I've done is I poked the palm of my hand with the tiny tip of the forged cutlery utility knife. It only gave me a small papercut type thing, but I BARELY nicked it.

I'm very wary of guests wanting to try to use these knives. I had one try to cut a lime last night and it slipped a little and I had a terrible feeling for a second, but everything was fine. Be careful of this too!:D

DebbieJ said:
No, I have not cut myself with my knives. I've been using my Santoku daily since the day the UPS man delivered it in July. I also have the paring knife and have not cut myself with that one either.

One thing I'm considering, though, is taking a knife skills class. Find a cooking school near you or a high end kitchen store and see if they have a class to help you.

Any gourmet grocery stores have a cooking school. In TX, it's called Central Market. And you can write off the class, because it is training for your PC job :D

1. Can the new knives from Pampered Chef easily cut through skin?

No, our knives are designed to be sharp enough to easily cut through food, but not sharp enough to easily cut through skin. However, it is always important to handle knives with caution and use proper cutting techniques to avoid any accidents.

2. Are the new knives from Pampered Chef safe for children to use?

No, our knives are not recommended for use by children. It is important for adults to supervise children while using knives and to teach them proper knife safety.

3. Do the new knives from Pampered Chef come with a protective sheath?

Yes, all of our knives come with a protective sheath to help prevent any accidental cuts and to keep the blades sharp.

4. How often should I sharpen the new knives from Pampered Chef?

It is recommended to sharpen the knives before each use to maintain the sharpness and effectiveness of the blades. Our knives also come with a sharpening guide to help with proper sharpening techniques.

5. Can I use the new knives from Pampered Chef to cut through frozen foods?

While our knives are made with high-quality materials and are very sharp, it is not recommended to use them on frozen foods. This can cause damage to the blades and may result in injury. It is best to allow frozen foods to thaw before cutting them with our knives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies