• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Half-Price Knives: Warranty with Personal Sharpener?

In summary, the warranty for Half-Price Knives covers manufacturing defects and normal wear and tear, but does not cover damage caused by misuse or improper care. Registration is not required for the warranty, but it is recommended to keep the receipt or proof of purchase. The warranty lasts for the lifetime of the product and a personal sharpener is included with the knives. The personal sharpener is designed for Half-Price Knives but can also be used for sharpening other non-serrated knives with caution and following instructions carefully.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I have a host who is getting the set of knives for 1/2 price and was wondering if the warranty is void if she uses her own knife sharpener, versus using our honing tool.

I don't think so, but I just wanted to check with you guys. TIA.

I don't know that it would void the guarantee, but I would not recommend using a "sharpener". Honing and sharpening are different. Sharpening actually removes a bit of the blade each time, our knives should only be sharpened (professionally) every 1-2 years.

I wouldn't believe so. When the knives were introduced, HO talked about the knives needing to be professionally sharpened every 1-2 years. That being said, you may want to explain to her the difference between honing (re-aligning the blade) and sharpening (shaving the metal), and why the honing tool will keep the knives from wearing down too quickly. The product info guide should have good wording.

I recommend you call home office and ask. I doubt it would, but since it's a lifetime warranty, it's better not to assume.

Then post and share what they said. :)

I'd tell her that if she wants to sharpen her knives, go to JoAnn Fabrics or another craft/fabric store and inquire about "free sharpening events."

What is the warranty for Half-Price Knives?

The warranty for Half-Price Knives covers manufacturing defects and normal wear and tear. It does not cover damage caused by misuse or improper care.

Do I need to register my Half-Price Knives for the warranty?

No, registration is not required for the warranty. However, we recommend keeping your receipt or proof of purchase in case you need to make a claim.

How long does the warranty last?

The warranty for Half-Price Knives is for the lifetime of the product. If you experience any issues with your knives, please contact us for assistance.

What is included in the personal sharpener?

The personal sharpener included with Half-Price Knives is a compact and portable tool that allows you to easily sharpen your knives at home. It has a tungsten carbide sharpening surface and a ceramic honing surface.

Can I sharpen other knives with the personal sharpener?

While the personal sharpener is designed specifically for Half-Price Knives, it can also be used to sharpen other non-serrated knives. However, we recommend using caution and following the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your knives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Jasmine