• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Difference in Price Between Knives on Pages 31 and 32

In summary, the knives on page 31 are more expensive because they are made of different materials than the knives on page 32. The training audio in the Online Training Center can explain all of this better.
Kenzie09
I was curious as to why the knives on page 31 are more expensive than those on page 32 (the color coated knives and those with honing cases). If anyone could tell me what difference is, I'd greatly appreciate it!

The ones on 31 are Forged German Steel and made out of different materials than the other ones. Someone else would be able to better explain the differences, but it's basically what they're made of.

There is a great training audio in the Online Training Center which will explain all of this for you!

Also, check out the Product Information Guides on CC for more information.

Definitely check out the product training on consultant's corner. They really review the features AND benefits. The product info guide and audios are a smart thing for you to check out.

This is a reader's digest version (so be sure to do your training) - Our forged cutlery (the most expensive) are professional series that are backed with a lifetime warranty. The material and craftmanship is top of the line. There are 3 price points so that our consumers can opt for what they are needing at the moment. Our forged cutlery is a great investment and the last you'll buy.

See (from consultant's corner):

Attachments

• anatomy_knife.pdf
    166.9 KB · Views: 387
The short, easy answer is that hte cheaper ones are one sheet of stainless steel cookie-cut with a handle slapped on. The good ones are 3 layers that are forced into one under intense heat & pressure. And the blade continues all through the handle so the weight is evenly distributed & all the control is in the handle, rather than the blade. Both are good knives - one is an economy knife, the other is an investment...... at least, that's what I always say! :lol Hopefully I haven't been lying at all my shows!

Pedey said:
The short, easy answer is that hte cheaper ones are one sheet of stainless steel cookie-cut with a handle slapped on. The good ones are 3 layers that are forced into one under intense heat & pressure. And the blade continues all through the handle so the weight is evenly distributed & all the control is in the handle, rather than the blade. Both are good knives - one is an economy knife, the other is an investment.

..... at least, that's what I always say! :lol Hopefully I haven't been lying at all my shows!

Thanks! Thats a great way to describe it. At my shows, I've been sure to tell everyone that those knives have a full tang :]

I've looked on the online training center too.
Thanks so much!

It's a "good, better, best" sort of thing. :)

If you get a chance to get them in your hands, you'll know the difference right away. I even had a host let me hold her special Paula Deen knives. Felt like a color coated knife to me...same when she handed me one of her "good" knives. The color coated knives cut great, but are VERY light...the forged cutlery is so nice and weighted! I used to really like my self-honing knives until I got the 5 inch utility knife in my kit. Now that's the only one I want to use!

What is the difference in price between the knives on pages 31 and 32?

The difference in price between the knives on pages 31 and 32 varies depending on the specific model and features of the knife. Our knives range from affordable options to high-end, professional-grade knives. We strive to offer a variety of options to fit every budget and cooking need.

Why are some knives more expensive than others?

The price of a knife is determined by a combination of factors, including the type of steel used, the design and craftsmanship, and any additional features such as a ergonomic handle or special blade coating. Our more expensive knives are made with high-quality materials and are designed for professional use, while our more affordable options are still durable and effective for everyday use.

Are the more expensive knives worth the extra cost?

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. Our more expensive knives are made with premium materials and are designed to last for many years. They also often come with a longer warranty and may have additional features that make them easier to use. However, our more affordable knives are still high-quality and can be a great option for home cooks on a budget.

Do you offer any warranties for your knives?

Yes, all of our knives come with a limited warranty that covers any defects in materials or workmanship. The length of the warranty may vary depending on the specific knife. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a refund or exchange.

Can I sharpen the knives myself or do I need to send them to a professional?

It is recommended to have our knives professionally sharpened by a certified sharpener to maintain their quality and longevity. However, our knives are designed to hold their sharpness for a long time, and we also offer sharpening services for our customers if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • maddy123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pcleah