• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Winter Recipes: What to Cook in January

I'm going to do the Quick Microwave Chili in the DCB and then the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake to show cookware and stoneware.
pamperedape
In January?? I am stumped.

I'm doing the Truffle Brownie Cups and possibly something quick in the stoneware. I also thought of showing the cake in the SA heart...too many choices!!!

I'm thinking of doing the Smashed Potato Soup in the DCB (love mine now that I've got it!) in the microwave and Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies in the large bar pan. Shows some versatility and I can talk up the other points. I'm planning to really push the stones in January, because of the guest special. I'm also taking the Stoneware Inspiration cookbook to show off the other things you can do with them.

Good ideas Lisa! Got to try that Smashed Potato Soup!

I haven't decided yet. I'm doint either:

Chicken Tortilla soup (cookware) with a desert in either the DCB or fluted (Stoneware) in micro
OR
Beef Enchilada Casserole (29 min to dinner) in DCB (Stoneware) and Sweet cinnamon bites (cookware)

Sold 3 DCBs full price with the Casserole at a show and 3 cookbooks at a different show with the same recipe... That may be my winner. I really want to show off cookware too because I love it and want to talk it up for Feb bookings!

Last edited:
I'm doing Smashed Potato Soup in the DCB with biscuit bites, or Quick Turkey Chili w/ corn muffins - I am letting my hosts choose between the 2.And Lisa - I'm so glad you are loving your DCB!!! You'll have to share some of the things you are using it for - since you weren't sure how much you would use it.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm doing Smashed Potato Soup in the DCB with biscuit bites, or Quick Turkey Chili w/ corn muffins - I am letting my hosts choose between the 2.

And Lisa - I'm so glad you are loving your DCB!!! You'll have to share some of the things you are using it for - since you weren't sure how much you would use it.

So far I've used it just to make a tried and true recipe, my potato kugel and it came out GREAT! What was nice too was popping the lid on and keeping lots of heat in while other things baked so everything was ready for dinner at the same time! I'm totally in love with my mini-baker too... I made a corn pie recipe in it and it was PERFECT... I can definitely sell these things now. LOL Just need to find a place to store them in my kitchen... the eternal struggle continues. LOL

lkprescott said:
So far I've used it just to make a tried and true recipe, my potato kugel and it came out GREAT! What was nice too was popping the lid on and keeping lots of heat in while other things baked so everything was ready for dinner at the same time! I'm totally in love with my mini-baker too... I made a corn pie recipe in it and it was PERFECT... I can definitely sell these things now. LOL Just need to find a place to store them in my kitchen... the eternal struggle continues. LOL

At first, it was a matter of getting rid of all of my non-PC kitchen stuff, but now, I've done that.....and the struggle to find space for new stuff STILL continues!:rolleyes:

I might add the Smashed Potato Soup in the DCB - I did it last year in the cookware and it was a hit!

30-minute chicken; made it for a friend who then wanted to buy the dcb, artichoke cups (too tasty to drop), brownies...

ChefBeckyD said:
At first, it was a matter of getting rid of all of my non-PC kitchen stuff, but now, I've done that.....and the struggle to find space for new stuff STILL continues!:rolleyes:
I actually started doing that. I've got a box full of non-PC stuff going to Goodwill or Freecycle folks... but yea... my kitchen is small and ill-designed (pre-plumbing and pre-appliance so there's just no room for anything)... but we're getting there. I'm inspired to make enough through PC to work on making the space more useable and at least get everything that belongs in the kitchen, into the kitchen (the microwave and toaster oven and all my pots n pans live in the dining room LOL)...

I'm sticking with the rings while the weather is still cold. I can demonstrate the stoneware, and because the oven is on it makes the guest feel all cozy.And not to mention everybody loooooves the rings.

I'm planning on showing the Jerk Chicken Nachos and the Ribs in the DCB as ideas for Super Bowl parties.

I'm still at one recipe speed and still new to shows, so I figure those are easy enough for me.

I'm going to do the Quick Microwave Chili in the DCB and then the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake to show cookware and stoneware. Plan to promote the cookware to get Feb bookings.

someone fill me in on making the soups in the DCB in the microwave.
How long do you micro?

thx

cmdtrgd said:
I'm doing the Truffle Brownie Cups and possibly something quick in the stoneware. I also thought of showing the cake in the SA heart...too many choices!!!

what cake in the SA Heart?

My plan right now is Quick Turkey Chili in the micro with the DCB. A skillet cake would be an easy add on.

I'm doing soup and slipper- choice of smashed potato soup (Good for You Cookbook) or Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup. I'm using my 12" skillet to cook the soup. I'm using the 10" skillet to make garlic bites and the mini loaf pan for cornbread and to feature the stoneware.

PLUS- January is my birthday and 3 year with PC. With 10 confirmed guests, I'm making a microwave cake.

:thumbup:
lkprescott said:
I actually started doing that. I've got a box full of non-PC stuff going to Goodwill or Freecycle folks... but yea... my kitchen is small and ill-designed (pre-plumbing and pre-appliance so there's just no room for anything)... but we're getting there. I'm inspired to make enough through PC to work on making the space more useable and at least get everything that belongs in the kitchen, into the kitchen (the microwave and toaster oven and all my pots n pans live in the dining room LOL)...

I have 2 of those bookcase storage units with the doors that close (got them at Home Depot or Walmart/Target a few years ago) in my garage for my "extras" and not used frequently items. It keeps them dustfree, and I can pack in there and in my car. :)

I had a show today, and made the Quick Turkey Chili - $740 in sales later... :D Nobody there had a Food Chopper, so I made sure a couple people used it. I think I sold one to every person there!

chefann said:
I had a show today, and made the Quick Turkey Chili - $740 in sales later... :D Nobody there had a Food Chopper, so I made sure a couple people used it. I think I sold one to every person there!

Wow Ann! What a great show - congratulations! Was this one of your fundraisers?

Yep. The host is thrilled that she's earned over $100 already. They were a really fun bunch of ladies, too. I made Beer Bread to go with the chili, and that was a big hit, too. I think I sold 4 boxes.Just goes to show- they'll buy what you talk about. (Although nobody bought any stoneware.)

Just decided to do the Smashed Potatoe Soup in the DCB in the microwave!!!! Also gonna do the beer bread~made it as muffins tonight in the Stoneware Muffin Pan~changed cooking time to 30 mins @350 F...yummy!

Here is my plan if anyone is interested:

slice carrots with Mandoline
cut celery with Forged Santuko
Cut onion with Forged Santuko......then coarsely shop all with Food Chopper

place in DCB with 1 TBL Garlic Infused Canola Oil and cook for 4 mins with lid on

Add 1 can chicken broth opened with Smooth Edge Can Opener
Measure 1/2 cup milk into Easy Read Measuring Cup
Add Potatoes-stir with Stainless whisk

Cook 8 mins, covered

Add 1/2 cup sour cream measured in Measure All Cup
Snip fresh parsley in Prep Bowl with Kitchen Shears~add to soup

Cook 2 mins, covered

Mix Beer Bread in Classic Batter Bowl with Mix N Scraper; use Large Scoop to put mixture in 12 cup Muffin Pan

I know there is more I can show by adding some of the "extras" to the soup...what I have mentioned here shows $400+...maybe this will help my show average!

I thought I would make the Quick Turkey Chili, but was wondering if anyone has tried making the beer bread in our mini muffin pan? I don't have either of the stoneware loaf pans, but would like to make the bread to try to sell that too.

Related to Delicious Winter Recipes: What to Cook in January

1. What are some easy and healthy winter recipes to try in January?

January is the perfect time to focus on hearty and healthy meals. Some delicious winter recipes to try include roasted root vegetables, chicken and vegetable stir fry, lentil soup, and baked salmon with vegetables.

2. Can you recommend any vegetarian or vegan winter recipes for January?

Absolutely! Some tasty vegetarian and vegan options for January include lentil and vegetable curry, roasted vegetable and quinoa salad, butternut squash and black bean chili, and stuffed bell peppers with rice and beans.

3. What are some popular comfort food recipes for the cold winter months?

Winter is the perfect time to indulge in warm and cozy comfort foods. Popular recipes include mac and cheese, beef stew, shepherd's pie, and creamy chicken and vegetable casserole.

4. Are there any one-pot or slow cooker recipes that are perfect for January?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious one-pot and slow cooker recipes to try in January. Some favorites include slow cooker beef and vegetable soup, one-pot chicken and rice, slow cooker vegetarian chili, and one-pot creamy tomato pasta.

5. Can you suggest any recipes that incorporate seasonal winter produce?

Incorporating seasonal produce is a great way to add variety to your winter meals. Some tasty recipes that feature winter produce include roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, sweet potato and kale frittata, butternut squash and apple soup, and citrus and avocado salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Pampered Angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Suzy Englert
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies