• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Lighter Dessert Recipes Will You be Demonstrating at Your Shows?

Some people can't host a show but could use the DCB to feed their family.At first, I'm thinking it's not a problem to keep a DCB demo for the show...BUT...now I am trying to put myself in the place of a guest.How would YOU feel if you went to a DS show and the CENTERPIECE of the demo was somthing you COULD NOT order as a guest, but had to host?
RMDave
Gold Member
... what recipes will you be demoing at your shows?

Good bye Fajitas, 30-minute chicken (but .. but .. but its in the cookbook)

Good bye decide sales.

i'm stumped.

I'm still going to feature it -- if it's the only way to get it, I'm thinking my bookings will skyrocket! Especially when I tell people it's so incredibly popular they had to put it on stop-sell. :)

I'm still offering the cool crunchy tacos as a salad. I'm having good luck with it. I can switch back to doing the cake in the rice cooker if I want to do it as an add on.I have discovered if people want it bad enough they will book. We just need to listen to our customers and offer them options. Break it down... do you know 6 people who might spend $25? or 10 that will spend $15?

LOL, Dave! Great minds think alike.. I was opening up a similar thread :)

etteluap70PC said:
I'm still offering the cool crunchy tacos as a salad. I'm having good luck with it. I can switch back to doing the cake in the rice cooker if I want to do it as an add on.

I have discovered if people want it bad enough they will book. We just need to listen to our customers and offer them options. Break it down... do you know 6 people who might spend $25? or 10 that will spend $15?

That's what I'm doing for my shows too. I mostly just do Salad shows in the Summer anyway. I burned out on the Fajita show a couple years ago...I think I did it for shows for a year straight!

BUT I will be cooking my chicken in the DCB still, and talking about all it's wonders, and how by just hosting you can get it at a discount!

I guess what I don't understand is, why are you totally DISCONTINUING the DCB for your demos? It is a BOOKING tool! (and ALWAYS has been!) Why good bye fajitas, 30 min chicken, etc? I still feel that this DCB is the BEST product in the catalog and although I am ticked as heck about the circumstances, I'm not going to let that stop my demo and making sure all my hosts get it at an amazing price! It is an investment that is well worth working around this issue. 90% of my hosts book shows to get that baker at half off anyway. It's just the wording to the customers that they are out of luck if they want to buy it that has me stumped. Please don't abandon the product and the demos featuring it.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's what I'm doing for my shows too. I mostly just do Salad shows in the Summer anyway. I burned out on the Fajita show a couple years ago...I think I did it for shows for a year straight!

BUT I will be cooking my chicken in the DCB still, and talking about all it's wonders, and how by just hosting you can get it at a discount!

Exactly!!!!

chefsteph07 said:
I guess what I don't understand is, why are you totally DISCONTINUING the DCB for your demos? It is a BOOKING tool! (and ALWAYS has been!) Why good bye fajitas, 30 min chicken, etc? I still feel that this DCB is the BEST product in the catalog and although I am ticked as heck about the circumstances, I'm not going to let that stop my demo and making sure all my hosts get it at an amazing price! It is an investment that is well worth working around this issue. 90% of my hosts book shows to get that baker at half off anyway. It's just the wording to the customers that they are out of luck if they want to buy it that has me stumped. Please don't abandon the product and the demos featuring it.

You don't think that guests are going to feel manipulated? "And look at what you can order if you Host a show?"

Some people can't host a show but could use the DCB to feed their family.

At first, I'm thinking it's not a problem to keep a DCB demo for the show...BUT...now I am trying to put myself in the place of a guest.

How would YOU feel if you went to a DS show and the CENTERPIECE of the demo was somthing you COULD NOT order as a guest, but had to host?

I have been to other DS things that have shown host only bonuses/products, but they have not been the centerpiece. Those host only products are on display maybe - and talked about - but not the MAIN thing.

I'm not taking sides here, I am just trying to think how I would feel as a guest.

RMDave said:
You don't think that guests are going to feel manipulated? "And look at what you can order if you Host a show?"

I'm withe Dave. I can't see featuring it as the main tool in my demo when customers can't order it. If I were a customer at that show, I'd feel like I was tricked and that the consultant only wanted people to book shows.

It's my #1 selling item, but that's because it's the main focus of every demo I do. So, I think I will still do a chicken or something as an add-on, but now I need to find a new main demo to do.

I agree Kam.What I'm going to do is a normal demo (not sure what recipe yet) and as an afterthought use the DCB to make Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake™ and present it as a "special" if you book a show. No longer the Star. Relegated to the position of featured player. Never a bit part.

RMDave said:
I agree Kam.

What I'm going to do is a normal demo (not sure what recipe yet) and as an afterthought use the DCB to make Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake™ and present it as a "special" if you book a show. No longer the Star. Relegated to the position of featured player. Never a bit part.

Yes, I agree, there is nothing wrong with showing the wonders of this product. But, I really think I would feel bad making it the centerpiece of my only demo.

That is a good idea of using it for an add-on recipe.

I guess I'll still offer my same choices:Tools and Tastings™
Bites & Bevs (Jerk Chicken Nachos or Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa)
Summer Salads (Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad or Strawberry Spinach Salad)I'm debating on throwing a dessert option in there. I HATE dessert demos though because then everyone complains about watching their waistline, and I don't think they sell as much.

I am SO bummed. The DCB is my top seller! We have our cluster meeting tonight, so I'm sure we'll discuss it! I am SO bummed!:cry:

The DCB is the top reason my hosts have their own shows. Every single host I have had has gotten one so I am going to keep using it in my demo. I haven't done a show without it and don't plan to unless the microwave isn't big enough.

I am still going to do the Chicken Fajitas and other DCB recipes at my shows. I already feature a lot of other tools so there's lots for the guests to buy. I, too, get lots of people booking to get it at half price or free so this can only help and those that would have paid full price will pick something else for now.

It's a positive thing! See it in use, want it, have a party - more sales, more contacts, more everything. AND we can talk about how great and popular it is. AND we can say to those that just do not do parties or collect orders and would rather pay full price that while we don't know how soon it will be available to guests you can put your name on my list and I'll call you when they are so you can get yours too.

Frankly, I don't use the DCB very often anyway because it doesn't fit in every host's microwave!I think good recipes are:* Any salad
* Triffle
* Rice cooker or fluted stone (unique and you can bake a chicken in that too)
* The appetizer (the moroccan chicken one was a big hit at my last show and many people ordered the Season's Best and the Moroccan Rub. A whole $5.25, but multiplied over numerous orders, it adds up!)

RMDave said:
I agree Kam.

What I'm going to do is a normal demo (not sure what recipe yet) and as an afterthought use the DCB to make Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake™ and present it as a "special" if you book a show. No longer the Star. Relegated to the position of featured player. Never a bit part.

Hmm, didn't realize Keith had trademarked his recipe! :D:love:

mom4angela said:
I am SO bummed. The DCB is my top seller! We have our cluster meeting tonight, so I'm sure we'll discuss it! I am SO bummed!:cry:

I have a cluster meeting this evening also. Although I attend via Skype. I can hardly wait.

RMDave said:

I say that anyway to all the guests....there are much more things worthwhile in the catalog for the guests to order, as I mentioned, the majority of my guests will book to get the baker anyway, so...I am just going to talk up more of the other products in the catalog so the guests don't feel manipulated.
And maybe the guests can't host a show at their home, but how about collect orders and do a book show? There are definitely ways to work around this pain in the butt situation and still make it about the guests and hosting and all the great benefits you can get other than the DCB.

So, to play devil's advocate & get back to the original question. If you could NOT use the DCB for your show....what WOULD you demo? :D

What if you demoed a recipe from the Weeknight Dinners..Done, that can be done in the skillet OR DCB? Then you could either demo it in the DCB and talk about how it can be made in any large skillet (or our FABULOUS 12" Executive Skillet preferably) but encourage bookings for the DCB which we all know is faster and easier than the skillet version or make it in the skillet and talk about how much faster and easier it is in the DCB and so they should host to get it.

Good thinking, Michelle. It's easy to get wrapped up in the 'feature' of the DCB and forget the 'benefit' of what the products are supposed to do for the customer. Thanks!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
So, to play devil's advocate & get back to the original question. If you could NOT use the DCB for your show....what WOULD you demo? :D

I'd go back to my 2 old favorites, demoing something in the bar pan, and the 12" family skillet. Using the skillet to do a skillet cake, and the bar pan to do a pizza of some kind, and talking about the versatility of both.

clubhouse chicken squares is an awesome recipe for summer...use the DCB to still cook up chicken in micro (instead of using "canned chicken") and feature the bar pan or large round stone...Perfect demo and shows lots of "other tools". Still use the DCB for a booking tool, since that's what most of us have presented it as up til now.

I'm not changing my show up at all! We do not know how long this will be an issue so I'm not going to take out a powerful item like that. I am going to make a "contact me list" for those people who don't want to host a show but want to know when it's back for sale!

wadesgirl said:
I'm not changing my show up at all! We do not know how long this will be an issue so I'm not going to take out a powerful item like that. I am going to make a "contact me list" for those people who don't want to host a show but want to know when it's back for sale!

GREAT idea!

I'm not changing my show either. I don't think it's manipulative as long as I tell the truth. This is an amazing piece of stoneware, and it's so much in demand that PC has had to limit sales on it until they can get caught up in supply!

Isn't the DCB still available in the cranberry?? I am not sure where I have been that I did not know the white was a stop order.

debbieskitchenhelper said:
Isn't the DCB still available in the cranberry?? I am not sure where I have been that I did not know the white was a stop order.

They sent out an email yesterday about it.

The DCB is still available to guests for the month of June. After that it is only available to hosts (1 per show). ...until they get production up to where it needs to be. They did stop sell on the white so that they could concentrate on the more popular cranberry.

FYI - The WHITE baker is still available for sale as long as HO receives the order by June 15. Don't forget that. I sent a mass email out and I am getting orders right and left for a fundraiser show I am holding Saturday and I am submitting it by June 15.

The CRANBERRY one is still available until the end of the month so get the word out. I have 2 other shows and I will sell, sell, sell that baker.

Starting July 1st, I will demo the chicken in the DCB as always because that isn't my MAIN demo. I usually demo something else as the main focus anyway so my show flow will still go. (did you like the rhyme?)

Great idea, Danielle.

raebates said:
Great idea, Danielle.

Thanks Rae. I just have to say to myself, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Then go from there.

RMDave said:

Dave, I would recommend, That for the guest who says they cant host a show themselfs, then take their names, and invite them to a special Guest appreciation show, and give away host specials including the DCB.

FYI - The WHITE baker is still available for sale as long as HO receives the order by June 15. Don't forget that. I sent a mass email out and I am getting orders right and left for a fundraiser show I am holding Saturday and I am submitting it by June 15.
Yes, and no. We can still enter it in P3, but if a customer goes to the web site, its not there to find. I think they removed it just to be safe. It's on back order regardless.Family skillet, family skillet, family skillet!Rectangular, square or deep dish baker!Rice cooker, fluted stone, etc.Maybe I'm not in such a tizzy because I don't like to count on using a tool that may or may not fit in a host's microwave.

DessertDivaFL said:

The CRANBERRY one is still available until the end of the month so get the word out. I have 2 other shows and I will sell, sell, sell that baker.

Starting July 1st, I will demo the chicken in the DCB as always because that isn't my MAIN demo. I usually demo something else as the main focus anyway so my show flow will still go. (did you like the rhyme?)

Not totally true. The White DCB is on STOP SELL. That means we are not to sell it. Shows dated after the announcement can not order the white dcb. The 15th is given to us as the last day we can turn in May and June shows with it on but those shows must be dated June 6 or earlier. Stop sell means stop selling it.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Maybe I'm not in such a tizzy because I don't like to count on using a tool that may or may not fit in a host's microwave.

I agree!
I thought I was the only one who had this thought!
I have a hard enough time "winging it" at a host's house when they buy the wrong ingredients.

One of the first times I offered a DCB recipe, the host picked the DCB recipe. I asked her if her microwave was big enough and gave her the min. measurements. She was SURE her microwave was big enough! When we got closer to the show we ended up going with different recipes. When I got to the house there was NO WAY the microwave was big enough! So I am so relieved we didn't use the DCB.

BUT, here is the bottom line for me. I am SHORT. There are many houses where the microwave is above the stove. There is no way I could do a demo and put the DCB in and out of the microwave at that height level. And, the DCB is heavy. Especially when hot and filled with food/liquid. I am a klutz and I could see it spilling all over me. Haha.

I have suggested DCB recipes when I was familiar with a host's set-up and microwave size.

There are SO many recipes out there that don't use the DCB.

pampchefsarah said:
Hmm, didn't realize Keith had trademarked his recipe! :D:love:

Sarah, Keith does EVERYTHING by the book™

And I have trademarked that phrase!

BethCooks4U said:
Not totally true. The White DCB is on STOP SELL. That means we are not to sell it. Shows dated after the announcement can not order the white dcb. The 15th is given to us as the last day we can turn in May and June shows with it on but those shows must be dated June 6 or earlier. Stop sell means stop selling it.

Beth, I CAN sell the white DCB and submit it in a show by June 15. Read my post a little more carefully as that is what I wrote. Just clarifying for you.;)

I have received many responses to my email and phone calls to potential hosts. In the past 24 hours I have sold 2 DCB's and booked 1 Cooking Show and 1 Catalog Show for June making a total of 6 Cooking Shows and 2 Catalog Shows for June. Take the lemons and make lemonade.

leftymac said:
I guess I'll still offer my same choices:

Tools and Tastings™
Bites & Bevs (Jerk Chicken Nachos or Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa)
Summer Salads (Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad or Strawberry Spinach Salad)

I'm debating on throwing a dessert option in there. I HATE dessert demos though because then everyone complains about watching their waistline, and I don't think they sell as much.

I've been making the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle lately but replacing all ingredients with their lighter counterparts (angel food instead of pound cake, light cream cheese, light cool whip, light sour cream) and I did a recipe analysis on it. 218 calories for a 3/4 cup serving is not bad at all!!! I like to lighten up all the PC recipes because, lets face it, I'm TRYING to watch my waistline too!!

1. What recipes will you be demonstrating at your shows?

At Pampered Chef, we have a wide variety of light and delicious dessert recipes that we love to showcase at our shows. Some of our most popular ones include our mini fruit tarts, lemon yogurt cake, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and berry trifle. We also like to mix it up and feature seasonal recipes, so be sure to check with your consultant for the latest options.

2. Can you share any recipes that use less sugar or are gluten-free?

Absolutely! We understand that many of our customers have dietary restrictions or preferences, and we want to make sure everyone can enjoy our desserts. We have a selection of recipes that use alternative sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, as well as gluten-free options such as our flourless chocolate cake or almond flour cookies. Just let your consultant know your needs, and they can tailor the recipes for your show.

3. Will you be demonstrating any dessert recipes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, we have plenty of dessert options that kids will love! Our cookie pizzas, apple nachos, and banana pops are always a hit with little ones. We also offer interactive recipes like DIY ice cream sundaes or decorate-your-own cupcakes that are perfect for birthday parties or playdates.

4. Can we make these desserts ahead of time for a party or event?

Definitely! Many of our dessert recipes can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve. This is especially helpful for busy hosts who want to save time on the day of their event. Your consultant can provide tips on which recipes are best for make-ahead options.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment needed for these dessert recipes?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets to make cooking and baking easier and more efficient. However, most of our dessert recipes can be made with basic kitchen equipment such as mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and a baking sheet or muffin tin. Your consultant will also provide alternative options in case you don't have a specific tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCBakerGirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies