• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups for Your Next Gathering

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for feedback on a recipe they plan to make for a cluster meeting. They mention that they are new to PC and have had some trouble making the tortilla cups for the recipe. They receive tips on how to make them softer and someone else shares their experience making a similar recipe with different fillings. In the end, the person successfully makes the recipe with taco meat and cheese, and it turns out well.
amy07
Has anyone tried this recipe yet? I need to bring this to our cluster meeting on Monday and was looking for any insights. Thanks for the help!

I haven't tried it yet, but I had a workshop at Leadership where they made them. The folks from the test kitchen who made it said that you can substitute artificial crab (what I call "crab with a K") or cooked chicken for the shrimp. The tortilla cups are so cute and can really be filled with anything- tuna salad, chocolate mousse, ****tail sauce and a shrimp...

Thanks Ann! I'm new to PC, so my husband is enjoying all the new experiments I have going on. I did attempt to make these last night, and I had a lot of problems getting the tortillas into the pan. I'm thinking I need to let them sit for awhile with the oil to help soften them more? I guess I'll have to keep playing around with it.

I'm making them tomorrow for our cluster meeting, so I'll post results! I make the Shrimp Wonton Cups all the time (but they use wonton wrappers)...so I am really anxious to try these and see how the tortillas work out. Good Luck in your new business Amy!!!

amy07 said:
Thanks Ann! I'm new to PC, so my husband is enjoying all the new experiments I have going on. I did attempt to make these last night, and I had a lot of problems getting the tortillas into the pan. I'm thinking I need to let them sit for awhile with the oil to help soften them more? I guess I'll have to keep playing around with it.
Make sure the tortillas are at room temp. That will help them be a little softer.

thanks for that tip Ann!

I'm thinking of trying the "technique" tomorrow but filling them with taco meat and taco cheese and topping them with the PC guacamole or sour cream alternately. It has the tip in the Season's Best. Anyone try this yet?

(My family is very "meat and potatoes" so I have to try the "good stuff" on myself!)

janetupnorth said:
I'm thinking of trying the "technique" tomorrow but filling them with taco meat and taco cheese and topping them with the PC guacamole or sour cream alternately. It has the tip in the Season's Best. Anyone try this yet?

Mission accomplished last night - cups with taco meat and taco cheese plain for one kid, topped with sour cream for the other. Turned out pretty good - kind of like nachos! :)

Related to Delicious Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups for Your Next Gathering

1. What ingredients do I need to make Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups?

To make Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups, you will need shrimp, avocado, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, and tortilla cups. You can also add in your preferred seasonings and spices such as chili powder, cumin, or hot sauce.

2. How do I prepare the shrimp for the ceviche cups?

The shrimp should be cooked and cooled before mixing it with the other ingredients. You can either boil the shrimp or grill them until they are pink and opaque. Then, chop the shrimp into small pieces before mixing it with the other ingredients to make the ceviche filling.

3. Can I make the ceviche cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the ceviche cups a few hours in advance. However, it is best to assemble them right before serving to prevent the tortilla cups from getting soggy. You can also prepare the ceviche filling ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until ready to assemble.

4. Can I use a different type of seafood for the ceviche cups?

Yes, you can use different types of seafood such as fish or scallops instead of shrimp. Just make sure to cook them thoroughly before mixing with the other ingredients. You can also make vegetarian ceviche cups by omitting the seafood and adding in more vegetables and beans.

5. How do I store leftover Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups?

If you have any leftover ceviche cups, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep for 1-2 days, but the tortilla cups may become soggy. It is best to eat them fresh for the best texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkeri
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • trisigma730
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • trisigma730