• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs?

In summary, the recipe seems to call for too much of the sour cream mixture and heating the tortillas first is necessary.
trisigma730
So I tried the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups last night and they seemed to be missing something. I followed the recipe exactly, so I am not sure what it was. I didn't put 'alot' of the sour cream mixture int he cups because the DH doesn't care for sour cream, so I thought that might be it. Surprisingly, he liked them. I guess they didn't seem spicy to me at all. Has anyone made any changes or additions to this recipe that they thought improved it? I loved making them, and really want to make them for an upcoming show (I feel confident with the tools since I use many of my personal favorites in the recipe). Just curious. Thanks!

Personally, I don't think it calls for enough of the sour cream mixture. I would up that...

http://women.evenhealth.com

I'm not a "spicy" person but I didn't think these were spicy at all. I've made them a couple times. I do half chicken, half shrimp. I'm not a big shrimp person so DH can have the shrimp ones and I can have the chicken ones. I'm not a big sour cream person but it wasn't bad because of all the stuff you mix in with it.

I saved some of the mixture(s) and empty tortilla cups for tonight. I wanted to get some feedback from everyone on here before I used all of my ingredients so I could try to adjust it without heading back to the store! I think I will up the sour cream mixture, that should do it. I also thought about adding a dash of Old Bay. I went light on it because of my DH, but he will just have to pass on them tonight, lol. I might try making a few with chicken too. Good idea, in case someone at my show can't eat/doesn't like seafood. Do you keep the rest of the recipe the same when you use chicken?

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the tortillas came out. There were tons of discouraging stories on here, so I went into the project a bit skeptical. Heating the tortillas first was the trick though.

Where are you getting this recipe? I couldn't get it to come up on CC recipe search.

It's not in the recipe search. It's in the theme shows from last spring. There are a whole bunch of recipes from past theme shows that are on CC, but not in the recipe search. When you go to the Products and Recipes tab, then Recipes, you'll see them.

Hmmm. I see the theme show recipes starting in 2006, but nothing from last year. Isn't that something? I would love this recipe, can someone cut and paste post it?

What is "Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs?"

"Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs" is a section on our website where our experienced and knowledgeable consultants share their tips, tricks, and advice on cooking and using our products.

How often is "Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs?" updated?

We strive to update "Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs" at least once a week with new and helpful content for our customers. However, please note that the frequency of updates may vary.

Can I submit my own suggestions or tips to be featured on "Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs?"

Yes! We love hearing from our customers and would be happy to consider featuring your suggestions or tips on our website. You can submit your ideas through our contact form or by reaching out to your Pampered Chef consultant.

Are the suggestions and tips on "Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs?" only for Pampered Chef products?

No, while many of the suggestions and tips may be geared towards using our products, we also welcome general cooking and kitchen advice from our experienced consultants. We believe that everyone can benefit from their knowledge and expertise.

Can I search for specific topics or products on "Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs?"

Yes, you can use the search bar on our website to look for specific topics or products within the "Suggestions From All You 'Seasoned' Chefs" section. This can help you find the information you need quickly and easily.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies